ADVERTISEMENT

GoP candidates

Who does Trump pick as his running mate? Does he go with one of the losers like Rubio or Kasich? Or goes crazy with a Trump/Palin ticket?

There is zero chance that someone ambitious, smart, and politically savvy like Rubio would willfully put himself on a losing ticket. I think at this point, Kasich's campaign is a vanity project to try to get the VP slot.

People are way overestimating the intelligence of an average American citizen. These people don't care about Rubio's "rags to riches" immigrant story, and want to keep small-town America familiar to them.

What makes you think he's smart? Repeating that "dispel the notion" line like someone suffering w autism?
His political career to this point proves that he's a smart politician. He ran an insurgent bid for senate and defeated a sitting governor of his own party in 2010. This year, he vanquished his mentor, a member of arguably the single most important political family in the history of the country, who spent obscene amounts of money against him and currently has more endorsements of sitting governors, members of the House of Representatives, and Senators than the rest of the republican field combined.

Fixed. Emphasis added to the key word in that sentence.
I'm talking about a direct line as opposed to distant cousins. The only thing that comes close is the Adams family. Within three generations in the Bush family, there is a two term US Senator from Connecticut; a congressman, RNC Chairman, CIA director, Ambassador to UN and China, Vice President, and President of the United States; a twice-elected Governor of Texas and two-term POTUS; and a two-term Governor of Florida.

Republicans have not won the White House without a Bush on the ticket since 1972.

I'm talking about a direct line as opposed to distant cousins. The only thing that comes close is the Adams family. Within three generations in the Bush family, there is a two term US Senator from Connecticut; a congressman, RNC Chairman, CIA director, Ambassador to UN and China, Vice President, and President of the United States; a twice-elected Governor of Texas and two-term POTUS; and a two-term Governor of Florida.

Republicans have not won the White House without a Bush on the ticket since 1972.
Too easy.

giphy.gif

Yeah, because the CIA director during the Cold War was an insignificant job.

Shows what you know TheFoyeEffect - the director of the CIA ESPECIALLY during the Cold War was an important position. Pick up a book sometime.

Flew me out to Nevada. In charge of running a course on cutting cards. You need to be prepared in the event we have to break any ties. Hopefully hillary left us a few aces.

Btw, the gop is approaching full freak out levels on trump. Rubio needs to post on Nevada.

Is there really not a single viable Republican who feels as though they could enter the race NOW and have a shot at securing the party nomination?

Is there really not a single viable Republican who feels as though they could enter the race NOW and have a shot at securing the party nomination?
You mean other than joe biden?

Speaking of politicians hitting the weights, read some finance guy's take in Barron's a couple months ago saying he thought this guy would be the Republican nominee:

121011051141-nr-time-magazine-paul-ryan-pics-00001320-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Btw, the gop is approaching full freak out levels on trump. Rubio needs to post on Nevada.
Teddy Cruz must be loving it, as his candidacy will serve as an effective roadblock to Rubio. Trump will clean up on SEC day due to Cruz splitting non Trump votes with Rubio even if marcorubio does well in NV. This thing is Trump's to lose. Unreal.

Trump is going to win.

Trump v. Hillary will be the most entertaining election in history. We deserve it at this point.

Not sure what they really expected. The people who follow Trump follow him because he says and acts they way they would want to act if they were in the white house. They weren't going to switch allegiances after Iowa.

All the rest of the candidates are chopping votes, which tells me only that the GOP is a completely fractured party. As much attention as Trump gets, he still only gathers 30-35% of any state's GOP support.

By the way, I saw a poll for MASS for the dems showing the Burn in the lead. Wonder if that will stick after Super Tuesday goes almost completely to HRC.

What's up with Cruz's campaign? Every week they're doing something dirty. Happens everywhere? Or does he have incompetents working for him?

Reactions: ncaaball2
All the rest of the candidates are chopping votes, which tells me only that the GOP is a completely fractured party.
Exactly backwards. If everybody but Rubio dropped out, Rubio woud beat the Trumpster. The issue is Cruz/Rubio/Kasich are all different flavors of the plain vanilla ice cream the majority of the GOP will support, so they split the vote while they're all in the race. GOP is a coalition of economic elitists and social issue populists. The economic elitists still have the majoirty pull in the GOP, but the social issues populists are mainly firmly behind Trump.

The problem is that Cruz and Trump each have the highest floors and lowest ceilings of any of the candidates in the race. Their supporters usually like Cruz or Trump for style or for an issue or two, usually immigration or trade of some sort. Most GOP voters disagree with them on those single issues, but these voters will accept nothing less than strict adherence to a litmus test.

Not sure what they really expected. The people who follow Trump follow him because he says and acts they way they would want to act if they were in the white house. They weren't going to switch allegiances after Iowa.

All the rest of the candidates are chopping votes, which tells me only that the GOP is a completely fractured party. As much attention as Trump gets, he still only gathers 30-35% of any state's GOP support.

By the way, I saw a poll for MASS for the dems showing the Burn in the lead. Wonder if that will stick after Super Tuesday goes almost completely to HRC.

You realize the dems have been trying to get anyone other than hillary to enter the race for a few months. They are so fractured a guy who wasn't even a Democrat 6 months ago is fighting her tooth and nail. Heck, they are still trying g to get biden in behind the scenes. Both parties are in the same boat. You do realize this right? And the dems were supposed to be the party with a coronation.

Exactly backwards. If everybody but Rubio dropped out, Rubio woud beat the Trumpster. The issue is Cruz/Rubio/Kasich are all different flavors of the plain vanilla ice cream the majority of the GOP will support, so they split the vote while they're all in the race. GOP is a coalition of economic elitists and social issue populists. The economic elitists still have the majoirty pull in the GOP, but the social issues populists are mainly firmly behind Trump.
I still think rubio wins and becomes the next president. However, he needs to win a state soon. Be helpful if Kasich got out. He's almost out of money so if he performs poorly in Nevada there be serious pressure to get out.

Cruz is an asshole. Real dirty player.

Trump has actually been pretty complimentary towards Rubio. maybe his pick for VP?
Trump is definitely against Cruz. Because Cruz is an asshole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT