ADVERTISEMENT

GoP candidates

What was their net worth when he left office?

At the end of Bill Clinton’s presidency, the couple had big legal bills from investigations of Whitewater and the Monica Lewinsky affair.

Hillary Clinton’s first Senate financial disclosure forms, filed for 2000, listed assets of $781,000 to $1.8 million, and legal debts of $2.3 million to $10.6 million.

Still, as the Clinton presidency ended, the couple bought a $2.85 million home in Washington and a $1.7 million spread in Chappaqua. And Hillary landed an $8 million advance for her book, “Living History.”

By 2004, they had paid their legal bills, and by 2009, when Hillary Clinton was preparing to become secretary of state, the couple’s wealth was between $10 million and $50 million, disclosure forms show.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/clintons-dead-broke-leaving-white-house-article-1.1822461

At the end of Bill Clinton’s presidency, the couple had big legal bills from investigations of Whitewater and the Monica Lewinsky affair.

Hillary Clinton’s first Senate financial disclosure forms, filed for 2000, listed assets of $781,000 to $1.8 million, and legal debts of $2.3 million to $10.6 million.

Still, as the Clinton presidency ended, the couple bought a $2.85 million home in Washington and a $1.7 million spread in Chappaqua. And Hillary landed an $8 million advance for her book, “Living History.”

By 2004, they had paid their legal bills, and by 2009, when Hillary Clinton was preparing to become secretary of state, the couple’s wealth was between $10 million and $50 million, disclosure forms show.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/clintons-dead-broke-leaving-white-house-article-1.1822461

So, as you hinted.... when they left office, their net worth was negative. Some people might consider that dead broke. It's a little dramatic to say that, given that they knew they were on the post presidential gravy train. It's stupid to dwell on it though.

Back to the race....
CLASS WARFARE:
Dem version: Bernie wants everyone to think they're a victim.
GoP version: make low earners worry that immigrants will steal their jobs and take their share of the entitlement pie.

So, as you hinted.... when they left office, their net worth was negative. Some people might consider that dead broke. It's a little dramatic to say that, given that they knew they were on the post presidential gravy train. It's stupid to dwell on it though.

Back to the race....
CLASS WARFARE:
Dem version: Bernie wants everyone to think they're a victim.
GoP version: make low earners worry that immigrants will steal their jobs and take their share of the entitlement pie.

Some people might also call it disingenuous at best. But consider the source.

I'm not dwelling on it. It's relevant because you and STRICK are torching Romney for being wealthy and Trump for being a phony. Hillary's comments about being "dead broke" illustrate that she is both.

I don't blame you for wanting to change the subject.

They WERE poor! In 2001 poor Bill had to establish his foundation headquarters in HARLEM, the absolute horror!

... you and STRICK are torching Romney for being wealthy and Trump for being a phony. Hillary's comments about being "dead broke" illustrate that she is both.

Hillary's comments about being "dead broke" illustrate that she is wealthy? I don't even understand what that means.

(Note: I get that the comments illustrate that she's a phony.)

Arguing Trump stuff is foolish right now from the left wing like ND. However, I don't see Hilary getting in any trouble on this.

Hillary's comments about being "dead broke" illustrate that she is wealthy? I don't even understand what that means.

(Note: I get that the comments illustrate that she's a phony.)

I guess I could have worded that "more artfully," but I am positive that you can figure out that she is indeed wealthy.

She is undeniably wealthy, and her comments illustrate that she is a hypocrite and a phony.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Last edited:
Most disappointing GoP candidate rankings:
1. Christie - got beat (handily) at his own game
2. BEN - the hOpe was strong in this one.
3. Carly - she was only on the roster to compete with potential DNC girl power flare ups
4. Rubio - gutless campaign. comes off as another entitled young guy.
5. Kasich - Ohio was just a test market for his brand of leadership.

Most disappointing GoP candidate rankings:

1. Christie - "Want me to go down there with a mop?"
2. BEN - "My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain"
3. Carly - "I ran Hewlitt-Packard!"
4. Rubio -Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to answer that. It’s one of the great mysteries.”.
5. Kasich - "I don't need your people."

I haven't read through the 700+ posts, but is Dmil's incarceration included in here? Was he working with Clinton?

Admittedly, I don't really care about politics. They're all the same. But kind of curious if the more enlightened members of this I-net community think that Trump will end up with the Republican nomination? And if so, what kind of chance does he have to win the presidency? I think that could be hysterical. Discuss...

I haven't read through the 700+ posts, but is Dmil's incarceration included in here? Was he working with Clinton?

Admittedly, I don't really care about politics. They're all the same. But kind of curious if the more enlightened members of this I-net community think that Trump will end up with the Republican nomination? And if so, what kind of chance does he have to win the presidency? I think that could be hysterical. Discuss...

I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to appoint myself to the "more enlightened" group (not to be confused with the same small group), but I honestly don't know what to make of Trump. In some ways I find his act to be hilarious and refreshing and in other ways he is so obnoxious that I can't stand to listen to him.

Case in point, last night... standing up there at his "own event" because he took his ball and went home, saying "Look at all of these cameras, it's like the Academy Awards." It's like an impostor has crashed the party and everyone is just looking at each other saying WTF. Or more like an impostor crashing a very formal, self-important event and giving a double middle finger salute, and somehow managing to be "winning" at the same time. He's a WWF-type caricature straight out of central casting.

The "establishment lane" candidates like Jeb must be absolutely seething. This is something that he could not have possibly conceived even in his worst nightmares.

Admittedly, I don't really care about politics. They're all the same. QUOTE]

You just hit on Trump's popularity with voters. He's clearly running a campaign that screams, "i'm not the same and we need to get ride of the same old politicians".

I don't know what to think about Trump either but the Dems don't have much to offer in the way of viable candidates.

It's pretty absurd that the wife of a former President would run. A president that was actually impeached by the House. Dems will vote for the nominated Dem but seriously, how would you feel about voting for a "cuckquean?"

And Sanders? He's so old he reminds me of Orville Redenbacher (deceased).

quick non-revisionist history fact:
Bill Clinton had a higher approval rating in his second term than St. Ronald Reagan, even during impeachment.

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Clinton's second term: 1996-2000
Dot-Com Bubble: 1995-2000

Fox news is a raging left wing news source. If they're reporting against one of their own, it must be real.
No, you missed the Trump talking points: Fox is part of the establishment, just like HRC. Not good for Team Clinton.

Fox is part of the GoP establishment. They benefit from a Rubio or Cruz. They further the "Fox establishment" agenda. Trump makes them look foolish and hurts them. He breaks all their rules and steals their followers.

bloomberg runs and there may be an actual troll president

i'm 95% sure trump didn't want to be president when he made his announcement. 60/40 against him wanting to be president now

I think so?

I thought you stopped posting because of Burrs' return?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT