ADVERTISEMENT

Harvey = Strasburg???

tomdudes

VUSports.com Legend
Mar 24, 2004
Innings limit rearing its head. 180 inning limit agreed to between Harvey and dr Andrews suddenly becoming public? Is his agent Scott Booras? What's the opposite of calling the siblings?

Reactions: OldManYellsatCloud
Boras is the only one wanting to shut Harvey down. He is afraid that another injury will jeapordize the $200M payday he has coming to him after 2017.

Both Harvey and the Mets want Harvey to keep pitching.

Boras is the only one wanting to shut Harvey down. He is afraid that another injury will jeapordize the $200M payday he has coming to him after 2017.

if you think Harvey has absolutely nothing to do with this, youre an idiot.

What a pussy. He is already saying 180 is his limit. At least Strasburg was upset about being shut down. I guess Harvey would rather concentrate on his poofy lifestyle instead of hell his team win.

Really? Did you listen to Matt Harvey talk today?

The Mets should not participate in this the way the Nationals did. If they make the postseason they should just say we cut his innings greatly down the stretch, skipping two or three starts. He is rested and we want him to pitch in the postseason. If he doesn't want to pitch that's a personal decision not one by the organization. Look at the Nats since their gr8 move kowtowing to Boras.

The Mets should not participate in this the way the Nationals did. If they make the postseason they should just say we cut his innings greatly down the stretch, skipping two or three starts. He is rested and we want him to pitch in the postseason. If he doesn't want to pitch that's a personal decision not one by the organization. Look at the Nats since their gr8 move kowtowing to Boras.
Agreed, I would bench him until the playoffs. Make him look like the asshole he probably is.

Aren't a few of their guys on limits this year? If so why not go to 6 man rotation all year so they stay under even with playoffs.

Mets are beginning to slow just a bit and now have some drama. Big series starts Monday. Is this the beginning of the inevitable meltdown? Discuss.

Crap like this is why I stopped doing fantasy baseball leagues. And I don't miss it.

Crap like this is why I stopped doing fantasy baseball leagues. And I don't miss it.

Pitchers possibly getting shut down in September is why???? More like you were overmatched because it's a thinking man's sport. Stick with fantasy UFC, skippy.

Pitchers possibly getting shut down in September is why???? More like you were overmatched because it's a thinking man's sport. Stick with fantasy UFC, skippy.

Have you ever played a fantasy baseball league? I dont know maybe you're the type of guy who enjoys having a dominant team all season only to be left crossing your fingers in the most important playoff weeks of your season when your hitters play on good teams and are getting randomly rested or your stud starters get shut down on teams that are out of it, or have their starts moved or skipped b/c they play on good teams who have clinched and the manager is eyeing the postseason. There's too many moving parts in lineups and rotations late in a baseball regular season - which happens to be the money weeks in a fantasy baseball season. You set your lineup on a sunday. There's no way of knowing what the manager of these teams is gonna decide to do in the 7 days following your lineup locking late in a baseball regular season. There's already enough luck involved. Throwing even more chance into the equation is not something I'm interested in being annoyed with any further. The guys who GET you to playoffs end up being sat on your bench half the time b/c of the above scenarios as you put your faith in middling bats and third-tier starters who you probably plucked off the waiver wire just b/c they happen to start twice in a week - these are the guys that usually decide the fantasy baseball playoffs. Yeah, no thanks chief. Being a thinking man is what got me to quit playing it. I could be naive and keep pissing in the wind and letting chance and absolute luck decide my fate. I'm not that guy.

Mets are beginning to slow just a bit and now have some drama. Big series starts Monday. Is this the beginning of the inevitable meltdown? Discuss.

Some of adp at his best here... Have to say, there are some cracks showing in the Mets... Do the Nats have a Phils-like run in them? In 07 and 08 Phils dominated mets head to head late, Nats will need to do the same.

Not sure who to root for here, at least one of them has to lose which is good.

4 games out...siblings ignoring their phones. Death, taxes and the Mets collapse. Looking forward to the next 3 days at the yard.

Mets will be swept into the Anacostia River this week. 1 game lead on Thursday morning. Niese will be Niese tomorrow and Mets lose 8-5. Harvey will get bombed on Tuesday. Degrom will pitch great but still lose on Wed.

Then they'll go to ATL and prob drop 3/4.

I hate Harvey. I want him off the team immediately. Dark Knight my ass. I would offer him and David Wright to the Cubs for Kris Bryant right now.

David Wright is about as movable as Utley and Howard were in 2013-14 time frame.

Harvey said he'll pitch, we shall see what Dr. Andrews' and Dr. Boras' "proposal" is, I can't imagine he can do any more than 180 not including playoffs, so two more starts? Him at least fending off Boras a bit differentiates him from Strasburg.

Should be a fun series -- what Met fan would not have taken +4 on September 7 heading into this series? You would have to prefer the 2009-2014 mode where there are no worries not to like it.

Mets will be swept into the Anacostia River this week. 1 game lead on Thursday morning. Niese will be Niese tomorrow and Mets lose 8-5. Harvey will get bombed on Tuesday. Degrom will pitch great but still lose on Wed.

Then they'll go to ATL and prob drop 3/4.

I hate Harvey. I want him off the team immediately. Dark Knight my ass. I would offer him and David Wright to the Cubs for Kris Bryant right now.

Trying the reverse jinx now?

Mets just need to win one if they win two its over. All the mets really need is Niese to pitch at least 7 innings today that will set up their crappy bullpen to back up Harvey and DeGrom

Scherzer getting lit up again in a huge game. Worth every penny of the 230M contract. He'll get you tremendous fantasy stats from April - August but is pretty gutless in big spots.

Bryce calling out Nats' fans for leaving in the 7th inning. I don't blame them considering that bullpen.

Papelbomb did the same thing the other night. Pleaded with the Nats fans to stand up and make some noise. Only 23k showed up with the Nats in the thick of a pennant race.

gr8 fans.

let me see if i get this. since the phillies dont resemble a major league team rooting against the nats is the next best thing

I'm not allowed to root against the Nats because the Phillies suck?

Faulty logic

It was a playoff like atmosphere and then the mets went up 8-5 and a bunch of people left. I don't blame Bryce a bit. Need to win the next 2.

I would think Bryce is souring on the Nats with each passing year. Add in the contract dispute this off season and I don't think he'll be staying long. Nats may even be smart to trade him this offseason while his stock his high. It's clear he won't sign there long term.

More dramatic moment---Ramos' grand slam yesterday or Reynold's game-winner vs. Pitt?

More dramatic moment---Ramos' grand slam yesterday or Reynold's game-winner vs. Pitt?
regular season 5th inning homer vs. tourney game winner? Awful. Hit the showers and return with your best fastball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT