ADVERTISEMENT

Harvey = Strasburg???

Harvery is skipping the next series, but they are making sure he pitches against the Yankees. Since the subway series began the Mets have always moved around their rotation to have their top guys pitching, it is very cute.

whitecat memorial tangent of the day:
"In a span of 50 starts from August 11, 1984, to May 6, 1986, Dwight Gooden posted a record of 37-5 with a 1.38 ERA; he had 412 strikeouts."
Include a completely unrelated anecdote about Ben Hogan at Merion and you're golden.

UB57 would throw in a Rick and Marilyn head scratcher as well.

Love the old heads.

So, Drew Storen breaks his thumb after punching his locker thexothercday night? So typical of Nats' behavior.

Further illustration that the Nats are mentally weak. They lack the intestinal fortitude, or balls (if you will) to get it done when the bright lights are on. The definition of a paper champion.

Mental toughness is an essential attribute that any effective setup man or closer must have. As predicted, Storen crumbled as soon as he was unceremoniously demoted as a result of the Papelbomb trade. An ill advised acquisition by Rizzo.

The only suspense that remains in this disaster of a season is whether or not the Nats will continue their implosion and finish below .500. Remarkable when you consider the lofty preseason expectations of the past 3-4 seasons.

Mets will be swept into the Anacostia River this week. 1 game lead on Thursday morning. Niese will be Niese tomorrow and Mets lose 8-5. Harvey will get bombed on Tuesday. Degrom will pitch great but still lose on Wed.

Then they'll go to ATL and prob drop 3/4.

I hate Harvey. I want him off the team immediately. Dark Knight my ass. I would offer him and David Wright to the Cubs for Kris Bryant right now.

Bump

Reactions: DP Too
Correct. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the Nats shitting the bed with yet another gutless performance when it counted the most.

Correct. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the Nats shitting the bed with yet another gutless performance when it counted the most.

It does have a little to do with the Phillies record. The Braves have the same terrible record as the Philies, and the Marlins are not much better. This Nationals team was supposed to win at least 95 and maybe 100+ games with a deep and solid lineup and the best pitching in baseball, and they are now sitting at 72-70 with tons of games against that trio.

Harvey's next start is penciled in for next Sunday for a showdown vs. Tanaka. No rain in the forecast this week - will be a nice ESPN Sunday nighter along with Seattle @ Green Bay.

Maybe the fans had a difficult time getting to the ballpark, like you did when the Nats sucked and they played at RFK.

Or maybe the fans suck - 15k strong.
Maybe they used your excuse, that ownership is not committed to winning.

That's what Pap said before he came in and blew the save. Hysterical.

Speaking of Pap, he also said recently that Nats fans need to stand up and make noise to create a playoff atmosphere. Guess they don't have to worry about that now.

David Lennon ‏@DPLennon Sep 7

That red river is the Nats fans leaving stadium in top of ninth. Only down 8-5 with top of order coming up #mets
th

Last edited:
Here is the thing, when your team is the worst in baseball and you have 15k people show up, you are not allowed to talk down to other teams. If you actually played a sport this would be obvious. Your franchise is the gutter, a dumpster fire. You just sit there and be quiet hoping for better days. These comments are the equavalent of scoring a touchdown when you are down by 40 and doing an end zone dance.

What, you are now establishing rules of fandom? Isn't that what you always say about burrsie?

The Phillies were expected to suck this year. No question about it. Rueben lit the franchise on fire 3-4 years ago.

The Nats, on the other hand, were supposed to be the next NL East dynasty but they can't get out of their own way. And their fans suck ass too.

But you shouldn't even take offense to that since you already jumped off the bandwagon.

C'mon, even you have to appreciate the irony of Pap shooting his mouth off like a douchebag then promptly blowing the save against the team that he just ripped. On the same night.

I completely missed the Pap thing. Essentially whenever he speaks I turn away. He's doesn't strike me as a good person.

Adp, you can do better than ripping Phils' attendance, especially on a night with the Eagles season opener. At least when the Phils had their 5-year window and were favored every year save one, they won the division 5 times, and had a multitude of deep playoff runs. Can guarantee you in none of those years did Phillies fans give a $hit what the Nationals or Marlins were doing wallowing in the basement, they were just an easier opponent on the schedule 19 times.

And in years when the Phillies eventually lost in the playoffs, if they were criticized because the couldn't beat the Giants, Cards, whoever, it wasn't relevant whether the person criticizing rooted for a team that didn't do as well that year.

It's ok to acknowledge that Phillies fans have seen firsthand what it takes to be a consistent team, overcome adversity for a multi-year stretch and win in the playoffs, things like defense, effective bullpen pieces and rosters not stocked with large numbers of players who put up some nice fantasy stats but are pu$$ies whan the big games come. We've seen and can recognize players like that too.

Just own the disappointment. They've had a great window for about 4 years with lots of talented players (or maybe guys Rizzo overvalued?) in their primes and under club control, and now a big payroll. They've got nothing to show for it except two division titles and a Game 4 NLDS win in a series they lost. Missing the playoffs a second time here as a very heavy division favorite. They still have Harper and a few prospects from their prior years in the basement, a bunch of guys will be leaving (maybe many who had the wrong attitude) maybe Rizzo can learn from his mistakes and re-construct the club next year.

I completely missed the Pap thing. Essentially whenever he speaks I turn away. He's doesn't strike me as a good person.
Fair enough. He is an idiot for opening his mouth, especially given his current team's situation. He has no filter whatsoever.

And I don't think that a lack of a winning attitude has much to do with the fact that the Phillies suck.

Please tell me that Harang and Jerome Williams will be shown the door. Two of the biggest gas cans I have ever seen. Williams looks like he is enjoying the fact that he is stealing money. Opponents are hitting something like .320 against him. And at least half of his outs are long fly balls to at least the warning track.

Only a half game away from giving that #1 pick to the Braves. Luckily Buchanan, Morgan, Ascher are starting the next three games.
My favorite day is the day we play 18 together. Ok, my favorite day absent today with kjb. I will start a thread

Typical Strasburg. Meaningless game and he's lights out. A microcosm of this Nats' team. Yawn.

You're being too kind. That's announced attendance. I know for a fact that the "turnstile" attendance in September has been in the 4-6K range.

So how much are ushers at CBP paid these days? Enough to support your family of 5 in a Port Richmond rowhome?

Please tell me that Harang and Jerome Williams will be shown the door. Two of the biggest gas cans I have ever seen. Williams looks like he is enjoying the fact that he is stealing money. Opponents are hitting something like .320 against him. And at least half of his outs are long fly balls to at least the warning track.

Interesting fact: the phillies were the world champions in 2008 with Adam Eaton and Kyle Kendrick combining for a ERA of 5.6 over 49 starts.

Interesting fact: the phillies were the world champions in 2008 with Adam Eaton and Kyle Kendrick combining for a ERA of 5.6 over 49 starts.

My old roommate was a huge CoPer. Got tickets in 2009 for the ring ceremony game and invited me to rub it in because I was a mets fan at the time. I'll never forget the torrent of boos rained upon Adam eaton when he got his ring. Never saw a guy booed and berated at a ring ceremony.

My old roommate was a huge CoPer. Got tickets in 2009 for the ring ceremony game and invited me to rub it in because I was a mets fan at the time. I'll never forget the torrent of boos rained upon Adam eaton when he got his ring. Never saw a guy booed and berated at a ring ceremony.

"a Mets fan at the time? What is that supposed to mean? You've changed teams since then? Is ChicagoSux related to adp?

Maybe 8k last night. What a joke that franchise has become. Nats sweep and demonstrate a little intestinal fortitude.

Maybe 8k last night. What a joke that franchise has become. Nats sweep and demonstrate a little intestinal fortitude.
Yep. The Nats are at their best when the games mean nothing.

Congratulations. Those winners looked so thrilled to be padding their stats against 5th tier relief pitchers. Cap tip is in order.

Don't trot out 5th tier pitchers. You play the teams in front of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT