ADVERTISEMENT

Harvey = Strasburg???

Hopefully he goes full hgh cycle this off season.

Hopefully he goes full hgh cycle this off season.
as long as he isn't in full rage mode for his next nighttime drive on the beltway...... I would hate to see what his jail sentence is the second time.

Millions?
There are numerous videos on YouTube with 150,000+ views each.

I am guessing that there were 10-12k in the stadium given that the game was meaningless.

I don't have the numbers on SportsCenter viewership, but yes, I would say that easily 1 million people either personally witnessed the altercation or viewed video of the incident after the fact.

Either way, an individual who chokes his teammate in the dugout in full view of the fans in attendance as well as TV cameras is slightly north of "unfriendly."

For the record, papelbon was known to be "unfriendly" long before he choked harper.

For the record, papelbon was known to be "unfriendly" long before he choked harper.
Exactly my point. Why would you trade for someone like that? His reputation preceded him. Remember the "lewd gesture" to the fans last year after he was tossed from yet another game?

He is certainly not the only reason or even the main reason why the Nats choked, but at the very least he created an unnecessary distraction which didn't help matters.

The Nats lost because their bullpen sucked, their line-up didn't produce and they had the worst manager in the game. But hey, if you want to state it's because the closer they had for two months was unfriendly go for it.

The Nats lost because their bullpen sucked, their line-up didn't produce and they had the worst manager in the game. But hey, if you want to state it's because the closer they had for two months was unfriendly go for it.
You forgot that the GM who supposedly invented the game made Ruin Tomorrowesque bonehead moves that caused the whole disaster in the first place.

Because he can pitch. Baseball games are won on the field. Mostly via 1 on 1 encounters between a pitcher and hitter. Not in the clubhouse, as you have been led to believe.

Baseball games aren't won in the clubhouse?

What are you going to tell me next, that you and I don't actually play the games?

Last edited:
How did they miss the opportunity to honor this with a banner? I prediCT a 5 story banner to honor bryces mvp. Which is awesome. Yesterday we looked at new office space. If we go with the one near the park, my office will be looking straight through center into the park. I can sit there and look at these banners each and every day. Suffice to say, I'm pumped.

Yea, but what good it will it be when you inevitably change teams again?

You kidding, it will be awesome. I won't change, I'll just add. How can you dump a team when you can see into their field? Unless of course the ownership says something nasty about the manager and his relationship with his wife. Oh wait, in the current case of Matt Williams, my fandom will only go up.

Would you be able to continue on with the Nationals even if Rizzo was let go?

As long as Bob Boone is retained. I'm told he's the actual talent-scout genius. However, I didn't actually say that here because I'm too fat down the rizzo is god road.

Love it. Los Mets are reeling and lost home field to the Dodgers. Hopefully the end up losing today and then are swept in NLDS to end the season on a 9 game losing streak.

The thing about Ricky Bo that always kills me is that if the Phils' brass at the time didn't overvalue him as their No. 1 pick and closer of the future (think Rizzo with Drew Storen), he would've been traded for Mark Portugal in '93, and Phils probably win the World Series. Portugal was a big trade deadline chip that year, pitching great, Phils had Mulholland and Danny Jackson in the rotation showing wear. Mulholland got rocked in a couple postseason starts, including one WS disaster game.

and probably most importantly, Ricky would never have had the name recognition that it took to be this media sage in Philly that so many on here rely on for expert commentary.

Reactions: nardibynature123
if the Phils' brass at the time didn't overvalue him as their No. 1 pick and closer of the future (think Rizzo with Drew Storen), he would've been traded for Mark Portugal in '93, and Phils probably win the World Series.

Maybe if the had used Ricky Bo as the closer of the present in '93, they would have won.

20110205_inq_mitch05z-a.jpg

Good one, but pretty sure Ricky Bo would have been worse than Mitch, even in his "prime" with crap teams, he stunk. He would've been more Storen-like I think. Mitch at least challenged people -- against the Braves at least they hit them right at people and they survived.

And if we had to get into that, the answer was on the roster. Roger Mason was having an almost Madson like postseason that year, could have used him. Put it on Fregosi.

That Mitch calf tat probably also inspired a few people.

Good one, but pretty sure Ricky Bo would have been worse than Mitch, even in his "prime" with crap teams, he stunk. He would've been more Storen-like I think. Mitch at least challenged people -- against the Braves at least they hit them right at people and they survived.

And if we had to get into that, the answer was on the roster. Roger Mason was having an almost Madson like postseason that year, could have used him. Put it on Fregosi.

That Mitch calf tat probably also inspired a few people.
If Fregosi leaves Mason in the game there and they lose he is crushed in the media. You go with Williams there - plan and simple. It didn't work out so it's easy to say leave Mason in.

After the 15-14 game debacle and horrible blown save earlier in the series, Fregosi would not have been crushed in the media for not going to Williams, not at all. Balls were getting hit hard all playoffs off of him. Was running on fumes. This is sort of like the can't fire Williams because he was MOY argument.

and probably most importantly, Ricky would never have had the name recognition that it took to be this media sage in Philly that so many on here rely on for expert commentary.

I understand the schtick, but all he said was that Rizzo's decision to add a nutjob malcontent to an existing mix of douchebags and jerkoffs was probably not the best idea.

This was borne out by the fact that said nutjob threw at Machado's head and was suspended, and followed that up by literally choking the franchise's young superstar. And it wasn't enough to perform this act in the privacy of the clubhouse, but he somehow felt the need to do it in the dugout in full view of the team, fans, and TV cameras (but somehow out of the view of the clueless manager).

If anything, Ricky stated the obvious; therefore, you are correct in your assessment that he should not be relied upon for expert commentary.

And I agree that the Nats were going nowhere before Pap was acquired. But I am guessing that Rizzo wouldn't do it again if he had the chance.

I understand the schtick, but all he said was that Rizzo's decision to add a nutjob malcontent to an existing mix of douchebags and jerkoffs was probably not the best idea.
If anything, Ricky stated the obvious; therefore, you are correct in your assessment that he should not be relied upon for expert commentary.

And I agree that the Nats were going nowhere before Pap was acquired. But I am guessing that Rizzo wouldn't do it again if he had the chance.

Fully agree. But in the Rizzo Spin Zone that adp did a masterful job of creating in this thread, Rizzo does not make mistakes. Williams was the problem and he's gone. Watch and learn as Rizzo gets the guys he needs under club control and the Nats back on top next year.

Fully agree. But in the Rizzo Spin Zone that adp did a masterful job of creating in this thread, Rizzo does not make mistakes. Williams was the problem and he's gone. Watch and learn as Rizzo gets the guys he needs under club control and the Nats back on top next year.

What do you mean by back on top? Did o miss them winning a playoff series?

Cap tip to me. Let's hit 9 pages, er can do this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT