ADVERTISEMENT

Harvey = Strasburg???

I've moved to acceptance of the cards greatness. Hope the pirates can beat the Cubs in the wildcard as that would be a great series. Pirates are legit.

Don't you worry, the groundwork has been laid and I'll be jumping on board come Oct 5. Go buccos. Heading on vacation with two other couples who are both huge pirate fans. If they beat the Cubs we'll be in the Atlantis sports book rooting hard for the pirates. Love to try and sneak up for the wildcard game.

As a lifer Phils fan, I will gladly root for the Bucs-Cubs winner. The only downside is that it is only 1 game. Would be a great 5 or 7 game series.

Don't you worry, the groundwork has been laid and I'll be jumping on board come Oct 5. Go buccos. Heading on vacation with two other couples who are both huge pirate fans. If they beat the Cubs we'll be in the Atlantis sports book rooting hard for the pirates. Love to try and sneak up for the wildcard game.
Sounds like a wild time. Any potential for both team and wife swapping?

Nd, when did you go into the gutter? The new baby has got you pent up. Poor form.

Good thing that you don't actually play in the games otherwise you would have to miss your vacation.

The fact I felt so little about the nats I actually booked the vacation is the salient point. Given you don't make any this is lost on you.

The fact I felt so little about the nats I actually booked the vacation is the salient point. Given you don't make any this is lost on you.
My point is that since you don't actually play in the games, you are free to go on vacation anytime you'd like.

This point is extremely salient.

Burrs, I'm so glad you tell which teams it's legitimate for me to like. Can you come to my house and pick my suit for tomorrow? Caddy for me as well. Tell me which club, read the greens etc.(41 on the front today, the game is getting tight). We might be on to something here. You could be my suri.

Nah. The rules of fandom are unique. A lot of us are born with them and it comes naturally. Unfortunately. others aren't so lucky. They never grow out of their obsession as a 12-year old. Don't worry I'm here to redirect if needed.

Burrs is proud of the fact he has not evolved beyond 12 years old, ladies and gentlemen the COP.

Burrs is proud of the fact he has not evolved beyond 12 years old, ladies and gentlemen the COP.

How did you come up with this? Follow along better. No, better yet, hit the showers.

Lots of people should hit the showers in this thread. Should be like a Penn State summer camp.

77306a.jpg

Is adp's fandom for sale? It changes so often, it might as well be. What amount of compensation would be required for you to be a fan of a team for one season (mlb package cost would be included)?
Rule of thumb: If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

On the Phillies pregame show last night, analyst Ricky Bottalico (a former closer himself) was asked if he thinks that Paps is a cancer in the clubhouse.

"I don't know if he is a cancer, but it's no coincidence that the Nationals crumbled like bread when he got there. Rizzo changed the chemistry and he is to blame for that."

Exactly, dirk.

Please don't quote Ricky Bottalico here ever again.
I knew that was coming.

Say what you want about him but Ricky Bo was a MLB closer so I would think that his opinion carries some weight. And he concurs that bringing Pap into an already dysfunctional clubhouse was an idiotic move that contributed to the Nats (most recent) choke job.

I knew that was coming.

Say what you want about him but Ricky Bo was a MLB closer so I would think that his opinion carries some weight. And he concurs that bringing Pap into an already dysfunctional clubhouse was an idiotic move that contributed to the Nats (most recent) choke job.
No it doesn't.

edit: Ricky Bottalico's opinion is nonsense, closer or not.

The only way that this is official is if Paplebon is not on a team next year.

Sports talk TV show opinions are for idiots and Rick Botallico is an idiot.
Papelbon snapping people with wet towels in the clubhouse doesn't cause onfield choke jobs.

I happened to tune into the pregame show. I don't hang on his every word.

And snapping people with wet towels in the clubhouse is an entirely different proposition from choking the franchise player in the dugout in full view of his teammates and the entire stadium.

Sports talk TV show opinions are for idiots and Rick Botallico is an idiot.
Papelbon snapping people with wet towels in the clubhouse doesn't cause onfield choke jobs.
I was at a sports bar in the Main Line a couple years back - maybe around 2010-2011 when the Phillies were rolling - and Ricky Bo was at the bar for an appearance with CSN. He had an autograph table set up in the back and no one went over to him. He just ditched it and ended up coming to the bar and getting hammered.

Y'all are missing the point. I am not a disciple of Ricky Bo.

None of us on this newsgroup (with the possible exception of tjc, because he's been everywhere) have ever played on a MLB team. He was asked his opinion about the impact that Paps has had on the clubhouse.

Given that the player in question attempted to choke the life out of the franchise superstar, and in public no less, it seems obvious that bringing Paps into the mix was a poor move by Rizzo.

Y'all are missing the point. I am not a disciple of Ricky Bo.

None of us on this newsgroup (with the possible exception of tjc, because he's been everywhere) have ever played on a MLB team. He was asked his opinion about the impact that Paps has had on the clubhouse.

Given that the player in question attempted to choke the life out of the franchise superstar, and in public no less, it seems obvious that bringing Paps into the mix was a poor move by Rizzo.
I don't think I am missing the point, Ricky Bo's opinion is inconsequential.

Rizzo should have done nothing or brought in Mariano Rivera. He already drafted his kid.

Add Bottalico to the same small group that criticizes Rizzo's job performance. Showers for him.

Lowry was a huge Drew Storen fan, thought Rizzo should have held tight.

I don't think I am missing the point, Ricky Bo's opinion is inconsequential.
A former MLB closer knows a little bit more about clubhouse chemistry issues than you or I do.

And even if you believe that his opinion is inconsequential, do you disagree with what he is saying?

I would think that Pap's hands around Bryce's throat is a pretty solid indicator that it was a bad idea to trade for the guy, but that's just me.

A former MLB closer knows a little bit more about clubhouse chemistry issues than you or I do.

And even if you believe that his opinion is inconsequential, do you disagree with what he is saying?

I would think that Pap's hands around Bryce's throat is a pretty solid indicator that it was a bad idea to trade for the guy, but that's just me.
Agreed, we will agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT