ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey Playoffs

adp98

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2005
Watched maybe 5 games all year. However, hockey playoffs are awesome. I'll bust out my Pen fandom for the next few weeks (hopefully longer). Let's Go Pens!

Watched maybe 5 games all year. However, hockey playoffs are awesome. I'll bust out my Pen fandom for the next few weeks (hopefully longer). Let's Go Pens!

That's 3 more than NBA games you watched :)

Enjoy flipping between Pens and Nats. I had no idea the Pens were that good defensively.

Lundqvist injured his eye last night and the Rangers just called up a goalie

not good news.

Especially not good news that his own player hurt him.

Lundqvist's injury may send dmill back to exile.

I'm just trying to keep you around posting some hockey-baited ignorance. I have no clue if Henrik will be back, or who will win any series. How could anyone predict that sport? Did you see the game winner in the Blues game last nite?

Goofy sport, bruhs.

I'm just trying to keep you around posting some hockey-baited ignorance. I have no clue if Henrik will be back, or who will win any series. How could anyone predict that sport? Did you see the game winner in the Blues game last nite?

Goofy sport, bruhs.

The home team with a better regular season won a game in OT? Goofy indeed.

Dmill if you were coach would Girardi see the ice the rest of this series? That pairing with Staal was brutal last night.

Dmill if you were coach would Girardi see the ice the rest of this series? That pairing with Staal was brutal last night.

If I had a choice, probably not. But he doesn't really have a viable alternative. The first goal was pretty unforgivable. Just lazy, which is totally not acceptable this time of year. Something no one has seen out of Girard ever really until later part of this year.

Pens fate seemed to totally change with Hagelin coming over this. He's made them much harder to deal with because they have sustained speed now. That and the coach killer getting a new fix behind the bench.

Last edited:
Classy of the Pens fans to start a "Flyers suck" chant during a moment of silence for Mr snider. Bet Dmil nodded with approval.
COP esque....Love it.

I haven't watched much if any of the Pens but last night was encouraging. I took them to win the East (do they even call it that anymore?).

BTW, the DMV is all about "Rocking the Red". Caps have a very good fanbase. My oldest school had everyone "Rock the Red" today. My kid said he was rocking the black and gold for the Pens. Tomorrow he's wearing his 2016 National Champions tee that came today.

Sounds like Couturier is done. And if he is - so are the Flyers. Can't lose any key contributors against the best team in the league.

Need to generate more offense. They didn't play a terrible game, but you get three PP to start games and you need to capitalize. First goal was like a rock skipping across a lake. Mason played well. Holtby's at high level right now. Didn't need to be tonight, but I don't see him allowing too many cheap ones moving forward.

Flyers played like shit tonight. Caps dominated possession. Simmonds can't take that penalty, Flyers went from PP to 4 on 4.

I saw a stat in the last 25 years 88% of winners in NHL playoffs scored more PP goals in the games. What is irritating is that when you watch the games - they call obvious penalties in the first period. But if you watch the game as it wears on they will call just about anything to make the PP opportunities even out on both sides. Particularly in road games. It's a penalty. Or it isn't. It's the f'n playoffs. Call the real shit. The obvious shit. Or call nothing. Let them decide it on even strength. Unless it's obvious. These teams don't break their asses all season to find it who is the better team with more men on the ice.

Agree. Goofy refs just finding a way to even it up, but he should've walked away from fight.

Refs awful last night for NYR Pens as well. Awful call on Stahlberg is made up with an unsportsmanlike conduct call when Fehr tries to sell on on Girardi. It's the playoffs. It's not tim e to make pre-season calls.

Refs awful last night for NYR Pens as well. Awful call on Stahlberg is made up with an unsportsmanlike conduct call when Fehr tries to sell on on Girardi. It's the playoffs. It's not tim e to make pre-season calls.

Didn't see any of that, Dmil.

And overall I don't think they were that awful in this one. I just didn't get where they saw the rough on Simmonds. Wilson plasters someone into the boards and arm goes up. Play blown dead a few seconds later, Simmonds/Wilson basically give each other a look at drop them. Wilson may have even dropped them a second sooner. Just not sure where the rough came from.

The Flyers penalty on their first goal was kind of weak, too. Probably correct call, but rule is a bit sketchy. A Flyer incidentally hit puck in air and it floated over glass. He didn't shoot it and really didn't whack it either.

Ridiculous first goal too. Deflected off two defensemen and turned into a perfectly unpredictable bouncing puck.
I'm a very casual occasional hockey observer and it's crazy how many goals look like total flukes.

Ridiculous first goal too. Deflected off two defensemen and turned into a perfectly unpredictable bouncing puck.
I'm a very casual occasional hockey observer and it's crazy how many goals look like total flukes.

So, goofy sport?

Couturier is their best defensive player. Their record when he doesn't dress really stinks. Darn near impossible to win now. Caps in 5

Very strange indeed. That game was called pretty closely, which is really strange considering the time of year.

Couturier officially out for series.

Game. Set. Match.

Yep. Oveckin did very little in the first period while Couturier was on the ice. You can't lose him for this series. He is, far and away, the Flyers best defensive forward.

Actually rooting for the Flyers here , so not sure what you're talking about - SC is a nice player but c'mon - he's the make or break player in this series ? That's just silly and not true. And no one appreciates a two way guy like me. He's just not so renowned for it that he's a series difference. In all likelihood they weren't winning this series with or without him - and if they do they ought to be able to do it with him or without him ( or any one guy for that matter ) . He's probably their fourth or fifth best skater. Time of year when you best players have to be their best. Got tons of sht a year ago for losing to TB - did you hear me mention their best scorer was out or their best defenseman was a broken foot? No, you did not.

Far as goofy goals go, when you don't own the puck much, things happen. It's how Wsh has beaten people all year.

I'm with dmil here - sure it's tougher when you lose a player but that is what the NHL playoffs are about, others stepping up. Flyers played terrible last night and basically lost on a goal that was deflected from their own player. They had 4 PP to start the game and blew it. Washington clearly outplayed them but not by a lot.

It's an uphill climb (always was) but I don't think it's a death sentence.

I'm with dmil here - sure it's tougher when you lose a player but that is what the NHL playoffs are about, others stepping up. Flyers played terrible last night and basically lost on a goal that was deflected from their own player. They had 4 PP to start the game and blew it. Washington clearly outplayed them but not by a lot.

It's an uphill climb (always was) but I don't think it's a death sentence.

If that;s the death sentence, then all this did was shorten the death. Like any sport, the guys who get paid to play big have to play big. I'm not discounting the importance of their second line center, or anyone's for that matter, I simply question the 'series is lost' because he's out narrative. Not when you have this emerging defenseman, Claude Giroux, Voracek, Shenn, Simmonds, and a bunch of other playoff team hockey players.

Btw - pretty interesting that the Cap's best player issued this hit. Clean, shoulder to shoulder, hard and with authority. I wish I could root for this guy because I love the way he plays this game right now. It's one game - but that's how you win this time of year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT