ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey Playoffs

The Flyers went like 4-10 without Couts. With him they were like 20 games over .500.

Yeah he's important.

Yea, SC is an important part of the team. He is their best defensive forward. However, I don't think their odds of winning the series dipped all that much. Slightly, yes. Still going to be tough like it was with him. Need Mason to be good and catch a couple of breaks. If they can somehow get WAS into a tight spot then maybe the Caps start gripping the sticks a little tighter than usual. There is a fine line between most hockey teams. The Flyers are much more capable of giving WAS fits than say the Rockets are with the Warriors in the NBA.

The Flyers need to play like they have house money and not panic until they lose a home game if they return down 2-0. It's hockey things happen all of the time.

The Caps are a lot like Nova hoops this year. Long overdue for a run after flameouts. Built on stout defense. Holtby has been ridiculous this year. 50-9. That's almost impossible.

the reason the Caps flamed out in the past was because of their D and/or goaltending

they have both this year

the reason the Caps flamed out in the past was because of their D and/or goaltending

they have both this year
Not really true - the Rangers beat them in very low scoring series .. They actually out - defended them more than out scoring them. Games very very tight and last year Holtby was outstanding. Just got beat by a hair ( game 7 OT )

And they are better all around this year.

Caps are gonna be tough to beat 4 times in the East.

Maybe the Pens can do it?

Well, I wouldn't call a goal from center ice "good".

Nope. You won't see that in the NHL for another 25 years. Unbelievable.

Effort was better. WAS 2 shots on PP, both went in. 5-5 has been mostly good. Just little room for error.,

Bryzgolov is not walking through that door.

(Don't mean anything by that, just like using that old
Reference )

Is it just me or do the Kings either:

1) win the cup
Or
2) get swept in the first round

Maybe it's just me.

If they can't win tonight, then yes.

Agree with this. Lose tonight and then it's probably a sweep. However, I think both would be 2-1, 3-2 type games.

Also, getting dominated is way too harsh. Caps are clearly better, but I don't think the Flyers have been totally outclassed. It was 1-0 late in the 3rd period of game one. Granted, Flyers' scoring chances in the 2nd/3rd periods of that game were minuscule. But WAS wasn't exactly creating much either. The fluke goal from the other night, the one that won't be seen again for another 20 years, really did them in.

5-on-5 play has more than been respectable. The Caps have 3 PP goals, fluke goal, one 5-5 goal late, and another goal late that came at the end of a 4-4. Holtby was a difference maker in GM 2. He is really good.

Agree with this. Lose tonight and then it's probably a sweep. However, I think both would be 2-1, 3-2 type games.

Also, getting dominated is way too harsh. Caps are clearly better, but I don't think the Flyers have been totally outclassed. It was 1-0 late in the 3rd period of game one. Granted, Flyers' scoring chances in the 2nd/3rd periods of that game were minuscule. But WAS wasn't exactly creating much either. The fluke goal from the other night, the one that won't be seen again for another 20 years, really did them in.

5-on-5 play has more than been respectable. The Caps have 3 PP goals, fluke goal, one 5-5 goal late, and another goal late that came at the end of a 4-4. Holtby was a difference maker in GM 2. He is really good.
That is fair, but to me the Caps have clearly been the better team all series.

If the Flyers can take advantage of the emotion and energy tonight they have a chance. Just need to be disciplined and not take any dumb penalties. Caps PP has been lethal.

If you weren't playing against him, you'd have to appreciate how well Ovechkin is playing this game right now. He's playing like Messier in his prime before he became a perimeter player. And that shot is an all timer. It's an absolute missile.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Yeah - I will eat crow on that. Ovechkin is playing great in this series. Making an impact in other areas besides scoring. Flyers really need to start hitting him, but I feel like that could be bad because when he plays physically he is better.

Wife just got home and flipped it on. Caps score to make it 6-1. Took 30 seconds. How do you spell "GUTLESS".

Is it true classy CoP fans threw their Ed Snider memorial bracelets onto the ice and incurred a penalty? Is this really true? Awful gutless fans

I can't believe people would actually stoop to throwing Mr. Snider remembrance bracelets onto the ice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT