ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey Playoffs

Hit on Orlov as bad as it gets in this game. Honestly thought we were seeing a guy get paralyzed.

You take penalties because you are either undisciplined or overmatched usually. It's both in this series. The Caps look outstanding.

Anyone want my tickets for tomorrow? I unfortunately can't make the game anymore as I am heading up to Rhode Island for a funeral. I have them listed on stubhub but doubt they will sell, so why not pass them on to someone I know will enjoy the game. I have them as a PDF so can email them.

Let me know if you are interested.

Flyers fans are a complete embarrassment. Worst fans in professional sports.

The first part cannot be disputed by any reasonable person.

I suppose that the second part is debatable, but they are very much in the conversation.

If you called the diehards goofy and delusional then I'd agree with you.

I think last night was embarrassing, but I don't recall a ton of that stuff happening recently.

I'm a Flyers fan and have many friends that are fans and enjoy the competitiveness of the sport. We're not the jersey wearing segment, but we're fans. I would never think about throwing something on the ice. Idiotic.

Oh yea, it happens everywhere.

Anyone want my tickets for tomorrow? I unfortunately can't make the game anymore as I am heading up to Rhode Island for a funeral. I have them listed on stubhub but doubt they will sell, so why not pass them on to someone I know will enjoy the game. I have them as a PDF so can email them.

Let me know if you are interested.
6a0120a6dde087970b0147e126c0ae970b-pi

If you called the diehards goofy and delusional then I'd agree with you.

I think last night was embarrassing, but I don't recall a ton of that stuff happening recently.

I'm a Flyers fan and have many friends that are fans and enjoy the competitiveness of the sport. We're not the jersey wearing segment, but we're fans. I would never think about throwing something on the ice. Idiotic.

Oh yea, it happens everywhere.

That is a fair assessment.

But last night's episode took things to a whole new level. On the night where the memory of Mister F*cking Snider was to be honored. What an absolute disgrace.

And I am not sure that I agree with the application of the "Happens Everywhere" theory. Not in this case.

That is a fair assessment.

But last night's episode took things to a whole new level. On the night where the memory of Mister F*cking Snider was to be honored. What an absolute disgrace.

And I am not sure that I agree with the application of the "Happens Everywhere" theory. Not in this case.

I agree it was terrible.

But yes, fans acting poorly does indeed happen everywhere. Of course, for lazy national news agency the narrative always plays better when the CoP is involved.

I agree it was terrible.

But yes, fans acting poorly does indeed happen everywhere. Of course, for lazy national news agency the narrative always plays better when the CoP is involved.
In fairness to the lazy newsmedia, throwing the commemorative bracelets from the dead owner the city told you they loved so much doesn't "happen everywhere". and the google machine will be fired up to find precedent right now....

Reactions: Novacatt94
I agree it was terrible.

"In their first home game after the death of Ed Snider - their founder, owner, and chairman - the Flyers and their followers put on a display that manifested the worst instincts within themselves and validated the worst stereotypes about them. They embarrassed themselves, all of them, in every possible way."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20160419_Sielski__Way_to_go__Flyers.html

Two questions........how did the Flyers ever beat the Capitals in two games during the season ????? And why does the CoP have four bad to awful professional sports teams with no signs of improving.......

Oh.....a comment......if they would serve beer in bottles or cans, the poor fans wouldn't have to throw their commemorative bracelets on the ice.

As a Delco native, I am truly disgusted by the Flyer fans last night. I'd expect something like this from drunken pig Eagles fans, but I honestly expected a little more from Flyer fans. Boy was I wrong.

Also, all was quiet on MacDade Blvd last night, but I can't comment on Delmar Drive...

The Flyers are going to get better in the years ahead i think, provided they can get some semblance of point production out of their top scorers. Finally put together what seems like it will be a good young defense. Of course, they might need a goalie after this fiasco. Series like this can destroy a guy like Mason in that town.

But last night did prove what a bunch of BS the whole Mr Snider thing really is. Couldn't even give the guy his own moment of silence without screaming F bombs multiple times. And that was before the game...should have just went for it and yelled COMCAST SUCKS during it. At least that would have been fair.

Two questions........how did the Flyers ever beat the Capitals in two games during the season ????? And why does the CoP have four bad to awful professional sports teams with no signs of improving.......

Oh.....a comment......if they would serve beer in bottles or cans, the poor fans wouldn't have to throw their commemorative bracelets on the ice.

Really about the regular season? The better teams sometimes lose games over a 82-game schedule.

Also, there are signs of improving......

[
It's pretty much a defense.

Dmil, listen closely. The people who threw stuff on the ice last night and the nitwit who yelled something during the moment of silence are idiots and classless. I do not approve.

Unfortunately, there are idiots everywhere and this type of nonsense happens all of the time at sporting events. So, let's not turn it into a CoP only event (Not saying you did that).

My God, I'm so appalled that some bozo acting like a D-head at a sporting event. Man, I never seen this before. Yawn.

[

Dmil, listen closely. The people who threw stuff on the ice last night and the nitwit who yelled something during the moment of silence are idiots and classless. I do not approve.

Unfortunately, there are idiots everywhere and this type of nonsense happens all of the time at sporting events. So, let's not turn it into a CoP only event (Not saying you did that).

My God, I'm so appalled that some bozo acting like a D-head at a sporting event. Man, I never seen this before. Yawn.
Please don't ever call out another fan base then.

[

Then just say last night was an embarrassment and leave it at that. Anything additional is a justification. Can't be taken as anything else, because that's what it is. That's all I'm saying. When Keith Jones is embarrassed for the Flyers and their fans, that's not a bad cue to take.

I wouldn't throw anything myself, but I did laugh when it happened.

The funniest part to me was when the PA announcer was like an overwhelmed teacher in an inner city public school, trying to control his charges. Eventually, he just gave up and threw up his hands.

I am hoping the Flyers lose 7-1 tomorrow.

F*cking dicks. If this series was 2-1 I would have been able to sell these tickets in a second. I ended up selling them for $50 on stubhub and lost $100.

Assholes.

Reactions: Novacatt94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT