ADVERTISEMENT

I'm back, taking questions

Are you up to speed on the obriend1 ordeal? If so, please provide your opinion on the matter.

I have an 90 year old relative in an end of life situation this week. Best strategy: round the clock vigil or let them go privately?

What is the correct name for small ice chunks with colored sugary flavoring? sno-cone, water ice, italian ice, slushie, shaved ice or other?

Have you had any tense confrontations on public transit lately?
I know that obriend1 was going through a divorce but I don't know more details. Hopefully he got a piece of that cookie business. I think that divorce sucks, but it usually works out for the better for both parties, to the detriment of the children.
Best strategy is somewhere in between. Sorry for your impending loss. Sounds like they had a good run.
Ice chunks with colored coating is called a Sno-cone. Italian ice is something else I think. I don't know what water ice and shaved ice are. A slushie is in the same family but it's got more syrup in it and is served in a cup.

Will nardibynature be Uncle NBN to your kid? How old does the kid have to be to be alone with NBN?

Which benchwarmer (assuming not you) would you trust to teach your son how to:
-Drink a beer
-Throw a baseball
-Pick up a chick
I'm going to try to stay away from the whole "friends as uncles and aunts" thing because it's confusing and stupid. I don't know if he will ever be allowed to be alone with nbn.

Drink a beer: NBN
Throw a baseball: ND, assuming we have a talk beforehand that my son is going to be a junk-baller.
Pick up a chick: obriend1. Sounds like he can sure pick 'em.

I'm your guy. I throw a very nice knuckleball and some good side arm stuff. My standard repertoire is nothing worth mentioning.

Describe the last time you:
jumped off a diving board
swore at a stranger
threw up
high fived someone
won money
did something that you immediately regretted

bikerack.jpg

I'm your guy. I throw a very nice knuckleball and some good side arm stuff. My standard repertoire is nothing worth mentioning.

Describe the last time you:
jumped off a diving board
swore at a stranger
threw up
high fived someone
won money
did something that you immediately regretted
Earlier in the summer, at both my parents' pool and my in-laws' pool. I love diving boards.

I say "hell" and "damn" pretty much every sentence, but I usually reserve the good stuff for people I already know.

Ate an entire roast beef sandwich and drank a beer in about 5 minutes while watching a baseball game, then immediately laid down. Got nausesous and immediately ran upstairs and threw it all up. Awful tasting puke.

I can't recall the last time I high fived someone.

I can't recall the last time I won money. I don't gamble and all of my stock market attempts have been losses.

Drove my car into the garage with my bike on top of it. Either that, or going to BuyBuyBaby this weekend to start a baby registry. Similar feelings of dread.

Looks like that guy had his wheel and car take all the damage. My frame took everything, but my wheels were actually fine and the only damage on the car was where the roof rack got ripped off.

Actual photos:
LGT-zQWAnF6rOTBaKPgo0vn7AxCB35AYUT49Hn202e2807HN6ghjWcyBdxjgcYB61p-6aKA3eYfSfa71HHXxvhsKERpin38zUCOfnDCgjhahYD4Y4WX-l1PoMT6V_0efvkXstAlXu30zfsLsdWTcEKs3Iu99xEOP-OKlvmhy9jgqRSGVaybYWEMFDAtXzlXX_7bb18YQ2cPlTabCe2dNqPFU-ICNp0_JWCe3U3EPqYEdplg8QUq_-xDkPguMn_xGTjY50voj3RqTY32kwkpKW_7G25qqdWvghrZ2vOMqp2E7Hud7jqai9IzQ_7DWvRC4jw9IfOMjD49AtjpZOaDBMp2aYAyI9bc7w71uDcFn3ZA58tzQ-8AFMzsibGpBNJBIm9klogoHrBV6M_cbCxE9ZWxZvJcgXS3uBpAPFPtHQ-8C4uQHSw9tB322I5qXTl_NJ9GkbtefoTl5R6BrdS65vWWU_r_iPm5ttLtegIO1t41wTwk_tBRUq7raDP2DE22W0Ig0pCwy2AvM6xXnmgUpTQNG92d-p3vQi0U4_aKG1m4=w427-h320-no

L0EhcmBpM2V_6iqNISWrovwOypbxfbHyAtl-25wD_AgqRQBOKCb3MpCfHONtPJEhwKMSfNkn6PKlkqE2aMIxffBe7x7nZ3OcOUHdTbLA1MrthCr5jH-zWTEByVTaFmjPOKHTTUwdK2YNz0vK4-alXVQ2UFs9aXjJpdFRXmzUunjw62RAeeW7KwzECciVNHXCBiLh-F2Wwyqk6LEH1Z7Mtr8eswbGp2xvwmbTLv4H1WUMxGMXHyv4yfgloZ8MH52xvNO8xEtmLd6dCSfzTF7ZoF_zRh2i1iJkEH3rPjv15wteKzK8OTtHs96GUGEiafXhmtkxd4DIdR62v3YW1GngPgtVjY9mijEFnJMPgGjdhHVwXHdxMbo7EgIG6O6dGqH77jTEVU8Bp9VGvZ6e90UEuibJ8AOdmiH1wVHsIUlN3Lq3sALB9TPEZbHEpsSACHiF5fuq7_6pImmvzOCRbjMBSg6wuevxN5EaYGibResLYfb9B5bUsgsYo7jXT906MG4vPDIlAAXoorLiUE7dpREWZhSc_sX8o3_crkkXNDN0j5k=w2084-h1565-no

Your in central/north jersey correct? Where do you usually take the bike out for rides? Just on the road around your house or do you have a preferred spots/parks with good long rides?

Will you use corporal punishment with your kid(s)?
How soon will Mrs VillanovaU return to work?
Will you go with strict nutrition (no cookies/sods/crackers, lots of organic etc)?
Would you send your kid(s) to Villanova? SHU?

Will you go with strict nutrition (no cookies/sods/crackers, lots of organic etc)?
She is probably going to take 6 months maternity leave. She gets 6 weeks paid leave, plus some leftover vacation, sick days, etc., and we'll do the rest unpaid. Most of her friends went back after 6 months so that's what she wants to do too. Plus she will be off all next summer.

I really don't care about nutrition, but my wife does and she is going to be the one feeding him so I think he'll probably grow up like Feegan the Vegan.

Sorry I missed the corporal punishment question. I probably will spank, but nothing more than that. I don't know the exact meaning of the term as used by today's parents.

Your in central/north jersey correct? Where do you usually take the bike out for rides? Just on the road around your house or do you have a preferred spots/parks with good long rides?
I ride on the roads around my house, and generally in Morris/Somerset counties. Lots of good riding near me. I wouldn't ever ride a road bike in a park as you'd have to constantly be stopping and worried about taking down some kids. Road bikes are for the road, they are very unsafe to ride anywhere else.

Would you send your kid(s) to Villanova? SHU?
I would love it if my kid(s) ended up at Villanova. Not so much Seton Hall, although I do think Seton Hall prep is a good high school if that becomes necessary for any reason.

What % of diapers will you change compared to your wife?
I would estimate that I will change 10% of the diapers in the first six months, just because she will be home all day and I will not. After that it will probably be more even since the daycare people will do that during the day (I guess).

MercJr calls you in 19 years. He's in Fedigan, pinned underneath a sloppy, but not yet disrobed broad that outweighs him. What do you tell him (in theory - in real life you should probably tell him to be a man and quit depending on his parents for mundane life decisions)?

Favorite 70s rock band?

O/U/P:
skateboarding
caramel
people that plug their nose while jumping into pools
art
David Ortiz
sectional sofas

MercJr calls you in 19 years. He's in Fedigan, pinned underneath a sloppy, but not yet disrobed broad that outweighs him. What do you tell him (in theory - in real life you should probably tell him to be a man and quit depending on his parents for mundane life decisions)?

Favorite 70s rock band?

O/U/P:
skateboarding
caramel
people that plug their nose while jumping into pools
art
David Ortiz
sectional sofas

I tell him go for it. Maybe he'll enjoy it more than me.

Led Zeppelin

Skateboarding: Over.
Caramel: Under. GREAT topping. "Salted" caramel is starting to pop up in places that it shouldn't, though.
Nose plugging: Properly (you get called a dweeb if you do it).
Art: Proper.
David Ortiz: Over. Great hitter, not as good of a player in any aspect of the game as A-Rod, just as many if not more steroids.
Sectionals: Proper. The only way to relax is with your ass hanging 4 inches below the rest of your body in the crevice of an old sectional.

Rate the following condiments on a scale of 1-10.

Ketchup
Mustard
Salsa
Balsamic Vinaigrette
BBQ Sauce
Aioli
Chili Sauce
Chimichurri
Peter Luger Sauce
Horseradish
Buffalo Sauce
Pesto
Relish
Worcestershire
Sauerkraut

Rate the following condiments on a scale of 1-10.

Ketchup - 7
Mustard - 10
Salsa - 8
Balsamic Vinaigrette - 4
BBQ Sauce - 10
Aioli - 6
Chili Sauce - N/A
Chimichurri - N/A
Peter Luger Sauce - 9
Horseradish - 5
Buffalo Sauce - 0
Pesto - 0
Relish - 6
Worcestershire - 8
Sauerkraut - 10

Blizzard game vs. Kansas
2006 UConn game

No others stand out. I've never been to a meaningful baseball game.
I will also add the last PGA Championship at Baltusrol. Seeing Tiger throw his clubs and curse like a little girl after putting it in the bunker on 17 on Sunday was one of the top sporting moments of my life.

You get your tickets yet for Balty?
No, I'm going to do my usual thing where I wait until the last minute because I know something is going to come up at work, then get tickets at an inflated price because it looks like I'm going to be free, then something will come up at work anyway and I won't be able to go. That's been my MO for the last 5 years and it won't change now. Being able to plan anything pleasurable in advance is a luxury reserved for others.

Blizzard game vs. Kansas
2006 UConn game

No others stand out. I've never been to a meaningful baseball game.
Not even a game in which a walk off HR that allowed your favorite team to play another game in a divisional series that they eventually lost?

Not even a game in which a walk off HR that allowed your favorite team to play another game in a divisional series that they eventually lost?
I'm a Yankees fan, so generally speaking you have to be an oil heir or a hedge fund manager to be able to afford to go to a playoff game.

My birthday is in early October, and I always thought it would have been a cool birthday to go to a Yankees playoff game, but my parents never pulled the trigger because it probably would have cost like ten grand. I was always disappointed every year until I grew up and realized how expensive it is to go to a baseball game.

Are you still perplexed/confused by everything?
I think you're referring to my intentional ignorance of certain things. There's not much that I'm perplexed/confused about.

But I generally remain ignorant of pop culture. I don't know much about any baseball teams except the Yankees, and I am entering my fourth year since last intentionally viewing an NFL game. I hope that helps, Liz. You are an inspiration to us all.

I don't know much about any baseball teams except the Yankees

What % of Yankkes fans are described by the above sentence? 95%?
Why is Yankee fandom so cultish? Nothing in pro sports approaches it.

How did you decide to have a little Merc? What has surprised you about it so far?

Was your garage f*cked up from the bike hitting it? Do you tell people about it or are you embarassed?

Do you have a friendly relationship with any of your neighbors?

Your thoughts on EDM?
Particularly electronic music festivals?
I don't really have any thoughts on it. It seems like something that some people like to do, along with drugs. I guess it's the new "rave" scene? I generally avoid those types of things so I don't know much about it besides that it exists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT