ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Playoffs

Villanova U

All VUSports.com Team
Sep 22, 2014
What? No thread on this because the CoPhillies aren't in it this year? We aren't allowed to discuss?

Observations so far:

The Pirates throwing at Arrieta was the most entertaining thing I've seen in a while.
Houston has the goods to go very far, and are going to be twice as good next year.
Toronto will come out of the AL.

There was some back and forth about the MLB playoffs in a few scattered threads.

I'm pretty sure Arrieta threw at Cervelli. Not so sure about Harrison.

That being said, the dude's K:BB ratio was about 4:1 at one point during that game. He knew exactly where the ball was going. And he had enough confidence in himself that he knew he could get away with it. He knew the pirates couldnt score.

The blue jays had a pretty miserable start to the postseason.

Jays in a tough spot having to go up up against one of the most proven postseason arms in the playoffs in Hamels down 1-0. Cole seems to be peaking at the right time. Looking more like 2008 Cole than 2009. Jays were the experts' pick, but lack of experience could do them in.

Sorry this one isn't in prime time so more people could see it -- I actually wish they'd put two games on at a time on weekdays rather than have some in the day.

The predictions thread below, was the thread to discuss the games (and I've been watching).

BTW, I hate watching indoor baseball games at noon. Should be OUTSIDE for a day baseball game...

Haha. So predictable. What a cheek

image.jpg

FoyeEffect's Twitter feed is on fire right now. About 60 tweets in 10 minutes. Defcon 1 meltdown. Retweeting everyone who's also pissed off too.

Rough takeout slides are kind of his thing. What a tool.

Reactions: kjbert
What has surprised me about my Twitter timeline is how many sports media people I follow that must be mets fans. I don't have any issue with mets fans being pissed, but there are some media people (that don't cover baseball) that are losing their mind over that play right now.

Nothing quite like bringing some fire back to 4.6 like Chaz Utley breaking the leg of a Mets player in the playoffs. Really good stuff here.

Slide was late but well within the basepath.

I had no idea that Mets fans were such whiney bitches.

Mets fans are threatening to kill Utley and his family on Twitter. Stay classy, Los Mets.

I think you forfeit your right to be safe when you fly into someone's legs without touching the base then run back to the dugout without touching the base.

It was a dirty play. Nothing wrong with breaking up a double play. But when you go in hard, anything that happens after that is on you.

Foye's snatch is still sore. Now wishing a life-altering concussion for Utley. Grow the eff up. It's sports and sometimes this stuff happens. Never understood why fans take it so personally when one of their players gets hurt via a questionable play.

Questionable would be if he slid into the base on time but a little high. He was multiple feet off the baseline, kicked up his legs, and went straight into Tejada's shin.

I'm not only angry because it was a chickenshit move, I'm angry because it might end Tejada's career.

Its too bad utley is useless, more so then tejada......otherwise it would make this series a lot more interesting seeing how the dodgers would react to a major player going down

How is it even possible that people are outraged by this play? Have they never watched baseball before?

I think MLB is the only level of play where that kind of slide is allowed (okay, utley was a few inches from the bag so it was technically illegal. Just get rid of takeout slides like they did with collisions at the plate.

Questionable would be if he slid into the base on time but a little high. He was multiple feet off the baseline, kicked up his legs, and went straight into Tejada's shin.

I'm not only angry because it was a chickenshit move, I'm angry because it might end Tejada's career.

Tejada sucks. Who cares if his career is over. Not like he ended a young guys career or someone like Wright. And as burrs said, it's sports. Grow the eff up and stop venting on the Internet to strangers you loser.

Its too bad utley is useless, more so then tejada......otherwise it would make this series a lot more interesting seeing how the dodgers would react to a major player going down

Not sure I understand this. You said Harvey is throwing 95 at someone's head, he could do that to Adrian Gonzalez. Then you can get your wish.

Minute he does that he's getting ejected though. Umps will have a quick trigger tomorrow night.

Old fashioned country hardball there. Suspension is a gutless move.

When turning 2 you're supposed to get your feet in the air to prevent that from happening. Tejada was just as wrong there as Utley.

Also, F the Mets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT