ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Playoffs

It's incumbent on the middle infielder to protect himself and his own career in these situations. Really pretty amazing all the traction this slide has gotten (if it wasn't a NY team being wronged, probably would not have.) Borderline slide, but if Tejada wasn't aware of the situation and who was on first, wanted to try to be fancy and turn a no shot double play, that's on him, had to be ready for the possibility.

Seriously?

Not sure what Tejadas supposed to do there. Even if he just tries for the out at second he still gets clobbered.

Since Harvey is on a pitch count or whatever he may or may not be on, do Los Mets tell Harvey to just plunk the first person and the Mets will pay the fine? Then, Harvey not only doesn't have to pitch Game 3, but would likely be suspended for some games in the playoffs if they win, or early next season...because...you know...Los Mets (or his agent or whomever) will likely want to keep his innings down next year, too.

Since Harvey is on a pitch count or whatever he may or may not be on, do Los Mets tell Harvey to just plunk the first person and the Mets will pay the fine? Then, Harvey not only doesn't have to pitch Game 3, but would likely be suspended for some games in the playoffs if they win, or early next season...because...you know...Los Mets (or his agent or whomever) will likely want to keep his innings down next year, too.

I've seen several people mention hitting the leadoff batter, I don't see how it makes sense. If the umps warn the teams pre-game, then he gets tossed. If they warn him after this happens and another one gets away and hits a Dodgers batter, he gets tossed. I think it's much more likely someone like Robles does it late in the game assuming the Mets get up big. Harvey vs Brett Anderson is a huge advantage to the Mets, taking the ball out of his hands would be stupid.

Reactions: HereComeTheCats
Seriously?

Not sure what Tejadas supposed to do there. Even if he just tries for the out at second he still gets clobbered.

I think he could have jumped as he was throwing. Pretty common in a situation like that. Especially if completing the double play is a long shot to begin with.

Despite the fact that Boston appears to be a ghost town, I have to work today. Love Friday and Today. Games all day starting at 1:00pm - it's like a mini-version of the NCAA tourney - I can stream at my desk. Only downside is the early game is played in an indoor arena, which I hate for day baseball games

Last edited:
Dodgers
Kendrick 2B
Rollins SS
Gonzalez 1B
Turner 3B
Ethier RF
Crawford LF
Grandal C
Hernandez CF
Anderson P

Mets
Granderson, RF
Wright, 3B
Murphy, 2B
Cespedes, LF
Duda, 1B
d'Arnaud, C
Flores, SS
Lagares, CF
Harvey, P

I thought someone was joking about TFE advocating the Mets suing in federal court. According to his twitter it is actually true. Get a hold of yourself, man!

While I'm enjoying the amateur hermeneutics exercise happening on this thread with regard to my tweets completely devoid of the context from which they were sent, if you actually think that I want The Mets to sue MLB in federal court, or that I seriously want Brett Anderson to injure himself, then you should find a hobby.

As for the Chase Utley concussion comment, omyac/millersibs/shoesevenshinier (same person) failed to mention my other "injury wish" against Utley, which would have provided the context you need as far as how serious I am when I "wish injury" on someone.

Can't believe that CTNova nancy left the board. What a cheek. Anyone know why?

While I'm enjoying the amateur hermeneutics exercise happening on this thread with regard to my tweets completely devoid of the context from which they were sent...

Riley Cooper has a better argument that his comments were taken out of context than you on this one I think. Chalk it up to emotions if you like, but just own it. Context wouldn't change anything.

What context? You wished an life altering injury on a player and wanted the Mets to take this to federal court. Those are facts. If you want to say you were drunk when you tweeted, or overly emotional for an adult sports fan, fine. But you have to own what you post. Every poster here does (with one notable exception)

Reactions: OldManYellsatCloud
I'll own what I post when I'm being serious. If I joked that I wished Chase Utley died of syphilis that Jayson Werth gave his wife immediately after it happened, why would I be serious later when wishing injury on him when things had cooled down?

As for federal court, that was a subtweet of a patriots fan friend of mine who was screaming about how the patriots should have taken the NFL to federal court when the Brady suspension came down. My tweet was an almost verbatim copy of what he tweeted at the time with Mets and MLB substituting Brady and NFL.

As for federal court, that was a subtweet of a patriots fan friend of mine who was screaming about how the patriots should have taken the NFL to federal court when the Brady suspension came down. My tweet was an almost verbatim copy of what he tweeted at the time with Mets and MLB substituting Brady and NFL.
So a twitter version of it "happens everywhere"? Carry on then.

While I'm enjoying the amateur hermeneutics exercise happening on this thread with regard to my tweets completely devoid of the context from which they were sent, if you actually think that I want The Mets to sue MLB in federal court, or that I seriously want Brett Anderson to injure himself, then you should find a hobby.

As for the Chase Utley concussion comment, omyac/millersibs/shoesevenshinier (same person) failed to mention my other "injury wish" against Utley, which would have provided the context you need as far as how serious I am when I "wish injury" on someone.

The triple "alt" accusation now? Wow that's a first. It was already established that kjbert is OMYAC so you're wrong. As for me, my old handle was JoePaturnedABlindEye. But keep deflecting from you asinine and childish Twitter posts. If you were 16 or retarded you'd have a nice excuse. But you're late 20s and somewhat functional. Bottom line, move out of your parents place and embark on a life that doesn't involve social media. You'll find it's much more rewarding.

Just think the Dodgers could of had Hamels starting this pivotal Game 3, but no hold onto those prospects. You know, since they have about one in four chance of panning out. They should go another 27 years without a WS.

27 years is better than 3 out of the 4 for phour teams.

So what?

The Dodgers are working with what? A 230 million dollar payroll. To me it seems like they wanted to win this year, but took a short cut and it might not pay off. All in the name of coveting their prospects. Dumb way of doing things, IMO.

So what?

The Dodgers are working with what? A 230 million dollar payroll. To me it seems like they wanted to win this year, but took a short cut and it might not pay off. All in the name of coveting their prospects. Dumb way of doing things, IMO.
Fair argument burrs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT