ADVERTISEMENT

MLB trade deadline thread

I would estimate that at least half of professional athletes are insufferable dickheads.
True, but not many rise to this level of insufferableness:

th

Yet the Phillies knew this going in and still took him.
This is also true. I didn't like the signing from the jump. In fact, it came out of nowhere. They were supposed to sign Madson.

That wouldn't have worked out due to the injury, but it was well-documented at the time that the contract was unnecessarily generous.

The club cancer theory is overstated. He got along with his teammates. The other stuff is fair.

That wouldn't have worked out due to the injury, but it was well-documented at the time that the contract was unnecessarily generous.
We could talk about how Amaro was widely mocked around the league for that signing. Including comments from other GMs about how he was competing with himself on that deal. But Burrs would demand that we be banned from the CoP sports complex for life if we did that.

We could talk about how Amaro was widely mocked around the league for that signing. Including comments from other GMs about how he was competing with himself on that deal. But Burrs would demand that we be banned from the CoP sports complex for life if we did that.

Actually, Burrs would agree with this. Stated as much earlier. Oh wait, I forgot you skip over that stuff to keep your agenda towards me going. My bad.

Insufferable dickheadedness and #Natitude - perfect together.

Maybe this wasn't such a bad trade after all.

I just wanna say I'm really surprised a 3 page thread morphed into being about the posters and not the actual content. Really shocking stuff here.

Insufferable dickheadedness and #Natitude - perfect together.

Maybe this wasn't such a bad trade after all.
Could be the catalyst to makING the Nats a winner? Leads to kids running down the parade route. Side note I booked a trip to the Bahamas for a long weekend during first round of mlb playoffs. If they lose first round, fuk them. I'll just switch teams.

He hadn't blown his last two post season save opportunities Rizzoli would care.

adp: The key will be Paps not blowing any saves especially critical ones down the stretch as he did in his last year at Boston. If he does his job, then Storen can't say a thing. If not, watch out.

I don't recall papelbohn blowing a bunch of October saves. If so, why did the Phillie's give him that huge deal?

I don't recall papelbohn blowing a bunch of October saves. If so, why did the Phillie's give him that huge deal?

Look at September 2011 his last month at Boston.

Amaro was an idiot. That is not in question.

We don't play for september,tell me his post season record?

That earlier LAD-FLA trade appears to be a 3-way one now with ATL involved.

Somehow the Dodgers end up with Latos-Morse-Wood-Johnson-Peraza (ATL top prospect).

They didn't get either of Texas top 2 but got their next guy, Alfaro, who is considered a top 50ish prospect by most. Catcher with some pop and good skills behind the plate. Obviously Rangers wouldn't give them Gallo and wouldn't part with the outfielder Maraza. Don't know him but he's a top 30 guy and their 2nd ranked prospect, Ahead of the kid the Phillies have as the PIECE returning. Given they didn't get either of the top guys would assume they have two more highly rated players along with Alfaro the catcher. Burrs can't be happy.

Why did Phillies ask for a stud catcher? They've got future hall of famer Tommy Joseph waiting in the wings.

Reactions: kjbert
For the record, how stupid are the Phillies? It was clear this is how it would play out. That haul was never coming. They should have called the Dodger last year and agreed to eat $25 million and gotten a great package for Hamels. They are so dumb.

Can't even get a teams top 1 2 or 3 prospects for one of the best pitchers in baseball who is locked up for 3 more yrs.

This sport is an absolute joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT