ADVERTISEMENT

NBA draft lottery

RimJobbLarry

Diaper Dandy
May 4, 2016
sixers will finally get the #1 pick. The rigged NBA wants to see them succeed. Part of the deal to bring in Colangelo and fire Hinkie was that in exchange Silver would make sure they got the first pick.

#moreRiggedThanWWE

Reactions: tomjackleman
sixers will finally get the #1 pick. The rigged NBA wants to see them succeed. Part of the deal to bring in Colangelo and fire Hinkie was that in exchange Silver would make sure they got the first pick.

#moreRiggedThanWWE

This idea does have a lot of appeal, has since the Colangelo hire. You'll be able to hear squeaky-voiced Bill Simmons screams wherever you are when Sixers get No. 1 tonight.

#moreRiggedThanWWE
Waiting for burrs to disagree with you.

Very similar to when the NBA hooked up Cleveland after LBJ left. Gave them a few #1s too. In an ironic twist part of that was also to get Cleveland good again fast to entice LBJ to return to turn him from heel back to face to complete their redemption storyline for him.

If LA or Boston wins - the conspiracies will fly. Because they're Boston and LA. If the Sixers win we'll have the Colangelo conspiracy. The only way the conspiracy won't fly is if someone besides these 3 wins. So there's a pretty good chance the conspiracy will be flying.

For me, I'd sign up for the 1 or 2 right now and not care about the Lakers pick. But if the Sixers get screwed out of a top 2 pick they better get the damn Lakers pick too. If they end up with just 3 or 4 a dog is definitely getting kicked.

So, the NBA conspired to give MINN the top pick last year when there was one clear top choice? Pretty cool of them.

Why is it just an envelope revealing and not the actual lottery?

Here's a reasonable explanation that I found.

"Because it's not a very clean process. 14 numbered balls are put in a hopper and a 4 number combo is drawn. That 4 number combo is compared to a list of 1,000 potential combinations assigned to the 14 teams. So it's not as if the #1 ball comes up and you know that's assigned to Sacramento. Instead, for example, the numbers 2-4-7-13 are drawn and compared against the matrix and the team with that combo wins. Then it's possible you could have multiple drawings hit for the same team, and would then get thrown out. Not as TV friendly as your local state lotto Pick 4 drawings. I guess they have "Independent Auditors" oversee the process... but at the very least I'd like to see them invite some media to watch."

So, the NBA conspired to give MINN the top pick last year when there was one clear top choice? Pretty cool of them.

I don't believe three is a conspiracy every year, just every once and a while. Knicks getting Ewing probably. Possibly Sixers NOT getting No. 1 one of the last couple of years. Also could be the league feels bad about that on some level, tied with Colangelo hire maybe willing to make it right now.

My guess is the league has screwed around with it maybe 5 or 6 years total.

"Because it's not a very clean process. 14 numbered balls are put in a hopper and a 4 number combo is drawn. That 4 number combo is compared to a list of 1,000 potential combinations assigned to the 14 teams. So it's not as if the #1 ball comes up and you know that's assigned to Sacramento. Instead, for example, the numbers 2-4-7-13 are drawn and compared against the matrix and the team with that combo wins. Then it's possible you could have multiple drawings hit for the same team, and would then get thrown out. Not as TV friendly as your local state lotto Pick 4 drawings. I guess they have "Independent Auditors" oversee the process... but at the very least I'd like to see them invite some media to watch."
Are you kidding me? That would be great theater. Better than the current reverse order envelope reveal.

Lakers and Celtics in the top 2. Sixers at 4, punished by NBA for blatantly tanking.

The Lakers didn't tank?

If the Lakers needed to get hooked up, then it was last year at #1 with Towns.

I hope the sixers get the 2nd pick so that they draft whomever is left between Simmons and Ingram. That way, I won't have to read 9,067 posts about how Colangelo picked the wrong guy on BW.

Christ. Talk about overcomplicating things.

I hope the sixers get the 2nd pick so that they draft whomever is left between Simmons and Ingram. That way, I won't have to read 9,067 posts about how Colangelo picked the wrong guy on BW.
Take simmons and even this disgruntled sixers fan will tip his cap. Wouldn't it better if they actually get the pick and fuk it up

Now starts the dynasty. Matty17

LOL. I was waiting for your prompt. I would say this: Its about damn time! What it means? Not sure. A lot can happen between now and then.

One prediction I will make which many will not agree with:

Joel Embid will be a 100% healthy and will make a major impact on the 76ers in 2016-17. Nardi and anyone else can come after me if he doesn't play again this coming season.

Reactions: NickleDimer
offer the lakers their own future pick and the fat carcinogen for #2 so you get simmons and ingram

failing that maybe the celtics give up #3

important things are to get simmons and to get that fat selfish twat out of my f--king sight/consciousness

Reactions: NickleDimer
13245367_1424384247587507_2050746672695145716_n.jpg

LOL. I was waiting for your prompt. I would say this: Its about damn time! What it means? Not sure. A lot can happen between now and then.

One prediction I will make which many will not agree with:

Joel Embid will be a 100% healthy and will make a major impact on the 76ers in 2016-17. Nardi and anyone else can come after me if he doesn't play again this coming season.
Congrats buddy, hopefully the prediction will be as good as Ben Revere

Because Simmons can play all over this opens a lot of trade possibilities. Whether with Saric or Okafor or Noel I say this greatly increases the chances of Okafor or Saric getting moved.

Those poor saps in the Sixers ticket office can finally start making some commissions.

I have a strong feeling that either Noel or Okafor gets moved. I think something with Cektics could still be in play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT