ADVERTISEMENT

NBA draft lottery

Do you think Saric might influence their decision? Do you think the Colangelo's relationship with Coach K plays a role with either how they proceed with Okafor or drafting Ingram?

Also, is there a place for Simmons at the three for parts of games?

Burrs, I think you take the best player and hope you have 3 players between Okafor, Noel, Embiid, Saric, and Simmons/Ingram. If more than 3 prove to be valuable then you worry about trading one.

I actually think there is some valuable help in the 2nd round this year at the guard position. Although undersized, I think Tyler Ulis and Kay Felder would be intriguing yet undersized PG prospects. Other SG types I like in the mid-late 2nd round above the crap the Sixers have currently is players with winning pedigrees and some size such as Brogdon (UVA), Gbinije (Cuse), and Ron Baker (WSU).

With the 24 and 26 picks I'm looking at these guys:

-Maker (especially if a big is moved)
-Demetrius Jackson
-Tyler Ulis
-Wade Baldwin
-Malik Beasley
-Malachi Richardson
-Taurean Prince

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
they tried him at the 4 last year because noel's defense is so much better at the rim. okafor at the 4 is a persistent refrain from some of his apologists

if porzingis was a complete robot who did nothing but shoot 35% on 3s off the catch, and rebound/block shots at the rate he did as a rookie, he'd be much better than okafor

okafor isn't useless, he's worse than that. he demands concession and the wrong kind of sacrifice from everyone in the operation. same way iverson did, except for the playing hard, not being as good, and being at a position where defense is much more critical

gdog came at me all gangbusters for saying towns was better than noel in the summer of 2014. now he's saying enes kanter was the key in a playoff series for a team that has durant & westbrook

adams is a goon who bears no resemblance to okafor. neither does the tim duncan of the last decade, or bogut, or bosh, or cartwright, or tysone chandler, or anyone, really, except--very superficially--shaq & hakeem. and obviously you (maybe even gdog) understand the difference between those two, and this sharone wright jr mah****a

I told you Towns wasn't better than Noel? There's no way this is true. I never said that and never would.

With the 24 and 26 picks I'm looking at these guys:

-Maker (especially if a big is moved)
-Demetrius Jackson
-Tyler Ulis
-Wade Baldwin
-Malik Beasley
-Malachi Richardson
-Taurean Prince

I think it's better than 50/50 that one of these picks either gets moved or they draft and stash a foreigner.

I like some of your guys, tho. I like the four B's --- Bembry, Bentil, Baldwin, & Beasley.

I'd take a flyer on Ukis as a spark plug off the bench.

Not a fan of Bentil in the league. Not a real good athlete. Defensive turnstile. Nothing but a jump shooter.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Burrs, I think you take the best player and hope you have 3 players between Okafor, Noel, Embiid, Saric, and Simmons/Ingram. If more than 3 prove to be valuable then you worry about trading one.

I actually think there is some valuable help in the 2nd round this year at the guard position. Although undersized, I think Tyler Ulis and Kay Felder would be intriguing yet undersized PG prospects. Other SG types I like in the mid-late 2nd round above the crap the Sixers have currently is players with winning pedigrees and some size such as Brogdon (UVA), Gbinije (Cuse), and Ron Baker (WSU).

Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread but as hard as it is to believe after all the second round picks they've accumulated during the past 3 years, the Sixers "currently" do not have a pick in the second round this year----which somehow seems amazing!!!

Reactions: TheJoker203
i think bentil is 22, too--older than most in his class

i said towns was better than noel before he played an actual game for kentucky. argument was whether that kentucky team could give the sixers a game. and they probably could have, especially if you're talking about ulis & booker rather than the twins in the backcourt

ulis did not shoot very well from 3 as a sophomore--that worries me. his floater game in the lane really improved though. had some jv curryesque moments in the lane

baldwin will probably be gone, and he doesn't handle the ball that well. shot about the same % from 2 that he did from 3. big and athletic and decent fit with simmons however

cordinier intrigues but i'm not going to pretend to know much about him. i like zimmerman, but he's another big guy. dejounte murray, caris levert, and bembry would be all in the mix for me in the 20s

Not a fan of Bentil in the league. Not a real good athlete. Defensive turnstile. Nothing but a jump shooter.

At 24/26 you're not getting Karl Malone. I see him as a reserve on a good team, who is instant offense off the bench. Doesn't need to be a great defender playing against other reserves. Solid rebounder, good body already, who will undoubtedly get stronger. Still a raw player in some ways and got 21 a night, ten times at 25+ in a game. Can score out to the arc and will run floor with better players. I like guys who have physicality and who can score.

At 24/26 you're not getting Karl Malone. I see him as a reserve on a good team, who is instant offense off the bench. Doesn't need to be a great defender playing against other reserves. Solid rebounder, good body already, who will undoubtedly get stronger. Still a raw player in some ways and got 21 a night, ten times at 25+ in a game. Can score out to the arc and will run floor with better players. I like guys who have physicality and who can score.
Sounds like this guy:
irishx.jpg

Who's that? Harangody?

Nah, I don't see the similarities all that much. Bentil better athlete, more upside. Harangody played four years and was a very good CBB player. But he bullied guys underneath. He was savvy in college and not being athletic didn't hurt him in at that level. He used positioning and smarts to beat defenders. Those skills didn't translate to the NBA. Bentil better perimeter player at a much younger stage. More of a NBA body, more upside, IMO.

at the very worst. more likely he'd go 1st

the only guy i kind of like at 3 is bender and they're not going to do things like that any more. dunn blows, murray is a 7th man if he hits his ceiling. jaylen brown is a good driver and that's about it. i like ellenson and skal better than any of the american perimeter players. who the f--k is valentine going to guard?

but okafor is poison and foisting him on boston is a bonus. just get rid of him. maybe embiid exists and the next move would be to trade rather than extend noel*, but for f--k's sake just get okafor the f--k out and f--king play basketball with some f--king energy
I think Brown is going to be very very good

Who's that? Harangody?

Nah, I don't see the similarities all that much. Bentil better athlete, more upside. Harangody played four years and was a very good CBB player. But he bullied guys underneath. He was savvy in college and not being athletic didn't hurt him in at that level. He used positioning and smarts to beat defenders. Those skills didn't translate to the NBA. Bentil better perimeter player at a much younger stage. More of a NBA body, more upside, IMO.
For future reference- I'm definitely trolling if I compare someone to either Jody Meeks or Harangody.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
if brown's shooting improves, he'll be better than a lot of 2s. if it doesn't, he's really a dime a dozen joe schmo wing

i find it hard staying up for the west coast games when it's dark for 19 hours in the dead of winter any more but from the little i've seen he's not as athletic as wiggins or intense/strong as stanley johnson but overall he's somewhere between the two

idea of dunn & simmons playing together is starting to grow on me. they're both so good in the open court

Dunn and Simmons in the open court is just silly. But we have to be realistic and say it wouldn't be as pretty in the halfcourt with their current jumpers. I need 2 really good jump shooters on the court next to these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT