ADVERTISEMENT

NBA draft lottery

When the Christ is Saric going to figure his shit out? Nothing is going to change. He either comes next season under the rookie pay scale or as a restricted free agent under the new CAP the following season for several times more money. Decide and let's move on, son.

Is that true? I thought the sixers retained his rights? If not, he would be a fool to come next year.

So they tanked a bunch of seasons to get guys like Okafor and Embiid and Noel. But those guys aren't what they expected, so they will start trading those "assets" to tank more seasons to get more top draft picks?

This is great.

Not at all. Check for falling coconuts more often.

When the Christ is Saric going to figure his shit out? Nothing is going to change. He either comes next season under the rookie pay scale or as a restricted free agent under the new CAP the following season for several times more money. Decide and let's move on, son.

Saric and his dad have been telling people that he's coming this year. Maybe, they're lying. Who knows? Maybe these sources are embellishing what he's really saying. Just the pundits keep talking about his ability to make more money if he stays another year. And I get that logic, but ultimately the Saric camp is going to do what they want.

Also, not sure the becoming an unrestricted FA thing is accurate. Yes, he'll be a FA free to negotiate a better deal (like Mirotic with Bulls), but I believe the Sixers have exclusive rights in that first year.

Saric and his dad have been telling people that he's coming this year. Maybe, they're lying. Who knows? Maybe these sources are embellishing what he's really saying. Just the pundits keep talking about his ability to make more money if he stays another year. And I get that logic, but ultimately the Saric camp is going to do what they want.

Also, not sure the becoming an unrestricted FA thing is accurate. Yes, he'll be a FA free to negotiate a better deal (like Mirotic with Bulls), but I believe the Sixers have exclusive rights in that first year.
Mea gulpa. You are correct. If he comes in 16: rookie scale, then restricted FA after. If he comes in 17, exclusively negotiates with 76ers (for more $, like Mirotic) and is unrestricted FA at the end of that deal.

Happening now:

At driving range in Main Line-ish area and retired local college/NBA coach next to me. Ask him Simmons or Ingram and he said you're guess is as good as mine. If I had a $1 I'd bet Simmons, but I'd go the other way. I then asked because he's a better shooter to which he replied something sbout him scares me. I asked immature and he said among other things, but it doesn't mean I'm right.

chaney didn't coach in the nba

guokas? lynam? chuck daly?

simmons' value is as a creator with the ball in his hands. okafor's 'value' is in draining the energy from an arena and mankind with the ball in his hands

f--king take simmons and trade okafor

Joanie, trade Okafor for what? Boston obviously wants him but I better get the 3, 16 AND Smart or Bradley. I want all that. Okafor is easily the 3rd player taken in this draft were he in it. At worst.

Happening now:

At driving range in Main Line-ish area and retired local college/NBA coach next to me. Ask him Simmons or Ingram and he said you're guess is as good as mine. If I had a $1 I'd bet Simmons, but I'd go the other way. I then asked because he's a better shooter to which he replied something sbout him scares me. I asked immature and he said among other things, but it doesn't mean I'm right.
How are your Kobes working on on the basketball court?

Man Okafor was defends by burrs hard. Why would they trade him for anything less than an all star

Not really......Pay better attention.

I think ADP is way over the top, but I've been saying for awhile that I would move him for perimeter help. I'm not opposed to trading him, but I want a fair return.

Translation?

There is none. He's trolling again. You're actually more bullish on Okafor than I am.

I just don't agree with the stinks, sucks, or has no value contingency. I think he does have value around the league. He also fetches the most back for the Sixers as of today.

There is none. He's trolling again. You're actually more bullish on Okafor than I am.

I just don't agree with the stinks, sucks, or has no value contingency. I think he does have value around the league. He also fetches the most back for the Sixers as of today.

Okafor has significant value. Boston would trade the third pick today if the 76ers said yes. Not sure I would do it without something else coming back though. You have to make sure you know Embid will be 100% before you move Okafor IMO.

chaney didn't coach in the nba

guokas? lynam? chuck daly?

simmons' value is as a creator with the ball in his hands. okafor's 'value' is in draining the energy from an arena and mankind with the ball in his hands

f--king take simmons and trade okafor
I don't want another Dick Weiss/Lowry45 situation here so let's just say he has a daughter who is into basketball as well.

Reactions: nardibynature2
How are your Kobes working on on the basketball court?
Can't complain, they have worked out well. About a week into using them I did roll my ankle a little, but only because I stepped on another guy's foot. A couple people have complemented me on them too.

Joanie, trade Okafor for what? Boston obviously wants him but I better get the 3, 16 AND Smart or Bradley. I want all that. Okafor is easily the 3rd player taken in this draft were he in it. At worst.

at the very worst. more likely he'd go 1st

the only guy i kind of like at 3 is bender and they're not going to do things like that any more. dunn blows, murray is a 7th man if he hits his ceiling. jaylen brown is a good driver and that's about it. i like ellenson and skal better than any of the american perimeter players. who the f--k is valentine going to guard?

but okafor is poison and foisting him on boston is a bonus. just get rid of him. maybe embiid exists and the next move would be to trade rather than extend noel*, but for f--k's sake just get okafor the f--k out and f--king play basketball with some f--king energy

Last edited:
but personally i think 4/5 random ballscreens in transition with simmons & noel would be pretty f--king difficult to defend

You have to make sure you know Embid will be 100% before you move Okafor IMO.

there is no 100% for embiid until he plays 65+ games for three or four years in a row

if f--king holmes started rebounding he would be more useful than okafor

he's a dead f--king end. who f--king cares that he palms the ball and dribbles between his legs who f--king cares duncan played for 100 years and won 20 rings rebounding, defending, and making the simple, correct f--king basketball play

okafor's ethos is the exact polar f--king opposite and they pay jay bilas to f--king compare the two

bilas insisted okafor was a better prospect than towns. matty masturbated furiously when okafor scored on towns like four times

maybe minnesota would give up towns for okafor

Reactions: adp98
I understand the knocks on Jah. He would be much more useful offensively if he took less time in his post ups. Get the damn ball and just go to work. No facing and palming and waiting. But you can't deny his offensive skills in the post. He pretty much has to be doubled. Surround the dude with some guys who can pass like Simmons and Saric and who actually have to be defended and who knows what you have. The Sixers are going hard after Beal supposedly. Doesn't mean he'll come but clearly they need to add a couple guys in the backcourt who can shoot.

Surround the dude

no. don't do that

there are plenty of dumbass teams that would take okafor over simmons, but simmons is who you surround

his pseudo point guard ability at 6 9ish is an extremely rare thing, and he rebounded his ass off in college and is way faster than magic or odom

some of these dipshits just assume ingram is a way better defender because he has long arms. he doesn't guard shit. simmons can, similarly, be an adequate defender in time at 1-4

okafor doesn't rebound or guard the rim well enough at the 5. they tried him at the 4 and they gave up 130 points a night and it broke noel and if the street fighting didn't do it then it got hink dog axed too

stop with the f--king post moves. stop. it doesn't get you shit. he's like barkley at his fred carter-era worst pounding the ball to draw 3 second violations, minus the rebounding and sporadic intensity

Reactions: NickleDimer
I think Dunn has a chance to be a good pro. I think his game equates to the NBA much more than college. Good size, athletic, fast, sees the floor, I think he'll be able to defend. Outside of Bentil played with ordinary at best guys at PC. He'd be my pick at three. I don't know anything about Bender. I haven't seen him play. Maybe, he's super, but I have no clue.

no. don't do that

there are plenty of dumbass teams that would take okafor over simmons, but simmons is who you surround

his pseudo point guard ability at 6 9ish is an extremely rare thing, and he rebounded his ass off in college and is way faster than magic or odom

some of these dipshits just assume ingram is a way better defender because he has long arms. he doesn't guard shit. simmons can, similarly, be an adequate defender in time at 1-4

okafor doesn't rebound or guard the rim well enough at the 5. they tried him at the 4 and they gave up 130 points a night and it broke noel and if the street fighting didn't do it then it got hink dog axed too

stop with the f--king post moves. stop. it doesn't get you shit. he's like barkley at his fred carter-era worst pounding the ball to draw 3 second violations, minus the rebounding and sporadic intensity

Dude. You're insufferable with this sh*t. Stop talking about the guy like he's a bum. If he was a bum savvy GMs like Ainge wouldn't want him. He wants him because he doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to in the post. He knows Okafor will draw constant double teams. You haven't told me what you should trade Okafor for. Anyone can say "get rid of him". Get rid of him for what? If you're admitting many teams would take him over possible franchise players like Simmons he obviously has good value.

I think Dunn has a chance to be a good pro. I think his game equates to the NBA much more than college. Good size, athletic, fast, sees the floor, I think he'll be able to defend. Outside of Bentil played with ordinary at best guys at PC. He'd be my pick at three. I don't know anything about Bender. I haven't seen him play. Maybe, he's super, but I have no clue.

I like Dunn quite a bit but if Simmons is your facilitating point forward without a jumper you better have guards who can make jumpers. Dunn is everything but a shooter. Murray is a shooter. If both guards aren't good shooters your PF needs to be a stretch 4 who can fill it. Saric is a better shooter than Simmons but not a high level shooter either.

Here's a part of an article I just read..,.

"As 6-10, 240-pound athletes go, Simmons is very fast -- perhaps even elite level -- as a floor sprinter. When playing with guards who can push the pace and pass the way he can, Simmons' effectiveness as a wing finisher will skyrocket. It is easy to get lost in his skill game, but he scores extremely well in just the "raw athlete" category."

Here is the rest of the article. Give it a gander.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/Coach15602825

Here's a part of an article I just read..,.

"As 6-10, 240-pound athletes go, Simmons is very fast -- perhaps even elite level -- as a floor sprinter. When playing with guards who can push the pace and pass the way he can, Simmons' effectiveness as a wing finisher will skyrocket. It is easy to get lost in his skill game, but he scores extremely well in just the "raw athlete" category."

Here is the rest of the article. Give it a gander.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/Coach15602825
Un-managed expectations. I like it!

Reactions: NickleDimer
i don't like smart that much (and see dunn as a destitute man's smart--most significantly without the elite on-ball defense)

i would want bradley & crowder, and some kind of pick exchange--#3 and #16 for #24, #26, and the lakers pick, maybe

again, the most important thing is to move okafor on draft night and move on

Dude. You're insufferable with this sh*t. Stop talking about the guy like he's a bum. If he was a bum savvy GMs like Ainge wouldn't want him. He wants him because he doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to in the post.

ainge took rozier and james young in the same draft and is mormon, right?

none of the teams left really throw the ball into the post, and neither do the spurs or hawks. jordan was the bulls' best post scorer for all six titles with the brief possible exception of bison dele

the thunder are overpaying kanter because they have westbrook and durant and are/were desperate to get over the hump. kanter on an average team is like a gun to your own head. and at least he rebounds

okafor is f--king cotton candy. a shit defender with superficially appealing offense at a position where defense is way more important

i don't like smart that much (and see dunn as a destitute man's smart--most significantly without the elite on-ball defense)

i would want bradley & crowder, and some kind of pick exchange--#3 and #16 for #24, #26, and the lakers pick, maybe

again, the most important thing is to move okafor on draft night and move on

I like Dunn better than you, but I'm not against the rest of this. Hardly.

Personally, I believe they can get more than just the #3 for Okafor. So, if that's a combination of a 16-24 pick swap with one of Bradley/Smart/Crowder, then I'm all in.

I totally agree that waiting to see if Embiid can play is fruitless at this point. Even if he does go ahead and show signs of that in this coming year, it still doesn't really tell you. You just have to take the chance, regardless. Specifically, to capitalize on a time where Okafor's value is at its highest. The longer you wait the better the chance of this value declining in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT