ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Playoffs

Another thread that has literally zero to do with a CoP team devolves into a CoP thread about a really bad team. Shocking. #SSG.

Arak' post had nothing to do with CoP. The last post before that was a week ago. So, you just decide to post this for the hell of it?

By the way, a CoDB'er was the first one to bring up the Sixers. Just thought I mention that....

That is the exception, not the norm. People are so quick to point to instances, but given how often players dunk or pivot, it doesn't take away from the game.

Last game Steph Curry was called for a travel for switching his pivot.

Kevin Love remembered.

Bulls have a serious shot to take down the Cavs now....if they can close out the Bucks.

Clippers-Spurs series was fantastic. What a game by Chris Paul. That foul on Duncan was BS though.

Predictions:

Warriors sweep Grizzlies
Rockets in 7 over Clippers

Hawks in 7 over Wizards
Bulls in 7 over Cavs

as long as its Rockets Warriors in the conf finals im happy. i dont think Cleveland can beat the Bulls without Love. if Rose stays healthy the bulls should win. too much size inside.

i love the Wizards. they have a nice team and a fun set of guards.

It ain't gonna be Rockets-Warriors. You don't beat good teams when Pablo Prigioni is your PG and no one on your team plays any defense.

a shame about Chris Paul but they still won game 1. Austin Rivers is benefiting from nepotism. he had 17 last night but he looks overwhelmed out there.

warriors in 4
rockets in 7

bulls in 6
hawks in 7

The Rockets popped the bed last night. You can't lose at home, with Paul out, and LA coming off that 7-gm series with SA. Just a dreadful, dreadful loss.

Houston stinks. Can't see them beating LA with the sort of defense they (don't) play. As long as Paul can return soon, Clippers will get through to see GSW methinks.

LeBron congratulated Curry on the well deserved MVP, Harden did not.

i promise this will be the something or nothing topic on PTI.

Curry was clearly the best player on the best team.

Blake Griffin will never get the credit he deserves. Last night he was amazing. Guy played point forward for the bulk of the game. Guy was a stud.

Griffin has been unreal throughout the playoffs. Putting up historic numbers.

Blake Griffin will never get the credit he deserves. Last night he was amazing. Guy played point forward for the bulk of the game. Guy was a stud.
This post screams, I haven't watched any NBA this season. I would be willing to bet you didn't even watch 1 second of the game last night. You just saw a headline on ESPN.com and checked the box score and want to sound like you are in the know. Classic adp.

Really? I watched the entire game. Go watch the tape. Guy was bringing the ball up entire 2nd half. You're an idiot

Really? I watched the entire game. Go watch the tape. Guy was bringing the ball up entire 2nd half. You're an idiot
No no. I am not saying he was not brilliant - he was. But talking about how he gets no credit is idiotic. He was 3rd in MVP voting last year and top 10 this year. The only people that think he gets no credit as the same ones that think he is just an athletic guy who can dunk. He has become a complete player and one of the best in the league.

h/t t you for watching the game, I just assumed you were talking out of your ass as per usual.

I don't post $hit out my a$$. The guy initiated the offense the entire 2nd half. Frankly, it was amazing to me as I had never seen that skill set from the guy. Everyone knows he can rebound and dunk. He also added a jumper. However, he was literally the guy running the offense. It was incredibly impressive. Regardless, completely offensive to say, "typical adp, didn't watch the game and wants to be knowledgeable etc...it's the first playoff game I've even commented on.

ADP, Griffin averaged 7.4 apg and two triple-doubles in the SA series, too.

ADP, Griffin averaged 7.4 apg and two triple-doubles in the SA series, too.
I saw that. However, I didn't watch a second of that series so I didn't comment on it. Guy has taken his game to next level. Did anyone expect the Clippers to win game 7 vs. the Spurs? I sure as heck didn't.

The Clippers were 3pt faves in game 7 so someone expected it.

I picked the Spurs to win that series in 6. Before it started I said I didn't think SA could win a game 7 in LA. Prior to have 7 my buddy asked me what I thought. I told him what I just stated above and said I thought LAC would pull one out. I was pulling for SA, tho.

You need to remember LAC ended the season by winning 14 of 15. In my mind they were one of three teams that could win west.

I picked the Spurs to win that series in 6. Before it started I said I didn't think SA could win a game 7 in LA. Prior to have 7 my buddy asked me what I thought. I told him what I just stated above and said I thought LAC would pull one out. I was pulling for SA, tho.

You need to remember LAC ended the season by winning 14 of 15. In my mind they were one of three teams that could win west.
I didn't follow it. It's quite sad, I haven't watched any of the NHL playoff games and last night was the first full NBA playoff game. Getting old and being too busy sucks.

Golden State might be on another level right now. Not sure they get seriously challenged. It just has that feel.

Welcome back Mike Conley. Your team absolutely stinks without you.

hard to say you like basketball and not at least be appreciative of the Spurs and how they play, but it has to be good for the league to see new teams emerge here. GS and LAC have the star power assume the mantle for the league, and to see players like John Wall advance is great as well. Enjoying it a lot.

I watch some of each game last night and enjoyed the hell out of it. People that like hoops, but don't like the NBA are crazy.
Obviously a lot of the NBA bashing stems from its overly long, overly lax regular season, but I will say that anyone who doesnt appreciate the superior athletes in the NBA and playoff hoops in general is a jagoff.

hard to say you like basketball and not at least be appreciative of the Spurs and how they play, but it has to be good for the league to see new teams emerge here. GS and LAC have the star power assume the mantle for the league, and to see players like John Wall advance is great as well. Enjoying it a lot.

This is fair. I was still pulling for them because I like the way they play so much.

Obviously a lot of the NBA bashing stems from its overly long, overly lax regular season, but I will say that anyone who doesnt appreciate the superior athletes in the NBA and playoff hoops in general is a jagoff.

Not a totally unfair comment, but the issue I have with it is that you can pretty much say that about all the pro leagues. Except a once a week, 16-game NFL league.

If there is any merit to the "overly long and lax" argument, it stems from there just not being enough talent to field 30 teams. That results in less talented players' crappy play looking lax and teams intentionally stocking up on those crappy players because the heightened dependence on draft position leads to tanking.

Both the NHL and the NBA seasons are too long. There are just games where teams dont show up for both sports. Hockey players have a reputation as being warriors so they get a free pass when they mail in a game. NBA players have a repuatation of being spoiled loafers that do not care about defense, so they catch much more flak when they mail it in.

The NBA playoffs are incredible. However, if you go to a regular season game in 75% of the venues they are stale. Contrast that with a hockey game it's night and day. For extended periods of a regular season NBA game you can hear a pin drop in the arena. Regular season is about 10 games too long and it's not just the number of games but fact the schedule is so compressed. So they compress the regular season, 82 games, and then spread out the post-season. It's completely silly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT