ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

adp98

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2005
Let's see what happens. Is Chip Kelly going to get Mariota? What will the cost be if someone moves up (not 3, 1's as Mariota isn't fetching that much). Which city will splash the most keyboards? Will the Steelers please draft a DB in round 1? Let's hear some predictions.

Reactions: kjbert
First prediction: my initial prediction of Mariota sliding past 6 is wrong. Dmil, one for you.

Mariota for Eagles 1 this year. A 1 and 2 next year. Plus fletcher Cox and some other jabroni.

Eagles then flip Bradford for a 2 or 3.

Gdog dumps gallon of semen on his iPad. CoPers celebrate winning the off season while being trolled by CoDBers calling it a terrible move.

At some point in thread adp and Dmil start a side debate on off shore drilling taxes and government subsidies that bores everyone to death. Naturually each claims to know more about the subject because of course they do.

That might be your first funny post. Cap tip

Mariota for Eagles 1 this year. A 1 and 2 next year. Plus fletcher Cox and some other jabroni.

Gdog dumps gallon of semen on his iPad. CoPers celebrate winning the off season while being trolled by CoDBers calling it a terrible move.

At some point in thread adp and Dmil start a side debate on off shore drilling taxes and government subsidies that bores everyone to death. Naturually each claims to know more about the subject because of course they do.

Reactions: kjbert and CWertz

First, if you have been paying attention at all, no Eagles off season involving the movement of Cox will include gdog's keyboard needing clean up. Maybe repair from smashing, but no clean up.

Rest of the post is fair.

Reactions: CWertz
ADP, a trade for MM will cost what? Let me hear this.

Also, I'll take some of that cap tip for being in same camp as Dmil all along.

Great question. I see two number 1's and a player. Which has been my position all along. Maybe more likely he stays put? It will be interesting. If anyone offer's 3, 1's; they will get him. Don't see that happening.
I'd like to hear this as well. Especially now that CLE is involved.

My hope is that the Beagles draft Marietta.......and then he tears his ACL getting measured for his uniform......:p.........they have already traded Bradford AND Sanchez........so, the media can't write about it every day 'til the season starts......Eagles lose their first six games......:D

If the Browns end up with Marriota, would the eagles be interested in johnny football

No, not under any circumstances I can see. Johnny is not a NFL QB, which was apparent to most teams from the outset. And Chip likes bigger QBs all things being equal. I think he'd rather just experiment with Tebow.

On MM and the Birds, I really think it's going to go down the wire. No idea if they get him or not.

If MM can be had for this year's 1 and next year's 1 and 2, though (really not sure that would do it), Chip pulls the trigger.

I think this is all smokescreen anyhow to camo who Kelly really wants. I could see him trading up to get one of the top WR's or dropping back a few spots.

Great question. I see two number 1's and a player. Which has been my position all along. Maybe more likely he stays put? It will be interesting. If anyone offer's 3, 1's; they will get him. Don't see that happening.

So, if they were to trade Bradford to CLV for one of their picks, then package that with their 20th, plus say M. Kendricks, then that gets it done?

I think it takes more than that, but I do that deal.

I prefer not to lose Cox.

if Kendricks is really available, I'd offer MIA's 2nd rounder for him. I love his game.

if Kendricks is really available, I'd offer MIA's 2nd rounder for him. I love his game.
Burrs I wouldn't trade Cox for Mariota S/U. They would be nuts to trade Cox, nuts. I simply do not believe he's available or has been at any point.

Not sure about Cox not being available, but I hope you're right. However, I would trade him straight up for MM. If you believe he's a franchise QB then you do that deal 100 out of 100 times. Coz is pretty good, but I'm not sure he's elite. That could come, tho.

When you consider just how many excellent players have come out of the NFL draft in rounds 2,3,4 etc - saying any one draft is a 10 player draft is probably the stupidest comment anyone could make about ANY NFL draft. You know there will be good players buried in this draft, because there always are good players buried in the NFL draft.

When you consider just how many excellent players have come out of the NFL draft in rounds 2,3,4 etc - saying any one draft is a 10 player draft is probably the stupidest comment anyone could make about ANY NFL draft. You know there will be good players buried in this draft, because there always are good players buried in the NFL draft.
Over here.

Sal Pal saying that Tenn is adamant that they want three 1st RD picks sand one of them inside the top 15 this year. Will they budge off of that as the witching hour draws closer? Will Chip say eff it?

I can see the Eagles pulling the trigger. They have the assets, and they have high interest. I think it will seem steep, but if you think MM to be what Chip Kelly thinks he is, then it's not - I am with burrs on that one. It could mean Cox though.

Reports that Eagles are now calling TB. I don't see the Bucs moving. They want/need a QB, which is probably Winston.

some of these rumored deals for the Titans from Philly are so stupid. if Tennessee doesnt accept, they are idiots (assuming they are true)

All smoke. Draft will go chalk. No trades. Eagles will over reach at 20 and take guy everyone else had going in 3rd round.

some of these rumored deals for the Titans from Philly are so stupid. if Tennessee doesnt accept, they are idiots (assuming they are true)

Titans would have had three additional starters on defense with one being an All Pro and another a near one. Then, two first round picks and two third round picks. Wow. They had better pray that MM is a franchise QB in their offense.

Titans would have had three additional starters on defense with one being an All Pro and another a near one. Then, two first round picks and two third round picks. Wow. They had better pray that MM is a franchise QB in their offense.

As I've had time to think about it there is no way Kelly offered all that.

Seemed like the way the picks went, once the 3rd OT was gone and the 1st DB, Fish almost had to go WR. I was kind of torn over Parker or Perriman. Parker is by far the more polished receiver which I guess is good for this season. Possible that the Eagles are looking at Perriman.

love Miami getting Parker. hes been my realistic target all along.

Agholor is a good pick for the Eagles. his game is similar to Maclin and he can return kicks

Yeah I like the (Dolphins) pick too. Some thought they might trade up to get him so sitting there and getting him (+he was at the top of the board) is a nice change of pace compared to the former regime. Guess it didn't make sense for Kelly to want Perriman. Yes, Agholor more like Maclin and fits better. Perriman could end up being a beast but concentration issues and not really a great route runner probably meant Kelly was not interested.

Yeah I like the (Dolphins) pick too. Some thought they might trade up to get him so sitting there and getting him (+he was at the top of the board) is a nice change of pace compared to the former regime. Guess it didn't make sense for Kelly to want Perriman. Yes, Agholor more like Maclin and fits better. Perriman could end up being a beast but concentration issues and not really a great route runner probably meant Kelly was not interested.

Parker is a great pick for Miami.

Nelson Agholor is a very good pick for the Birds. He will start right away and make an impact at a needed position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT