ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Offseason

Originally posted by bmoneynova:

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

Murray in the nest; 5-yr 42-mil (21 guarteed). Evan Mathis possibly on trading block.
I think that contract is not good but when you consider they basically swapped Murray for Mccoy and got Kiko as a throw in, I think its a win IMO.
Foles, McCoy, Maclin and picks for Bradford and Murray and Kiko. Upgrade at RB and QB on sheer talent, as long as each guy stays healthy. Both have had their problems do that obviously. But they are better than Foles and McCoy when they do play.

I think Maclin's production is pretty replaceable as well.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:

Murray in the nest; 5-yr 42-mil (21 guarteed). Evan Mathis possibly on trading block.
I think that contract is not good but when you consider they basically swapped Murray for Mccoy and got Kiko as a throw in, I think its a win IMO.
Foles, McCoy, Maclin and picks for Bradford and Murray and Kiko. Upgrade at RB and QB on sheer talent, as long as each guy stays healthy. Both have had their problems do that obviously. But they are better than Foles and McCoy when they do play.

Not sure if Murray is more talented than McCoy.

Eagles now apparently trying to trade Evan Mathis. Miami is the expected destination based on what I'm seeing.

This offseason is insane. Never seen anything like it. Probably never will again.

Mathis is getting old but he's still good. Better get a good pick for him...or a WR.

Originally posted by NorCalVU10:

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:

Not sure if Murray is more talented than McCoy.
Different types of talent. If Murray stays on the field, then his style of running fits this system better. I'm assuming they pulled the offer from Matthews, but I haven't seen anything yet. I think you can spell Murray with Sproles and Polk and get good production. I really like Polk as a runner. Needs to avoid nagging injuries, but he runs really hard and has more speed than people think.

Originally posted by gldendog:
This offseason is insane. Never seen anything like it. Probably never will again.

Mathis is getting old but he's still good. Better get a good pick for him...or a WR.
Ultimately, Chip Kelly might not be successful, but his moves this offseason might change the way things are done in the NFL. Of course, if they work out. Specifically, player for player trades. The Eagles made two of them in ten days. That's pretty rare.

This is just unbelievable! I have never seen anything like what Kelly has done. I have no idea if it will work but the Eagles are already better on defense with just the safety position to make it complete. The offense now has just as good or better running game. Now, you have to address receiver in free agency and/or the draft.

I guess you can debate it, and I am taking nothing away form McCoy, but all things equal (i.e both players at full health) I am taking Demarco Murray and I am not sure I am alone there. This is an upgrade IMO.

Now, do I think the Eagles are better? I'm not sure. They're different, that's for sure.

I am 10000% taking McCoy. Murray had one good year after being Mr. Glass forever and still only putting up ok numbers. He ran behind the best line in football. Just look at how big a difference there was in McCoy from early season last year to when his guys started coming back. Very glad the Cowboys didn't resign Murray (partly because of cap reasons) because I can't think all those carries were good for him last year. Enjoy the leftovers!!!

I love McCoy but he had 78 carries last year that loss yardage. 78!

I don't know Murray's exact number of losses but I guarantee it is much less than 78. Chip wants you to hit that hole fast and get the yardage. Can you imagine how angry he was that he had so many 2nd and longs? That kills his offense more than anything because three and outs are his worst nightmare.

Selmore. You sound like a jaded Cowboys douche.

Murray fits Eagles scheme better than McCoy. He's a one cut north south runner who takes what is available.

And they turned McCoy into a very good young LB - Alonso.

I love how Murray gets discredited for running behind "the best line in football" yet Mccoy doesn't get discredited for running behind an elite OL.

I'll bet anyone on here that he puts up less yards than McCoy did last year. Who wants in?

Originally posted by selmore1:
I'll bet anyone on here that he puts up less yards than McCoy did last year. Who wants in?
If Murray has 1200 yards and 10 TD's he had a significantly better year than McCoy did last year. He could rush for 1100 yards and 10 TD's and I'd still argue he had a better season than McCoy last year.

Yards are not the only reason why the eagles got him.

Not much of a stretch because his carries will be well down next season. The Eagles with Matthews, Sproles and Polk and whoever else will not run him close to his carries of last year. Dallas ran him a ridiculous amount of time which clearly shows how valuable he was to them and especially to Romo.
This post was edited on 3/12 4:44 PM by matty17

Before last year it wasn't an argument but McCoy regressed badly in 2014 (4.2 ypc) and Murray won the rushing title by almost 500 yards (4.7 ypc). Murray also excelled as a receiver with a 7 ypr average while McCoy regressed in that phase as well.

Ok so no takers. I understand there are other measures of efficiency, but there's still baseline production. Figured everyone would p*ssy out.

Ryan Mathews also officially an Eagle.

We are gonna see some truly bizarre formations this yr with these 2 and Sproles.

Ok so no takers. I understand there are other measures of efficiency, but there's still baseline production. Figured everyone would p*ssy out.
What's the wager? You offering to see if Murray has more than 1200 yards in 2015? If he's healthy he'll surpass McCoy's numbers. Big if as he's missed a bunch of games over the course of his career.

Ok, just saw it to confirm. Name the stakes. I'm in.

Same hundred as usual. And then we can add our own little twist gift in at the end if you'd like.

2014 yards from scrimmage:

McCoy - 1319 rush, 155 receiving, 1474 total
Murray - 1845 rush, 416 receiving, 2261 total

On paper it looks like a good bet. But selmore knows that RBs with 400 carries in a season (Murray: 392 last year) extremely often get injured the following year for siginificant time.
This post was edited on 3/12 10:05 PM by TheDean

They also have a back field with two other running backs, and we all saw what sproles can do in Chip's offense. The bet proves nothing other then to appease a bitter Cowboys fan...rushing for less yards in Chips offense vs Greg Roman's means nothing.

Is their anything more pathetic then the Jets trying to "get the band back together" with a significantly worse QB. This screams we care more about putting butts in the seat than winning a super bowl.

Kenny Stills traded to Dolphins. Not sure what the Saints are thinking here...

Mike Wallace on the move now I'm guessing.

Originally posted by gldendog:
Kenny Stills traded to Dolphins. Not sure what the Saints are thinking here...

Mike Wallace on the move now I'm guessing.
AND we shedded Ellerbe's ridiculous contract in the process. He was going to be a June 1st cut so I love it.

Mike Wallace traded to Minnesota for a 5th rounder

I saw this move coming once Miami quit on the team at the end of the season, but I hoped we could've gotten at least a LITTLE more

10 days ago Miami had the most expensive WR corps in the NFL. Now, they probably have the cheapest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT