ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Offseason

ND's comments seem to be on point. There will be no middle ground.

John Clayton said today that they were never in on MM because he wasn't getting past WAS at #5.

Eagles bringing in Ryan Matthews and will probably sign him. Another talent who can't stay healthy.

I'm still not sure why a guy coming off two ACL and due 13 million was worth giving up that pick they game up. It should have been the other way around.

i'm convinced that chip kelly works for either the cowboys or the giants with his dismantling of the team at the moment

What I dont understand about it is that I didn't bradford would be even worth a 4th at this point. Let alone a future 2nd and foles, who I think is better than him and would be a terrible trade trade up. It makes zero sense no matter how you look at it.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:
This is exciting. Either going to be fun to watch this team come together or it's going to be the biggest coach bashing disaster in the history of organized sports.
Originally posted by adp98:
Didn't
the Birds QB coach have Bradford in St. Louis? Evidently he loves
Bradford. The guy has a cannon so maybe they think he just needs to be
in the right system. It's certainly not dull. I'll give Chipper that
much. A lot more exciting than watching the capped out Steelers cut
everyone.

Two very good posts. Boomer this am said that he can see a trade with NYJ for Bradford and picks if Mariota is at 6. I also heard that Nick Foles has told people he is absolutely thrilled to be out of CoP and away from Kelly. No reason given.

Eagles are basically the epicenter of the off season right now. It is absolutely fascinating. I think Colts and Seahawks have done pretty well here.

Sal Paolantoni on right now, you can tell he's completely mystified by the moves. Maybe DeMarco coming to Philly as well?

We now have the most exciting pair of Matthews' in Philly since....

Eric-Matthews-eric-matthews-5321705-405-286.jpg

Roger Goodell probably just sent Chip a new Ferrari. The goal is to keep thi$ league in the new$ 24/7/365 any way possible. This string of unexpected moves is a full week of publicity. Not easy to do that without killing someone or injuring a child.

I said last night that the back of the Daily News should have featured Ruben Amaro lounging on a beach chair, sipping a fruity drink, and with the caption, "Thanks, Chip!"

there has to be another move coming, if they cut bradford or trade him they save $13M on the cap. they have to have something else up their sleeve with this move. you cant sell a city Bradford and Sanchez as the QBs.

They're not going to cut a guy after just trading Foles and two picks. Small, small chance he is used towards another move. That narrative has been conveyed by some of the talking heads, but most of them seem to think that Bradford is Chip's guy right now.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
They're not going to cut a guy after just trading Foles and two picks. Small, small chance he is used towards another move. That narrative has been conveyed by some of the talking heads, but most of them seem to think that Bradford is Chip's guy right now.
Get use to seeing this.

bradford1.jpg

Everyone is reporting that Bradford was Kelly's target and they won't or can't trade for MM. I now can see them drafting a WR in the first round.

Kill me if I'm wrong for it, but this is who Chip wants as his starting qb. If there was a play to be made to get higher/more picks for Bradford the Rams would have done it. IMO, this is one of the worst trades, on its face, that I can remember in the last 10 years in the league. They gave up a better player for a worse, injured player and gave up more valuable picks that could escalate into much more valuable. I'll say again, I would honestly be pissed if my team gave up just a 3rd-4th rounder for Bradford. If I also gave up a potential 2nd and my qb who lead me to the playoffs 2 years ago and was well on his way this year, I don't even know what I'd do.

It's funny, remember when the trade first happened people that thought that it was reasonable that a first round pick swap was included and/or they were getting a 2nd round pick. Even went as far as saying that with only the 2nd rounder and not a 1st round swap the deal made no sense. Well it turns out there's no swap and they gave up the 2nd rounder. Just think on that. I won't even begin to understand this deal as Bradford gets introduced this afternoon.

It's ugly. It's real ugly. Coach took over a team bursting with talent on offense and completely flushed the whole thing.

It seems like it took Andy Reind about a decade to generate this kind of ire from the fanbase. Chip Kelly did so in the span of a week.

Up-tempo baby!

When he is healthy, Bradford can play. Everything else aside, which i understand is not easy at the moment, but if he is healthy, he can play. Same is true about Ryan Matthews, although any fantasy owner will tell you he will rip your lungs out. Yes, i am more confused about McCoy now, and understand Maclin even less than i did on Monday, but FA and the draft are not over yet.

Heard someone say that Kelly deems his system "Quarterback Proof". Interesting idea in 2015.

Don't really get all the Bradford can play stuff. Yea, he can be extremely mediocre I guess. The guy has never had a QBR over 50 and that doesn't even count his injuries. Foles is better by pretty much every single metric out there. And on 2 torn ACL's it's not like Bradford is going to be running around. So what if the system is QB proof? They just traded more picks and a better player for a worse, MUCH more expensive qb. There is no way one other team in the league would even offer 1/2 of what Kelly offered for Bradford. Absolutely insane and he destroyed the best offense in the league.

Edit: I would have loved to be in the Rams GM office when this offer came through or when it was officially accepted. They must have literally been jumping for joy.
This post was edited on 3/11 12:51 PM by selmore1

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
When he is healthy, Bradford can play. Everything else aside, which i understand is not easy at the moment, but if he is healthy, he can play. Same is true about Ryan Matthews, although any fantasy owner will tell you he will rip your lungs out. Yes, i am more confused about McCoy now, and understand Maclin even less than i did on Monday, but FA and the draft are not over yet.

Heard someone say that Kelly deems his system "Quarterback Proof". Interesting idea in 2015.
If that were the case, then he would have kept Foles or started Sanchez and not picked up a QB making $12 million a year.

This post was edited on 3/11 12:51 PM by CWertz

Originally posted by selmore1:
Kill me if I'm wrong for it, but this is who Chip wants as his starting qb. If there was a play to be made to get higher/more picks for Bradford the Rams would have done it. IMO, this is one of the worst trades, on its face, that I can remember in the last 10 years in the league. They gave up a better player for a worse, injured player and gave up more valuable picks that could escalate into much more valuable. I'll say again, I would honestly be pissed if my team gave up just a 3rd-4th rounder for Bradford. If I also gave up a potential 2nd and my qb who lead me to the playoffs 2 years ago and was well on his way this year, I don't even know what I'd do.

It's funny, remember when the trade first happened people that thought that it was reasonable that a first round pick swap was included and/or they were getting a 2nd round pick. Even went as far as saying that with only the 2nd rounder and not a 1st round swap the deal made no sense. Well it turns out there's no swap and they gave up the 2nd rounder. Just think on that. I won't even begin to understand this deal as Bradford gets introduced this afternoon.
Which team's front office do you work for?

so Desean Jackson, Foles and McCoy all gone in a span of two winning years. the three best players on the team.

Foles 14-4 as a starter. McCoy 1600 and 1200 yds the last two years. Deseasn a play making machine both on offense and special teams. and who did we get back for those three, just Sam Bradford. so they basically traded all three for Sam Bradford. hilarious.

this is hard to believe. somewhere Howie Roseman is laughing. Lurie needs to be held to the fire, he gave this ego maniac Chip the GM role after his 2nd year. crazy.

No front office, doesn't mean I can't still be mad if they were to give up just 3rd rounder for him. The Rams were just as likely to cut the guy as keep him this offseason. That should really tell you all you need to know. Please give me an explanation of why this is a good deal or even makes sense. Please, just 1 person.

Not an Eagles fan but I don't think this is the worst deal or anything close to it. If you can forget the fact that Bradford has had bad luck with injuries, he is still FAR more talented than Foles and has put up decent numbers on a Rams team that most recently has had Zac Stacy, Jared Cook and Tayvon Austin as its primary offensive weapons. He was good enough to win NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2010 throwing to Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson, along with Steven Jackson's 3.8 ypc.

Bradford is a former Heisman winner and overall #1 draft pick. He has thrown for over 3,500 yards in the two full years he's been able to play and has a 2.05 TD/INT ratio in his last two seasons of play. Foles put up an unheard of 27/2 TD/INT ratio in 2013 but then regressed badly last year, throwing 8 picks in his final 5 games. He was expendable.

I'm actually really excited for when this is Philly's only move and Eagles fans have to start rationalizing the deal and throwing out random Bradford stats to support it. It's going to be a great time to be a rival teams fanbase.

No front office, doesn't mean I can't still be mad if they were to give up just 3rd rounder for him. The Rams were just as likely to cut the guy as keep him this offseason. That should really tell you all you need to know. Please give me an explanation of why this is a good deal or even makes sense. Please, just 1 person.
What paper or website do you write for? Who are you sources that he was going to be released? Not saying it was or wasn't a good trade, but you are talking out of you ass. You are just a fan giving your opinion on the move and you pretty much have 0 credibility (as does any fan) when it comes to talent evaluation.

Also, from everything I saw from guys in the know (Peter King etc) there were numerous teams in on Bradford. So again, you are talking out of your ass when you say he was going to be cut.

This post was edited on 3/11 1:29 PM by NovaHoops2002

I'm actually really excited for when this is Philly's only move and Eagles fans have to start rationalizing the deal and throwing out random Bradford stats to support it. It's going to be a great time to be a rival teams fanbase.
How has being a Cowboys fan worked out for you the past 20 years? What was it like growing up in Dallas?

Chip kelly addressing the media....

"MM is the best QB in the draft, but we will never mortgage our future to move up. Sam and Mark are our QBs."

"The owner wanted me to have personnel control; I didn't ask for it."

"I get along great with Howie." --- Ha ha ha

Chip --- "We were offered a 1st Rd pick this morning for Bradford."

Now he's just fukking with us.

"Sam was not brought here to be a chip. I'm the only Chip here." ha ha

Says he didn't have final say on last two drafts and now he does.

Not going to go searching around but Bill Barnwell and others had talked about cutting Bradford. And yea, no kidding it's a fan analysis, that's literally what this entire message board is. But my eyes have watched both and I have looked at the numbers and Foles looked superior. A team was willing to get Bradford for a first rounder in 2012, so 2 fresh ACL's ago. Believe Chip all you want after her got MURDERED in the press. Definitely not trying to cover his as* after making the move, no way. Lap of Bradford all you want, you got hosed. And being a Cowbooys fan the last 20 years has been pretty fun, last year was nice. Not exactly sure what that has to do with anything but I've enjoyed the up and down natures of the year. We were supposed to be in last this past year so I was pleasantly surprised.

Originally posted by TheDean:

If you can forget the fact that Bradford has had bad luck with injuries,
I don't know how you can just "forget" something like this. It's a huge factor of the player that Bradford is, the guy gets injured all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT