ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Offseason

So, Ryan Matthews is on a plane on his way to CoP to sign a 3-yr, 11.5 million dollar deal. Meanwhile, there are dudes, including Scheffer, reporting that the Eagles are still interested in D. Murray and things are heating up.

I guess the murray side is trying to get more out of Dallas.

Or the Eagles have absolutely no clue what they are doing and are trying to sign both.

Dallas wont let Murray go and Murray doesnt want to go. he just wants more money.

its all on Chip now. if the team does not succeed this year he is in trouble. he came in and blew up a competitive team that just needed some additions and not major subtractions. time will tell.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Chip kelly addressing the media....

"MM is the best QB in the draft, but we will never mortgage our future to move up. Sam and Mark are our QBs."

"The owner wanted me to have personnel control; I didn't ask for it."

"I get along great with Howie." --- Ha ha ha
Most entertaining Eagles coach since Buddy Ryan, father of Sexy Rexy.

Boy, would I love to know what team offered a first round pick for Bradford. Probably a team in the 20's but hey I would do it today!

I am half joking of course because Chip sounded like a guy who thinks he got his QB. This is really tough to figure out.

BTW, any chance Mariotta becomes another Rogers and drops on draft day? I know, not likely.

Bradford will collide with Mathews on the first snap of the year, shattering both their ACL's in the process. Can't wait.

Cowboys' fans really shouldn't quesion other teams when it comes to knowing what they're doing. At least post-jimmy Johnson era....Just saying.

Originally posted by gldendog:
Bradford will collide with Mathews on the first snap of the year, shattering both their ACL's in the process. Can't wait.
This made me laugh.

Cowboys' fans really shouldn't quesion other teams when it comes to knowing what they're doing. At least post-jimmy Johnson era....Just saying.
No way, selmore's got eyes. He knows what he sees!

Matty, if that comment was on fact true, then it was probably CLV's second 1st-Rd'er (19th).

No one knew this press conference was even coming. He just showed up and started taking questions before Brandon Graham was scheduled to speak.

This cat is really hard figure out. A small part of me still think he is up to something else. I guess at this point you can't put anything past him.

HOW does Mathews NOT end the pursuit of Murray?! This makes no sense.

"Landing R. Matthews does not end Philadelphia's pursuit of Dallas FA RB D. Murray. Hardly" - A. Scheffer

simply passing along what i read from a dude pretty tapped in.

"Landing R. Matthews does not end Philadelphia's pursuit of Dallas FA RB D. Murray. Hardly" - A. Scheffer

simply passing along what i read from a dude pretty tapped in.
Adam Caplan saying the same thing.

Burrs, if your solid guess of #19 is accurate, that is a pretty good offer IMO.

Murray will cost at least 7M a year. Matthews getting almost 4M. That's 11M at RB when you had f'n McCoy already at much less than that.

My head hurts bad.

Arak so who do you think is better, Bradford or Foles? And how does my fandom in anyway impact my ability to judge moves that another team makes? I've hated a ton of the moves the Boys have made, like trading up for Claiborne but there's nothing I can do about it. That argument makes zero sense.

Originally posted by selmore1:
Arak so who do you think is better, Bradford or Foles? And how does my fandom in anyway impact my ability to judge moves that another team makes? I've hated a ton of the moves the Boys have made, like trading up for Claiborne but there's nothing I can do about it. That argument makes zero sense.
All things being equal, Bradford. Foles was not good last year. Missed way too many throws, made terrible decisions, and had happy feet. Foles was great 2 years ago, no doubting that, and Bradford is injured - I don't 100% agree with the trade as is because the Eagles had to give up picks as well. Let's see if this is part of another move or if they will go into the season with Bradford as the starter. But I will trust Chip Kelly and his talent evaluation as it relates to picking guys he wants to run his offense.

This post was edited on 3/11 3:58 PM by NovaHoops2002

Originally posted by Chimpat:
Originally posted by TheDean:

If you can forget the fact that Bradford has had bad luck with injuries,
I don't know how you can just "forget" something like this. It's a huge factor of the player that Bradford is, the guy gets injured all the time.
Yeah injuries happen but Bradford has also played a full 16-game schedule twice in 5 years. Two ACL injuries to the same knee is an anomaly.

I think Bradford probably has a better skill set and at least has a pedigree (though that part of it has to expire eventually). But with that said, when you factor in the injuries (Though Foles also has been hurt twice) and his less than stellar performance to date, then I think they gave up too much for him. Best case scenario is that he's little better than Foles for a year or two.

i heard a stat

Braford

5 years 16 games per year = 80 games, started 49. missed 31 with injury. that is not good. i cant see him as an upgrade from Foles.

Murray will cost at least 7M a year. Matthews getting almost 4M. That's 11M at RB when you had f'n McCoy already at much less than that.

My head hurts bad.
Wasn't McCoy due 11.95M in 2015? Is that less than 11M?
Two pro bowl RBs for the price of one, with a promising LB thrown in seems decent enough.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

My head hurts bad.
Wasn't McCoy due 11.95M in 2015? Is that less than 11M?
Two pro bowl RBs for the price of one, with a promising LB thrown in seems decent enough.
My understanding. Does Murray fit is the question?

Adp, what do you mean does he fit? As I his style of running? I think so. He's a downhill runner.

Yes. I would think so as well. However, who then goes? Polk?

Murray and Bradford were roommates at OU.

Maybe just maybe bringing in Bradford was a ploy to entice DeMarco aboard.

We'll see.

gdog, you don't believe that right? That is an insane stance. The whole play for Bradford was to have him as the starting qb of the Philadelphia Eagles this year.

Demarco Murray is flying into the CoP tomorrow to meet with Eagles. Per Scheffer.

Wow. This is getting serious. The bottom line: You don't let him leave NovaCare without a contract. If he does, then its just a ploy to get the Cowboys to step up.
This post was edited on 3/11 10:51 PM by matty17

Schefter says Murray is likely signing today with Philadelphia

apparently Ryan Mathews has also NOT signed yet.

Tedy Bruschi, Mark Schlereth and Ryan Clark react to the news that RB DeMarco Murray personally reached out to Eagles coach Chip Kelly and expressed his desire to play in Kelly's offense and with former Oklahoma roommate and quarterback Sam Bradford.

"Absolutely. I've been trying my hardest," Bradford said Wednesday of trying to recruit Murray. "I've called him. I've texted him. I've done everything. We've been in communication. If we can somehow land him, it would be a great pickup. Not only is he a great player, he's a great person. He's a really close friend of mine, too. I think he can really help this ball club."
This post was edited on 3/12 9:18 AM by TheDean

Originally posted by NickleDimer:
Does anyone here think that a Foles/McCoy/DJackson team is a championship contender?
This is really the bottom line here, and any Eagles fan that really understands football, and the reasons why the Birds have never won a SB, knows this. You weren't going to win a Super Bowl with Nick Foles in this offense (or probably any offense), unless you have a historically good defense, which the Eagles are absolutely nowhere close to having. So Chipper is trying to build something that he thinks could do that, albeit perhaps too hastily.

Foles' limitations have been well covered here. He couldn't make all the throws and Chip had seen enough. He was in the last year of his deal, had shown enough to get another shot starting somewhere at least one more time so not even viable as a long term backup today and was expendable.

That said, agree that the price for Bradford when considering we had to throw in a 2nd was very high, and by waiting have to think you could've done much better.

Chip does not seem to be a patient man and that may be his biggest flaw. Shades of Sam Hinkie in these moves, but without the ultra-long term view (which in fairness it's much harder to have in the NFL vs NBA given average career lengths).

at least Chip's moves see the field right away. Hinke drafts guys that dont play for the first year and Sarik in the 3rd year since being drafted.

with Chip its now or never , with Hinke its more like never.

Originally posted by novabball2:
at least Chip's moves see the field right away. Hinke drafts guys that dont play for the first year and Sarik in the 3rd year since being drafted.

with Chip its now or never , with Hinke its more like never.
Yea, because comparing the two sports is apples to apples. Geez...

Murray in the nest; 5-yr 42-mil (21 guarteed). Evan Mathis possibly on trading block.

Murray in the nest; 5-yr 42-mil (21 guarteed). Evan Mathis possibly on trading block.
I think that contract is not good but when you consider they basically swapped Murray for Mccoy and got Kiko as a throw in, I think its a win IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT