ADVERTISEMENT

Obama legacy

Everyone needs to watch Obama's speech today at G20. Guy is clueless. He wouldn't concede anything on ISIS. He's talking about refugees, not defeating the enemy. This guy is truly awful at his job. I realize no one will actually go watch his speech and look forward to ND's contrarian response despite the fact he won't watch it.

Reactions: ericw
Those of us in the real world are working today and don't have time to listen to speeches.

Big fan of the new "Are you saying that [insert person] has never done anything wrong?" feature. It's a shame it took this long for Wertz to get recognized for his go-to move.

Everyone needs to watch Obama's speech today at G20. Guy is clueless. He wouldn't concede anything on ISIS. He's talking about refugees, not defeating the enemy. This guy is truly awful at his job. I realize no one will actually go watch his speech and look forward to ND's contrarian response despite the fact he won't watch it.
I used the google to find this:
"ISIS is the face of evil," Obama said at the conclusion of the G20 summit in Antalya,Turkey. "Our goal is to... destroy this barbaric organization."

Another 18 years on THE HILL and I'd be reading that as "I like coddling refugees", i guess. Is there a way that I can accelerate that learning curve? Can i take a crash course in GoP blowhard lobbyist spin somewhere?

...and he also said we are not changing our strategy....they are being contained because they lost some square footage. What a joke. Jimmy Carter had bigger balls....hell Hillary has bigger balls!

I did watch the speech and it was pathetic! The press chewed him up and spit him out during the TQ. He acted like a kid who took his ball and went home. He is the most cowardly president of my lifetime!

I think his legacy will be a couple things:

1. At home, a general inability to get out of his own way in terms of figuring out what and how to regulate, and how much more health care costs to the average American consumer now, and probably for the rest of their lives. He's managed to hurt consumers more in the last couple years than a 50%+ decline in oil prices have helped.

Meanwhile, as the airlines all partnered up in what was once a more heavily regulated industry, he does nothing as the cost of the average flight goes through the roof.

The Aetnas, Humanas and BC/BS's of the world would love to get him elected another few times if they could.

2. Abroad, "containing" ISIS and terrorism.

And yes I am not a fan of Barry. Before he took office I was paying less than $275 for health insurance for a family of four. Now I pay $1265 a month because we are over the $95k a year limit for a family of four in regards to getting subsidies. Now try sending two kids to college, paying a mortgage, high property taxes, and deemed to be making too much to get much financial aide, while still being on the hook for another $1265 a month.

And BTW, the coverage sucks. Of course I am paying for someone else's coverage who probably made bad decisions in their life and I am now paying for that even though I have tried to do the right thing in my own life.

I used the google to find this:
"ISIS is the face of evil," Obama said at the conclusion of the G20 summit in Antalya,Turkey. "Our goal is to... destroy this barbaric organization."

Another 18 years on THE HILL and I'd be reading that as "I like coddling refugees", i guess. Is there a way that I can accelerate that learning curve? Can i take a crash course in GoP blowhard lobbyist spin somewhere?

No, you need to actually put forth ideas so it would be over your head. You are teetering back to angry dickheadedness.

And yes I am not a fan of Barry. Before he took office I was paying less than $275 for health insurance for a family of four. Now I pay $1265 a month because we are over the $95k a year limit for a family of four in regards to getting subsidies. Now try sending two kids to college, paying a mortgage, high property taxes, and deemed to be making too much to get much financial aide, while still being on the hook for another $1265 a month.

And BTW, the coverage sucks. Of course I am paying for someone else's coverage who probably made bad decisions in their life and I am now paying for that even though I have tried to do the right thing in my own life.

Def_Wins,

Are you sure that your math is correct?

Obamacare premiums were supposed to go down by "up to" $2,500 per family per year.

I am a contract Engineer so my math is good. My problem is that I am a contractor so I get no benefits from my employer. Thing is just about every high tech job out there right now are contract positions because companies want to avoid providing healthcare due to thigh cost of the coverage.

Big fan of the new "Are you saying that [insert person] has never done anything wrong?" feature. It's a shame it took this long for Wertz to get recognized for his go-to move.
Just trying to keep it real around here.

I am a contract Engineer so my math is good. My problem is that I am a contractor so I get no benefits from my employer. Thing is just about every high tech job out there right now are contract positions because companies want to avoid providing healthcare due to thigh cost of the coverage.

Reminds me of a guy who gets a Philosophy degree and then complains about the lack of high paying available to him.

Don't have complex analysis this semester. Will probably talk about the fast Fourier transform in a few weeks...will have to work in e^{it} then.

Reminds me of a guy who gets a Philosophy degree and then complains about the lack of high paying available to him.

Wow did not realize an Electrical Engineering degree was like a philosophy degree.

Plus, not complaining about pay...pay is good, but because of my good pay I am penalized with ridiculous healthcare premiums. I guess I should have gotten a philosophy degree then you could pay for my healthcare.

Or should have just become a teacher, and force my neighbors to pay for my pension and medical benefits, while pulling in 80k a year, working 9 months a year, 6 hrs a day.

Reactions: tjc3844
Wow did not realize an Electrical Engineering degree was like a philosophy degree.

Plus, not complaining about pay...pay is good, but because of my good pay I am penalized with ridiculous healthcare premiums. I guess I should have gotten a philosophy degree then you could pay for my healthcare.

Or should have just become a teacher, and force my neighbors to pay for my pension and medical benefits, while pulling in 80k a year, working 9 months a year, 6 hrs a day.
You could easily be unemployed or a teacher if you so chose. You're just whining. Shut the **** up.

No just pointing out how this incompetent president and his party are hurting hard working Americans so they can give handouts to their dependent base, which will keep voting democrat so they keep getting their handouts.

Maybe you are your family members fit that description. Otherwise I have no idea how anyone could defend this guy unless they have their head stuck up their ***!!

Everyone acts like its a ****ing accident that previously covered people subsidized people uninsured prior to ACA. That was the idea. In fact that's the entire idea of social programs that our country has slowly rolled out for the last century... "Hard working" Americans help those that can't help themselves.

As a contractor, if your wages didn't increase according to the increase in healthcare costs, that's your own failure to negotiate.

Yet poverty levels have stayed the same since they began the war on poverty back in the 60's with those social programs. In fact things have gotten worse over the last 7 years.

What I don't get is if these social programs are so great, then why are the cities in this country, that have been run by democrats for the last 50 plus years, absolute sh!t holes?

I take the train into center city everyday, it is very revealing. You see abandoned industrial buildings on north Philly. Buildings that look to be 100 plus years old, businesses that have left the city to likely go south or go out of business altogether, mostly due to democratic policies of high taxes, unionization and union corruption, that companies simply could not afford, and a deterioration of those communities leading to high crime rates. What's left is a shell of a community with empty lots, crack houses, trash everywhere, and no jobs or prospects for those living there. No wonder that the only thriving piece of the city left is center city where Comcast, which is not unionized, provides 1000's of jobs and the associated economic growth it provides. If Comcast left the city, Philly would screwed. As it is they now want the state to bail out their failing school system, that has staggering 2 billion dollar budget, but that is another story.

Just amazing how well the Dems have run Philly these last 60 years.

Well big cities in the right to work states in the south seem to be doing a heck of a lot better despite still having the shackles the the federal government's free handouts affecting them to some degree. Can't get away from that anywhere, which is sad since as I said, the war on poverty has just created more poverty.

So pretty weak argument on your part. Face it, dem strongholds like Chicago, Detroit, Philly, and other smaller union strongholds in the north and Midwest are in terrible shape. So it is not just a factor of size. Hell, New York was a mess in the 70's and 80's, but after years of republicans in charge, it cleaned up well with stricter laws like stop and frisky reducing crime and saving "black lives". Now a lib is charge, who has stripped away these policies and you can expect higher crime and murder rates, mostly among those that supported him. I guess you get the leaderership they deserve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT