ADVERTISEMENT

Obama legacy

I forgot about the foundation, adp. Wasn't there a major donation from a foreign government? She also went through the server and deleted many of her emails claiming they had nothing to do with her employment.

ND: What difference does it make how long ago it happened?

This all seems after the fact. Why wasn't there federal government controls in place to monitor this and prevent technological novices like Hillary from accidentally mishandling her email setup?

It doesn't matter how long ago it happened. Just seems like it would have been reviewed early if there were any impact of her vile secrecy.

Can anybody post a link to the donor list for the $360M+ given to the Bush Foundation? Google seems to be down right now and I want to make sure some of my favorite GoP candidates' family foundations are all operating "above board".

The foundation that received speaking fees for a popular, beloved former president?
And the rogue actions of cheryl and huma, operating under hillary's radar?
Doesn't seem like campaign busting scandal to me.
In any other year with a likable candidate sure. However, politicians and their staff enriching them selves is not really capturing the mood of the electorate.

In any other year with a likable candidate sure. However, politicians and their staff enriching them selves is not really capturing the mood of the electorate.
article-2030677-0D8F4DC400000578-882_468x308.jpg

"You call that enriching yourself?"

You are falling into the trap. Because the bush in thia race is doing well. The dems simply have no alternative. She has screwed them. The voters will stay home and potential to get crushed down ballot is huge. She's best case scenario for the gop. It could look for like an off year if she can't turn out voters a la Obama. Bad news for dems. Especially in a year the gop has a ton of vulnerable senators up.

I think Rubio is actually the perfect contrast. He's from nothing. Mitt they would wrap in 1%erism. I've gotten to know Rubio over the past 4 years and believe once he's got more exposure he'll be embraced. He's the perfect antidote to Hillary. Dems worst nightmare. He takes out the minority appeal and worse he cuts the generation divide which was Obama's strength. He's the GOP version of Obama. That was/is the obstacle he needs to overcome in the primary. As you know. I've been a believer he'll do it. If so, he beats HRC "handily". Even worse, he leads to down ballot wins as she'll have no energy vs. Rubio.

I think Rubio is actually the perfect contrast. He's from nothing. Mitt they would wrap in 1%erism. I've gotten to know Rubio over the past 4 years and believe once he's got more exposure he'll be embraced. He's the perfect antidote to Hillary. Dems worst nightmare. He takes out the minority appeal and worse he cuts the generation divide which was Obama's strength. He's the GOP version of Obama. That was/is the obstacle he needs to overcome in the primary. As you know. I've been a believer he'll do it. If so, he beats HRC "handily". Even worse, he leads to down ballot wins as she'll have no energy vs. Rubio.

I like Rubio somewhat but there is a catch 22 type situation with his immigration stance/agenda.
He needs that stance in order to win a large percentage of the Hispanic vote back for the Republicans ... which means he intends to do nothing to fix border problems/immigration.
Personally though I don't think the status quo on immigration is all that bad. The solutions involve - a ton of expense and discontent to deport people that will only find their way back and/or a spike in the price of avocados beyond that being wrought by the CA drought - I love guacamole too much to want to risk that. At this point under the table low wages that keep the price of some agricultural products lower and provide some menial labor are being traded for some free healthcare and education ... it all comes out in the wash.
I really think politicians are also fine with the staus quo (given they continue to do absolutely nothing about it) ... they just like to leave the issue open so they can use it to pander to Hispanic voters and make it a wedge issue in elections. Conservative Republicans take the bait every time (with the exceptions of some of those in FL, CA, TX, AZ who wouldn't be in office otherwise).

we need to be honest on immigration. You can't kick millions out. You would also hurt the economy. However, Trump for all his silliness, isn't all wrong. Why not stop the anchor babies in this regard. If your parents broke the law and you're born here should we provide legal status and all that entails? I never thought I'd say this but that's a fair point. But let's be real. I supported myself for 7 years working in restaurants while performing my public service and going to school. Many working in that industry are illegal and they were the best workers. How do we provide a path forward for them? I believe that's what Rubio was trying to do and he's right. Put politics aside and figure it out. however, that's the the issue for Reagan Democrats and flyover GOP voters. I'm not sure how you solve it politically.

I think Rubio is actually the perfect contrast. He's from nothing. Mitt they would wrap in 1%erism. I've gotten to know Rubio over the past 4 years and believe once he's got more exposure he'll be embraced.

Fair point. He needs to emerge out of this shit show first.

Ted Cruz's speech pattern and appearance drip of intellectual dishonesty.

How did Carly get on this stage over Christie? Both are cartoon characters. She is a zilch.

Cruz is a creepy SNL character. My wife and I are convinced he and Fiorina are the product of Loren Michaels and it's all a large SNL skit. I can't find another explanation. These aren't real people. BTW, Ben Carson started the debate by saying black people have a higher unemployment rate because because the minimum wage is too high. How does anyone take this guy seriously? I don't get it. Regardless, seems like a dude to smoke a tasty bone with.

Cruz and Carson are obviously smart guys - they have to know that they have 0 shot at winning, right? With the stuff that they are saying they know that they will never be electable, right? What is their end game in all this? Carson to become more of a conservative darling and increase his speaking fees and get a bigger book deal next time? Cruz to be the dissenter in Senate for things that have 0 chance of actually happening? Becoming the face of the Tea Party/Freedom Caucus or whatever they re brand as next?

I don't know if she's best case scenario, but she's not super strong. I don't see any of the GoPers blowing her out of the water though. 2012 Mitt prob would.

Sadly, due to the 47% comment Mitt lost any chance to blow anyone out in that election or ever after that (but for that, I think he'd be running again now). Sandy and Christie's love fest with Obama hurt, but he needed to make everything perfect to win after that comment got out, too much to overcome.

Rubio definitely has the highest ceiling and highest floor for any Republican. Wouldn't bet on it, but I can see a Rubio blowout path opening up. Worst opponent for Clinton, and would need to be coupled with traction on Hilary distrust, which is entirely possible once the national ads start.

we need to be honest on immigration. You can't kick millions out. You would also hurt the economy. Many working in that industry are illegal and they were the best workers. How do we provide a path forward for them?
Restaurant cost would go up ten fold if you had all legal immigrants working in it.

Sadly, due to the 47% comment Mitt lost any chance to blow anyone out in that election or ever after that (but for that, I think he'd be running again now). Sandy and Christie's love fest with Obama hurt, but he needed to make everything perfect to win after that comment got out, too much to overcome.

Rubio definitely has the highest ceiling and highest floor for any Republican. Wouldn't bet on it, but I can see a Rubio blowout path opening up. Worst opponent for Clinton, and would need to be coupled with traction on Hilary distrust, which is entirely possible once the national ads start.
It's looking this way. It'll be interesting to see how he sheds the GOP Obama label.

It's looking this way. It'll be interesting to see how he sheds the GOP Obama label.
Rubio is a very bright guy and an excellent politician. But, do we really want another one term senator in the Oval Office? He may well have the best shot at Hillary. She's old distrustful news and he represents the new generation. Don't count Ben Carson out. He is really maturing as a politician which, I think was his main weakness early on after he announced. I also think he would crush Hillary.

Rubio is a very bright guy and an excellent politician. But, do we really want another one term senator in the Oval Office? He may well have the best shot at Hillary. She's old distrustful news and he represents the new generation. Don't count Ben Carson out. He is really maturing as a politician which, I think was his main weakness early on after he announced. I also think he would crush Hillary.

Ben likes to tell white lies and embellish things then he gets hostile when called on it.

He also looks like someone who likes his Mary Jane.

Sounds a lot like you. I can see why you would like him.

The good doctor has had a DISASTROUS two weeks. Do you even follow the news?

CTOQZ_oWwAAiNpc.png:large
Do you actually believe that bullshit? The good doctor has taken the lead in Iowa, SC and NC in the last 2 weeks.

THe past two weeks have been a complete disater. Carson is not going to win these states. Strick isnright, we are witnessing th e beginning of the carson implosion

. He takes out the minority appeal and worse he cuts the generation divide which was Obama's strength. He's the GOP version of Obama. That was/is the obstacle he needs to overcome in the primary. As you know. I've been a believer he'll do it. If so, he beats HRC "handily". Even worse, he leads to down ballot wins as she'll have no energy vs. Rubio.

Remind me again while he is courting those minority and young voters what his stance is on:

Raising the minimum wage.
Gay marriage
Abortion for rape and incest victims
Climate Change
Voters rights
Equal Pay and family leave
Health Care

Now tell me which states is he turning red that Obama took in 2012.

Florida, Ohio, Virginia, CO, NV, PA is even in play.

Equal Pay? Is that really an issue? What does equal pay mean? I never understood. No one is paid equally. Such a BS liberal list of issues. No one cares about equal pay and family leave, voters rights, climate change etc....these are lefty issues that don't swing a single election.

Remind me again while he is courting those minority and young voters what his stance is on:

Raising the minimum wage.
Gay marriage
Abortion for rape and incest victims
Climate Change
Voters rights
Equal Pay and family leave
Health Care

Now tell me which states is he turning red that Obama took in 2012.

THe past two weeks have been a complete disater. Carson is not going to win these states. Strick isnright, we are witnessing th e beginning of the carson implosion
I couldn't disagree more that Carson will implode. He was the #1 topic on Facebook last night. He is connecting across all 3 generations of voters. He may not win the nomination but he will not implode even after the leftwing assault on him this past week by the press. (and the Donald)

I couldn't disagree more that Carson will implode. He was the #1 topic on Facebook last night. He is connecting across all 3 generations of voters. He may not win the nomination but he will not implode even after the leftwing assault on him this past week by the press. (and the Donald)

Is Ben Carson an Impostor?

The issue surrounding Ben Carson, we’re told, is integrity — whether he made up stories to create a persona that isn’t real, and thus whether he can be trusted to lead.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/is-ben-carson-an-impostor-1298024733794358.html

I got a chuckle out of the way that Fiorina, Carson (and maybe Trump said this too?) felt the need to interject into the foreign policy portion of the debate that they had "talked to a general" recently and now have some deep understanding/insight into what needs to be done in relation to ISIS ... seriously? you talked to a stinkin' general and now you know everything you need to know to handle foreign policy as president?
rumor has it - it was this guy:
logo-the-general-color.png

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
Told by the left wing news media and we all know how trustworthy they are!

I have come to realize that the left wing news media is biased.

I also do not trust people who make things up about their personal story (i.e. fake families, etc.)

This morning I was doing my reading and came across this fact that defines the Obama Presidency: Household wages have gone down $1,500+ (1.3%) since he took office in 09. Costs of goods go up but wages go down. What this really means is the middle class has gotten crushed under his policies. I've argued the healthcare bill is the single worse policy for the middle class this country has enacted in 40 years. This data confirms this Presidency is even worse for this segment. Which shouldn't be surprised because that's what happens when you go into your Presidency calling to spread it around and have a general governing theme/policies of class warfare. The middle gets crushed. When we look back at his economic agenda, this will be a key element.

Reactions: jvm3
I got a chuckle out of the way that Fiorina, Carson (and maybe Trump said this too?) felt the need to interject into the foreign policy portion of the debate that they had "talked to a general" recently and now have some deep understanding/insight into what needs to be done in relation to ISIS ... seriously? you talked to a stinkin' general and now you know everything you need to know to handle foreign policy as president?
rumor has it - it was this guy:
logo-the-general-color.png

For a great low rate you can get online, go to the general and save some time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT