ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Attacks

Worse thing about France is they took the lead in getting rid of Gadaffi & now crazy Islamists are ALL over Libya.

& they are still currently pushing the hardest to get rid of Assad..

Guess they want new big business in both Countries, but that is not worth taking the side of the craziest of the crazies.

Good news is maybe we can retire that Onion article that gun control advocates post every time we have a mass shooting in our country, about how it's the only place it happens. I guess they can amend it to say "only country where whites do this to other whites"

Good news is maybe we can retire that Onion article that gun control advocates post every time we have a mass shooting in our country, about how it's the only place it happens. I guess they can amend it to say "only country where whites do this to other whites"

Unless this is ISIS/Islamic terrorist attack.

Is there an official hashtag yet that I can use in my social media posts so everyone knows I'm concerned and clued in? I would imagine #Prayers4Paris or is that in use for Paris Hilton already?

# keep Assad in power ( goes against France current position) & fight real center of terrorism

Is there any real way to win a war on terrorism? I'm thinking no. Short of a cowboy like Trump in office and he decides to just start nuking countries. That's honestly the only answer I see. Total extermination of offending countries. That would make gas $20/gallon but small sacrifice I think.

Reactions: obriend1
Let's not pretend this is about anything other than one religion having crazier views than all others.

Clean wave is fuking moron.Paris has been ground zero in western Europe and for radical Islam for a while. It's also homegrown. Remember Charlie hezbo? The Jews have been under attack for a while and there was a pro Muslim government movement in France. Ther are parts of northern Paris the police have seeded to radiCal islam. Doesn't mean we will find out these are all french citizens who carried out the attacks. However, this has been building and been given politiCal support within france. It should not be a surprise this happened in paris. It's terrible and I'm sure not over. Again, Charlie hezbo was not long ago and also coordinated with other attacks. If memory serves, homegrown. Let's hope it's contained. Awful stuff.

Reactions: obriend1
World Wars were started over less. The fact that we as a society allow this to continue is sad. Someone w some balls needs to take W's with us or against us stance to the next level.

Adp u need to be bitched slapped.

My statements on France disastrous Foreign policy in Libya & Syria is accurate.

What is not factual?

1) France lead NATO's ousting of Ghadafi & consequently Muslim extremism grew)

2) France wants Assad out & "moderate" rebels in

When you fight a war there are millions of civilians that likely are not actively engaged in the cause of their country that suffer. Are there many Muslims that are not part of this, yes, but maybe the time has come to hold many for the actions of their fellow countrymen/religious brothers. Maybe when all are faced w the world against them for the actions of their brethren they will purge themselves of this element.

nearly 2 billion Muslims in the world with less than 1 percent who are extremists. Maybe we should start some concentration camps.

You would think they would be working the hardest to eliminate this "fringe" element, yet they often seem to remain quiet about these things.

Lets face it, when the majority of the Muslim world believes women should have no rights, girls do not need higher education, being gay is illegal, and the Jewish state has no right to exist, they are already pretty far down the road of being a bit extreme themselves.

BTW, with those stances I still can't understand why the liberals in this country defend their actions and inactions like they do. I mean they go apeshit about Repubs not wanting tax dollars to fund contraception and say its a war on women, but Muslims can deny basic rights to women and gays and they look the other way.

Reactions: Mr. Wade Garrett
I think Indonesia has the most muslims in the world and you don't hear about extremism there. Now, if you say let's nuke Syria because they breed a culture of violence which is irreversable, I can at least sort of get behind that. Less vitriolic

You would think they would be working the hardest to eliminate this "fringe" element, yet they often seem to remain quiet about these things.

Lets face it, when the majority of the Muslim world believes women should have no rights, girls do not need higher education, being gay is illegal, and the Jewish state has no right to exist, they are already pretty far down the road of being a bit extreme themselves.

BTW, with those stances I still can't understand why the liberals in this country defend their actions and inactions like they do. I mean they go apeshit about Repubs not wanting tax dollars to fund contraception and say its a war on women, but Muslims can deny basic rights to women and gays and they look the other way.

While I agree it's hypocritical in nature, the reasoning behind it is that there are no muslims dictating populat thought or domestic policy in the US. It would be like speaking out against a ghost opponent.

Def win, you just described a combination of the American south and America pre 1930.

Waiting for your answer adp

What is not factual?

1) France lead NATO's ousting of Ghadafi & consequently Muslim extremism grew in Libya)

2) France wants Assad out & "moderate" rebels in

These people will find whatever reason they need to carry out attacks against innocent people. These are radical, crazy people blowing themselves us to meet their maker in the name of jihad. They are being programmed. You notice the clerics aren't the ones out there blowing themselves up right? The folks, radical religious people, who convince these idiots to blow themselves up will always find a reason because they are not reasonable and praying on the weak who want to be radicalized.

Last edited:
So it's OK to be on the fighting side of radical Islamists in Syria & Libya uprisings, because they are going to be "programmed" regardless?

That's about as naïve as it gets.

Wonder what all those liberals in Europe think now about Edward Snowden.

"CIA please help us spy again please!"

Wonder how many Frenchies are rethinking Nations policy of zero gun ownership for citizens?

Not knocking your comment, pretty innocuous, but it is kind of endemic of of the new kind of "ownership" humans now like to ascribe to these events.

So once the immediate crisis is over, the news starts to parse out the "shares" of the tragedy. Anybody from our region? Anybody who passed through our region and spent time here? Anybody who's ever even been in our region? Anybody with relatives in our region? Anybody who's never been to our region, but is inexplicably a huge fan of a local team? Anybody get a tooth pulled by a dentist from our region during a humanitarian trip? Any cheese shop that buys cheese from somebody?
Saw so many "I," "me," and "my" typed under pics of the Eiffel Tower on Instagram last night. Nobody cares if Paris is your favorite city to visit or if you were there just last month. If anyone on this board posted a picture of the Eiffel Tower on social media (or changed your profile pic to include that rainbow background when gays were given the right to marry) then you're a total chauncy

I'm ready to do to Islamofascism the same thing we did to European Fascism and use overwhelming military power to destroy them.

Perhaps tens of thousands of people on our side will die as will hundreds of thousands of civilians, but we need to fight a war to win rather than retreat with our tail between our legs because the media focuses so much attention on the number of casualties rather than battlefield progress. This isn't a Korea situation where you have tens of millions of able Chinese men willing to reinforce the enemy. If you send in a military force of similar size that we sent into France in June of 1944, these animals can be defeated.

It has worked literally every time we have tried it in history except for once, when it half-worked.

You can't win something like this by fighting a defensive battle, you need to break the will of the enemy.

We also need to hold the countries who export the Salafi-Jihadist ideology from their madrasas like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan accountable.

Ok, Foye - where is the ISIS headquarters? Where do we send the troops? Believe me, if it were that identifiable, we'd have already bombed it to smithereens. Or the Russians would have.

This isn't fighting Nazi Germany, this is a diffuse threat that holds no real ground, has no face. No thanks to another protracted guerrilla war against an enemy who won't stand and fight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT