ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Attacks

As for airstrikes, unless we're willing to do what we did to Germany and mainland Japan, which means essentially incinerating entire cities with no regard for the number of civilian deaths, then it's not going to do much.

We're not going to defeat Islamic terrorism as long as they have a greater will to fight than we do. Period.

Spg, Yes they sell their oil to Turkey.

U.S. & very recently France have bombed oil infrastructures that Isis took over. This is good on some level, but it's really Syrias oil & property.

anyone see the damn Mizzou protesters freaking out on the Twitter because now the media is shifting their attention away from them since the Paris attacks?

I think there's a decent chance the plane was an FSB job. Or the FSB knew about and let it happen. It hasn't been definitively linked to a terrorist group, but there are reputable people who believe Russia has used false flags in the past, most notably the 1999 apartment bombings that led to a wave of pro-Chechen War politicians (including Putin) being elected into office.

As for airstrikes, unless we're willing to do what we did to Germany and mainland Japan, which means essentially incinerating entire cities with no regard for the number of civilian deaths, then it's not going to do much.

We're not going to defeat Islamic terrorism as long as we have a pussy for a president. Period.

Fixed.

I predict that in response to this, Obama will unleash a shock and awe Twitter hashtag campaign, the likes of which the world has never seen.

#ISISistotallynotcool

um, actually MWG, it's pretty common knowledge that The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB) (Russian: Федеральная служба безопасности Российской Федерации (ФСБ); Federal'naya sluzhba bezopasnosti Rossiyskoy Federatsii) is the principal security agency of Russia and the main successor agency to the USSR's Committee of State Security (KGB). .

Anonymous on the case vs ISIS and their social media accounts.

It boggles the mind that it takes a group like this to target their accounts. You're telling me the government couldn't do this? What does ISIS have - at most no more than a hundred tech savvy guys?

Anonymous on the case vs ISIS and their social media accounts.

It boggles the mind that it takes a group like this to target their accounts. You're telling me the government couldn't do this? What does ISIS have - at most no more than a hundred tech savvy guys?
Who's to say the military doesn't have people targeting ISIS? Unlike Anonymous, military hackers don't post videos about what their plans on YouTube.

Who's to say the military doesn't have people targeting ISIS? Unlike Anonymous, military hackers don't post videos about what their plans on YouTube.
Yeah, instead the President just announces them to the whole world live.

Can somebody explain why the USA would want to accept 10,000+ Syrian refugees? Why would Tom Wolf come out and say "sure, come to Pennsylvania". One of the Paris terrorists was a Syrian refugee.

Doesn't Qatar still need more workers to build the World Cup stadiums? Can't they go there?

I had this discussion yesterday at lunch. This country was founded on taking your sick, your poor etc..everyone is from somewhere else who came to America in search of a better life. It's one of the founding principles of our country. Turning our back on refugees runs counter to our guiding principles and humanitarian duties of a citizen of the world.

My response to these bleeding hearts: I understand but we live in a different time. We have people who do not respect human life telling us they will hide terrorists coming here to kill us among these refugees. It's time to stop pussy-footing around and acknowledge our enemy. They are telling us what they will do and they did this very thing in France. Wake up, they are telling us their plans and have already pulled this off once. There is no way to screen these refugees so why would you put American's at risk.

Why doesn't Saudi Arabia take ANY of them, since they played a major role in creating the problem?

Another 9/11 is coming. Just hope it happens on Barry Hussein's watch and not the next president.
Wow, that's a level of partisan extremism I will never know. It as if you'd consider that a victory somehow just to stick it to Obama?? This whole zero sum game where you assume your side R or D has all the answers and the other side is totally wrong is hilarious considering how much both parties have done to fuk things up over decades when it comes to the middle east.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Why do you assume President Obama will handle such an attack better than President Rubio?

He wouldn't. I'd want the attack on his record since he made us so weak so he deserves to have his legacy tarnished. Plus it'd be fitting since he's a Muslim and we'd be attacked by his own people.

Always thought Bush got a raw deal on 9/11. Yes happened on his watch but the plan was in place before he took office and it was his predessor's weak policies and lack of action in the 90s that led to 9/11. This is history repeating itself all over again. Funny how quickly people forget.

Always thought Bush got a raw deal on 9/11. Yes happened on his watch but the plan was in place before he took office and it was his predessor's weak policies and lack of action in the 90s that led to 9/11. This is history repeating itself all over again. Funny how quickly people forget.

My favorite was when al Quada attacked the USS Cole during the run-up to the election, and Clinton didn't want to do anything to distract us from Al Gore's efforts. If you can blow up one of our ships and kill a bunch of servicemen with no consequences, why not take it to the next level against a softer target?

Oh that's right -- the best response is to just ignore them like children having a tantrum because us overreacting in response is just what they want.

I had this discussion yesterday at lunch. This country was founded on taking your sick, your poor etc..everyone is from somewhere else who came to America in search of a better life. It's one of the founding principles of our country. Turning our back on refugees runs counter to our guiding principles and humanitarian duties of a citizen of the world.

My response to these bleeding hearts: I understand but we live in a different time. We have people who do not respect human life telling us they will hide terrorists coming here to kill us among these refugees. It's time to stop pussy-footing around and acknowledge our enemy. They are telling us what they will do and they did this very thing in France. Wake up, they are telling us their plans and have already pulled this off once. There is no way to screen these refugees so why would you put American's at risk.

I am sincerely torn on this issue. I know that truly screening refugees is impossible. I also believe that not accepting people who are trying to get away from the same violence we don't want ro bring here is morally wrong.

I don't know which is the lesser of the evils. Innocent people are going to keep dying from middle eastern grown violence regardless. It's shitty all around

I am sincerely torn on this issue. I know that truly screening refugees is impossible. I also believe that not accepting people who are trying to get away from the same violence we don't want ro bring here is morally wrong.

I don't know which is the lesser of the evils. Innocent people are going to keep dying from middle eastern grown violence regardless. It's shitty all around
I propose a middle ground. Accept refugees with skills and means.

doner-kebab-bloke.jpg

Reactions: NickleDimer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT