ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Attacks

Need to listen to RT's side to counterbalance US mainstream.

Serious question Foye, are you off all pharmaceutical drugs & doing alright?

Raid this morning killed a police dog. Now it's really war! You can slaughter hundreds of people but once you cross that line of killing a dog, now even the liberals want your head.

Officer Schultz has a new friend in dog heaven.
OZgt8ti.jpg

I had this discussion yesterday at lunch. This country was founded on taking your sick, your poor etc..everyone is from somewhere else who came to America in search of a better life. It's one of the founding principles of our country. Turning our back on refugees runs counter to our guiding principles and humanitarian duties of a citizen of the world.

My response to these bleeding hearts: I understand but we live in a different time. We have people who do not respect human life telling us they will hide terrorists coming here to kill us among these refugees. It's time to stop pussy-footing around and acknowledge our enemy. They are telling us what they will do and they did this very thing in France. Wake up, they are telling us their plans and have already pulled this off once. There is no way to screen these refugees so why would you put American's at risk.

Because not accepting the refugees is "not who we are as Americans."

I've heard that it's pretty difficult to get refugee status. Takes a year or two, lots of documentation and multiple hearings. Is that correct? Or are they talking about just cramming hundreds of random unvetted Syrians in a c-130 and parachuting them into middle america.

I've heard that it's pretty difficult to get refugee status. Takes a year or two, lots of documentation and multiple hearings. Is that correct? Or are they talking about just cramming hundreds of random unvetted Syrians in a c-130 and parachuting them into middle america.

How do you vet people coming from a country that will not supply any documentation? You think Syria will open their databases to us if they even have any?

Plus as pointed out last night by Chris Matthews of all people, why are there so many young men coming over on their own? Why dont they stay and fight?

The other issue I have is you could have all the documentation you wsnt, but how would you know if a young man has become a sympathisers in the last 6 months or has become radicalized recently? Or even more of an issue once they are here and they have problems assimilating, become radicalized? The Boston bombers were former refugees that over time became radicalized.

Anyone that wants to take these people should ask themselves if they would want them in your neighborhood and be honest with yourself.

Plus as pointed out last night by Chris Matthews of all people, why are there so many young men coming over on their own? Why dont they stay and fight?

This is what pisses me off. If a fanatical minority group takes over your country, you have a responsibility to the world to stay and fight. Build coalitions with the other oppressed groups and put up a resistance. That's what we'd do here in 'Merica!

His point was this is not your typical refugee population of mothers, children, and old men and women. There is high % of young men coming in on their own. Why? And shouldn't that be of some concern?

Regardless of your view of whether they should stay and fight for their villages/towns and families...the fact is we have no idea who they are and or what their current state of mind is.

Really what kind of records would we have on a 17 year old kid and what he is thinking? As it is it has been reported that none of the 7 killed Paris attackers were on our watch lists. This is a new movement and we have very little on the ground intelligence to know what that population is and who is sympathetic, who has been radicalized, and who will be radicalized.

BTW, during a friendly soccer match between Greece and Turkey last night, Turkish fans booed the moment of silence for the Paris attacks and then began chanting "Allah Akbar". So the problem is that is the mentality among the populace. There are large numbers that at the very least are sympathetic.

Cannot take credit for writing this, but thought i'd share....

It must be incredibly frustrating as an Islamic terrorist not to have your views and motives taken seriously by the societies you terrorize, even after you haveexplicitly and repeatedly stated them. Even worse, those on the regressive left, in their endless capacity for masochism and self-loathing, have attempted to shift blame inwardly on themselves, denying the terrorists even the satisfaction of claiming responsibility.

It's like a bad Monty Python sketch:

"We did this because our holy texts exhort us to to do it."

"No you didn't."

"Wait, what? Yes we did..."

"No, this has nothing to do with religion. You guys are just using religion as a front for social and geopolitical reasons."

"WHAT!? Did you even read our official statement? We give explicit Quranic justification. This is jihad, a holy crusade against pagans, blasphemers, and disbelievers."

"No, this is definitely not a Muslim thing. You guys are not true Muslims, and you defame a great religion by saying so."

"Huh!? Who are you to tell us we're not true Muslims!? Islam is literally at the core of everything we do, and we have implemented the truest most literal and honest interpretation of its founding texts. It is our very reason for being."

"Nope. We created you. We installed a social and economic system that alienates and disenfranchises you, and that's why you did this. We're sorry."

"What? Why are you apologizing? We just slaughtered you mercilessly in the streets. We targeted unwitting civilians - disenfranchisement doesn't even enter into it!"

"Listen, it's our fault. We don't blame you for feeling unwelcome and lashing out."

"Seriously, stop taking credit for this! We worked really hard to pull this off, and we're not going to let you take it away from us."

"No, we nourished your extremism. We accept full blame."

"OMG, how many people do we have to kill around here to finally get our message across?"

How do you vet people coming from a country that will not supply any documentation? You think Syria will open their databases to us if they even have any?

gr8 questions. Sounds like something that would need to be addressed in any plan to accept refugees. I'm open to hearing the approach to that as opposed to just screaming "NO MORE BROWN PEOPLE IN MY STATE" right from the start.

gr8 questions. Sounds like something that would need to be addressed in any plan to accept refugees. I'm open to hearing the approach to that as opposed to just screaming "NO MORE BROWN PEOPLE IN MY STATE" right from the start.
Agreed, or promising to let in 10,000.

That's a typical straw man...just spouting off that those that oppose are against "brown people". I guess Bobby Jindal. who is opposing this, and those that VOTED for HIM!!!!....are against brown people. Pathetic.

Amazing how the racist Tea Party voted in an Indian governor in Jindal, the 1st Black Senator from South Carolina in Tim Scott, a Native American women governor in Nicki Haley, a black congresswoman in Utah in Mia Love. Plus, they have two Hispanic presidential candidates and an African- American doctor that does not even have any political experience and he is running 2nd right now.

So sure this is about brown people.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
Sounds like something that was blasted into your brain while watching 60 hours of cable news this week.

"Pennsylvania will continue working with the federal government to ensure that all individuals have gone through the proper screening process."
Are you just watching Bill Maher on repeat?

The problem is that the White House refused to clarify a question about the screening process asked by noted Right Wing Nutjob Jerry Brown in a call with American governors last night.

Why do you assume President Obama will handle such an attack better than President Rubio?

No, it won't happen on Barry O's watch because he will just tell us that it isn't a terrorist attack, but rather just some people that are upset over a video.

Reactions: Box+1
How do you properly screen these people? Get real here. Also, Obamaocking people saying we need to let women and children in. Guess what gender our terrorist of the day was who blew herself up prior to bring arrested. ND, you mocked me for blasting Obama speech. You should read Eugene Robinson's thoughts on it. He blasted the president much greater and he's an unabashed Obama fan.

How do you properly screen these people? Get real here. Also, Obamaocking people saying we need to let women and children in. Guess what gender our terrorist of the day was who blew herself up prior to bring arrested. ND, you mocked me for blasting Obama speech. You should read Eugene Robinson's thoughts on it. He blasted the president much greater and he's an unabashed Obama fan.
ND will never trash Obama.

Just read that America has let in 750,000 refugees since 9/11. Three have been arrested.

Most of this is much ado about nothing as the whole screening process takes somewhere between a year and two years to complete.

Reactions: NickleDimer

I hate the politicization of every damn problem this country tries to solve and I am not going to add fuel to either side of the fire - i am just making an observation. Both sides are guilty of ridiculous stuff in addressing this issue.

I just want to share that I think it is childish, moronic and un-Presidential for Obama to make that comment about the other side of the aisle being "afraid of women and children".
Is this guy even pretending to have an ounce of leadership in his body?
That statement is ludicrous at a time in our history when we, all Americans, face a clear and imminent threat.
That statement does nothing but divide people and delay progress. Statements like that won't get America acting in a unified, cogent fashion - let alone make strides towards building the coalition of free people worldwide that will be required to address this problem long term.
This man is not a leader and at this point can't leave office fast enough.
Note: I am an Independent, fiscal conservative, social liberal, libertarian and I will let you get back now to whatever it was you were discussing.

Right, they just went to SYRIA for training and re-entered fence with the intent to kill innocents. One posed as a refugee to get back into france.

Nickel Dimer doesn't understand that multiple Nations have been arming & brain washing Islamic derelicts from all over the globe, for 4+ years to jihad against Syrian gov.

He thinks it's a civil war.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT