ADVERTISEMENT

Pet peeves - let's hear yours

tomdudes

VUSports.com Legend
Mar 24, 2004
Had a side salad at lunch today (happened to be in Delaware for work). Rest of salad was fine (fresh crisp lettuce, good variety of green pepper and red onion, etc.) except they used those tasteless, flown in from wherever tomatoes on the salad. You know the kind, not quite red in color, overly firm flesh, hard white stem center, and NO TASTE!

That is outrageous for late summer, when there are high-quality locally grown tomatoes available within a 9 iron shot of the restaurant.

When I order "no tomato" on my burger or sandwich and cook ignores that, whereby I have to remove the slimy addition from my food myself.

Reactions: kjbert
  1. Poorly designed highway merging. Holy christ, is 95/476 near Chester a clusterf-ck. Was that designed for 1915 traffic levels?
  2. Textured crosswalks for the blind. They spent the Obama stimulus construction on dumb sh*t like this rather than actual infrastructure improvements.
  3. Retail cashiers who do not focus their attention on the customer during the transaction. Some are texting. Some are shouting to their co-worker about cognac. Others straight up ignore you until it's time to pay. I may open a retail store later in life just so I can scream at people who do these things.
  4. People that lack the ability to concisely summarize what they want to say.
  5. Having to wait at a barber shop.

Reactions: obriend1
Any article about a Tweet. Twitter in general for that matter.

When I ask my server at a restaurant for the check and after I place my credit card into the folio, said sever goes missing. Was my asking for the check NOT notice enough that I'm anxious to pay and get the hell out of the joint?

Reactions: kjbert and Chimpat
Mainstream press scaring & lying to us every single day.
The press is now selling instead of telling. They rely to on fear to sell. I'm surprised that they don't do it more. Why isn't every story fear based? Even the good ones. Here's a kid that got a full ride to Harvard... FIND OUT WHAT YOUR KID IS HUFFING THAT PREVENTED HIM FROM THE SAME FATE.

geats.png

People who wear backpacks while on the subway
People who whistle in public
People who's cell phone chimes every time they get a text
"Small plate" restaurants, pizza restaurants where the largest pizza is still too small for just me, $14 2oz bourbon on the rocks
Golf rounds that last >4 hours
"How was your weekend?" talk at work
People who take the elevator 1-2 floors

Cars that pull out in front/cut me off and then go 10-15 mph slower than I am.
I'm not usually the grammar police, but there/they're/their.... learn the difference.
My wife's car is always a mess. I don't need it to look like you just got it detailed, but it's embarrassing.

Reactions: ericw
Usage of "less" when "fewer" is the correct choice.
Usage of "literally" as a synonym for "virtually"
Hearing a cell phone or Outlook incoming message sound repeatedly when on a conference call
Anyone wearing a wool cap as a fashion accessory; amplified if you're wearing shorts
Listening to music on your cell phone in public with no earphones
Listening to music with your ear buds while driving your car (what, you don't have a way to connect to the car speakers?)
People who text and drive (selfish)

The word "hack" in reference to anything other than chopping at something with a machete, or breaking into a computer system.

Local to CoDB:

-Walking slowly in the middle of a busy sidewalk. x5 if also on the phone. x10 if also texting.

-Leaving a store and walking straight into heavy sidewalk traffic without looking/waiting. x5 if done while looking back and talking to the person behind them (it's always a woman doing this).

-Changing directions erratically or stopping on a busy sidewalk without looking behind you first.

When I order a coffee and the attendant says "hot coffee?" --- Coffee is hot --- if I want an Iced Coffee I will say Iced Coffee.

Reactions: ericw
People who flick their cigarette butt out the window.

When people don't move into the subway car/position themselves to get off a crowded subway.
When people walk slowly in the middle of the sidewalk.
Smoker's lack of consideration when disposing of butts in general.
When people stop the elevator door once its started closing.

And that's just on the commute into work.

My list:
1. self-centered, dimwits that get peeved about stupid little things

Flying - getting to/from the airport, people taking forever at security as if they have never been to the airport before, over price food, people crowding the gate before their boarding group is called (especially people that try to board with the wrong boarding group), people carrying on bags that obviously don't fit in the overhead, the list goes on.

When the waiter comes over to the table 18 seconds after the food is brought to ask "if everything's ok?"

Dude, I haven't even dug in yet. I have no idea. GTF outta here and don't come back unless I wave you over.

Jesus Christ, they all do it.

People who say "old man" instead of father/dad. This isn't 1957.

People who don't use a preposition before referencing their mom/dad. Eg, Dad would take us fishing every year... He's your dad, not mine.

People who say "my bad." Grow up.

When someone stands at the subway turnstile but doesn't have their metrocard, firing through their wallet or purse. The worst, get the F*ck out of the way.

People that talk through a whole concert.

When someone tailgates you, you move over to the right lane to let them pass and then they drop to 65 and drive next to you.

People taking pictures with Ipads. I want to grab it and smash it over their head.

Reactions: kindbits and VU82
1 minute late and got a 100 ticket for parking during pm rush hour. Guy was still standing next to my car. There goes almost all the money saved from the hvac.

9/11 Truthers
Chem-trail believers
People who belittle college athletes / claim they don't give a damn

When rich people get to attend big sporting events that I want to attend but can't afford to.

Retail cashiers who do not focus their attention on the customer during the transaction. Some are texting. Some are shouting to their co-worker about cognac. Others straight up ignore you until it's time to pay. I may open a retail store later in life just so I can scream at people who do these things.

I think customers are worse. They put their stuff down that they want to buy, and then they are completely unprepared to complete the transaction - or worse - on the phone or texting. Again, women are the primary offenders. Have your shopper's club card or whatever and your cash or credit card IN YOUR HAND as the cashier is ringing up your sh!t.

Reactions: NickleDimer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT