ADVERTISEMENT

Pet peeves - let's hear yours

Guys who buckle the strap across their chest when wearing a backpack. Grow up.

People who take forever to get ready for everything, particularly women. Everyone should have different levels of 'getting ready', from formal event down to doing yard work. It shouldn't be a monumental effort every time.

When you come up with a revolutionary social media website long before the internet is even in most households, and then two jew rowing Harvard twins steal your idea, and then some other jew named "Finkelshein" steals theirs and becomes the world's youngest billionaire.

Jesus Christ, they all do it.

I thought this one was interesting.

I never said the Finklestein kid stole my idea. I merely said I thought of the general concept for FB in 2001 when I saw what a useless piece of crap Classmates.com was. My initial reaction was "Why not let people upload pics for free with no membership?"

So really, I had the idea for FB and Instagram long before they materialized.

Exactly. Jesus was a beggar. If he lived in the CoP, he'd be wearing exactly what I do. Not a sport jacket. I guess we're not consubstantial with Jesus though.

edit: after Sept 1, sweat pants, work boots and Dawkins jersey is an acceptable substitution.
Glad to see you're (or is it "your") still going to church, ND.

These people should never be invited to a group dinner again. "Oh, but you were drinking vodka, I only had an iced tea". Get the f out of here. Great call on this one Nardi.

I agree with this to an extent. I have buddies who order bottles of wine all night and we have had a couple of guys at the table who were not drinking that night for whatever reason. You have increased all of our bills 20 or 30 bucks, if you are that guy, you better F$%KING volunteer to pay more, otherwise you are F'ing useless as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with this to an extent. I have buddies who order bottles of wine all night and we have had a couple of guys at the table who were not drinking that night for whatever reason. You have increased all of our bills 20 or 30 bucks, if you are that guy, you better F$%KING volunteer to pay more, otherwise you are F'ing useless as far as I'm concerned.
This is dinner with friends, not wine night with the girls where a few are pregnant.

Is IP law considered "shit law"?
Is an arborvita the best privacy bush?

Glad to see you're (or is it "your") still going to church, ND.

I went twice recently, despite being a chosen person. Good lord is the catholic mass out of touch. One generation got a hold of it an refused to adapt the traditions of the church, almost entirely killing it in America. Not many people under 55 in those pews.

I went twice recently, despite being a chosen person. Good lord is the catholic mass out of touch. One generation got a hold of it an refused to adapt the traditions of the church, almost entirely killing it in America. Not many people under 55 in those pews.

This, the catholic church is a mess. I don't think it will be a factor in the US in 20 years. It will still have the money I guess, but no one will care.

People that don't just split the bill when its a group of friends and they try and itemize who had what.

Someone's hanging out with a bunch of Finkelshein's if you ask me.

If gentiles are doing this in your presence, you should stop being friends with them. Honestly. Not being funny. Have some self respect and split the f-cking bill you cheap tw at.

Women tend to do this, particularly significant others, because not one woman on the planet has grasped the concept of personal finance management.

This, the catholic church is a mess. I don't think it will be a factor in the US in 20 years. It will still have the money I guess, but no one will care.

Seriously. The change of the verbiage was one of the silliest moves ever. Talk about further ostracizing the people you are trying to get to come back.

Split the bill evenly but don't use group dinners with couples as an opportunity to subsidize your drinking problem. Don't be the guy that has 4 $15 cocktails while everyone else is drinking beer or wine. Drink all you want before dinner when you're paying for yourself, drink with the team @ dinner, then get banged up at the bar after on your own dime.

That said, if you're out with some guys and you're all on the same pace, bring on the scotch!

Only the latino community will keep it alive.

Seriously. The change of the verbiage was one of the silliest moves ever. Talk about further ostracizing the people you are trying to get to come back.

I don't think they're genuinely trying to get anyone back. They're just changing things in a delusional way that is completely disconnected from both the actual religion and modern thought/culture. It's like some bizarre snapshot of repressed 1960 catholic america. The priests themselves don't even believe what they're pushing. They do a cable news sermon (aka just saying crap that they know their aging audience wants to hear, with the cadence and form that they are accustomed to) and avoid issues that they know the church is completely wrong about. The parish I just moved out of has had a huge sign saying "All are welcome" for like 5 years. Not according to church policy, amigo.

Hate to risk being the dick who says this but the "surprise" reunions between a military dad and his wife and or kids that are filmed for the news or shown at sporting events on the jumbotron to exploit our feelings or elicit a standing ovation need to stop. Deadspin mentioned this today and I couldn't agree more. Enough with this contrived bullshit. Let these guys have their meaningful reunions in peace and not as some feel good moment at a game or to segue from sports to weather on the evening news.

I even remember going to more than one wedding in a catholic church where the priest made it crystal clear than non-catholics are not welcome to take communion. Why the f*ck not? Welcome them into your celebration, your tradition. It's not like there's anything special about that crap.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
Following up on this.

I can't stand dudes who go into the stall next to you when there are open stalls.
Maybe they are cruising, Larry Craig style.

Do they tap their feet when they do this? Do they have a wide stance or a closed stance?

Hate to risk being the dick who says this but the "surprise" reunions between a military dad and his wife and or kids that are filmed for the news or shown at sporting events on the jumbotron to exploit our feelings or elicit a standing ovation need to stop. Deadspin mentioned this today and I couldn't agree more. Enough with this contrived bullshit. Let these guys have their meaningful reunions in peace and not as some feel good moment at a game or to segue from sports to weather on the evening news.

To spice things up in this tired genre they should tell wife the husband died in combat and then bring him back to surprise her 2 weeks later. Now that I'd watch.

Reactions: NickleDimer
To spice things up in this tired genre they should tell wife the husband died in combat and then bring him back to surprise her 2 weeks later. Now that I'd watch.

Better yet have he/she pop out of a casket...

Which reminds me...I'm still pissed Michael Jackson didn't fake his death and pop out of the coffin at Staples Center and perform Thriller.

2574674.jpg

Slow golfers and those who play from the wrong tees. You're usually a true 20+handicap, don't even look at the blue tees.

People who drive inside your asshole even when you're doing 80 in a 55. And have the nerve to flash their brights for you to move since, ya know, you're not already going fast enough. Also, people on the road seem to put an awful lot of blind faith into the driving ability/mindset of other vehicles. How do you know that person thats going 80 in front of you isnt gonna slam on their brakes so you rear-end them, in turn causing you to be responsible for damages, or even better, killing you in the process. I just assume other drivers are awful drivers. No benefit of doubt here. At high speeds, always several car lengths between me and the asshole in front of me.

People who ignorantly drive in the right lane when traffic is trying to merge off on-ramps from right to left. This is only acceptable behavior if there is no way of getting into the left lane due to a car's presence. If there's no car in the left lane, and you purposely stay in the right lane and force merging traffic to come to a stop - you're an asshole.

Educated people who say "could care less" when they really couldnt care less. It AMAZES me how many seemingly smart people do this. Drives me batshit.

People who dont make eye contact when shaking hands. I see this sometimes. If you're gonna do that, dont even bother shaking someone's hand. A handshake without eye contact is less respectful than no handshake. You instantly know someone's true feelings about another individual when they do this.

People with the uncanny lack of ability to read one's body language. As in "I really, truly dont give a sh*t about this story you're telling me but I'm trying not to be a total cocks*cker and letting you down easy, so please do us both a favor and stop this nonsense".

People who curse in public in the presence of kids. Have some self-awareness or awareness of your surroundings. Dickhead.

Loud morons who think everyone within 2 blocks cares to hear their personal convos. There is never an excuse for this. Ever.

If you care about what Drake and Meek Mill say to each other - you're a f*cking loser.

People who drive inside your asshole even when you're doing 80 in a 55. And have the nerve to flash their brights for you to move since, ya know, you're not already going fast enough. Also, people on the road seem to put an awful lot of blind faith into the driving ability/mindset of other vehicles. How do you know that person thats going 80 in front of you isnt gonna slam on their brakes so you rear-end them, in turn causing you to be responsible for damages, or even better, killing you in the process. I just assume other drivers are awful drivers. No benefit of doubt here. At high speeds, always several car lengths between me and the asshole in front of me.

People who ignorantly drive in the right lane when traffic is trying to merge off on-ramps from right to left. This is only acceptable behavior if there is no way of getting into the left lane due to a car's presence. If there's no car in the left lane, and you purposely stay in the right lane and force merging traffic to come to a stop - you're an asshole.

Loud morons who think everyone within 2 blocks cares to hear their personal convos. There is never an excuse for this. Ever.

422 traffic whining and racism. I expect nothing less from gdog.

Reactions: gldendog
People who frequently use "you know" when they speak.

Drivers who do not signal particularly left hand turns at traffic lights.

A neighbor who lets their dog roam with predictable consequences on my front lawn.

Overboard political correctness (Easter eggs are now "Spring Spheres or "brown bag lunch" is racist)

Can we limit the Jewish slurs. We should be better.

I agree. Everything was fine the way it was. Where I go to church since I moved actually has one Sunday mass still in Latin! I'll bet that's a real hit.

Went to a baptism recently at a catholic parish in NY. A little more progressive service. Had a projection screen on the alter - showing announcements, the readings, prayer words, song lyrics. Had a bandstand too (not in use for that particular mass). A style more like other faiths that give a damn. It's a start.

Or I might just bid my affiliation out to whatever church needs to fill a seat. We're all on the same team, right?

1. Cigars on a golf course. Yes, I know you're outside, but those still leave nasty ashes on the green and I can smell it a hole or two away

2. (tie) Democrats

2. (tie) Republicans

Reactions: ericw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT