ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies 2016 Season

Franco out for 3rd straight game, hoping to return tomorrow.

Herrera CF
Galvis SS
Blanco 3B
Joseph 1B
Asche LF
Ruiz C
Hernandez 2B
Bourjos RF
Hellickson SP

Franco back in lineup as the Phils face their old pal J.A. Happ

Herrera CF
Galvis SS
Franco 3B
Joseph 1B
Rupp C
Paredes RF
Goeddel LF
Hernandez 2B
Nola P

It would be nice to see Nola bounce back after a tough start.

Why? Because they overachieved the first quarter of the season and now they're coming back to earth? Come on, they actually have young talent and a rebuilding team. What a fugazi fan statement.

Reactions: NovaHoops2002
Why? Because they overachieved the first quarter of the season and now they're coming back to earth? Come on, they actually have young talent and a rebuilding team. What a fugazi fan statement.

I can't watch when the team sucks. I'm not a big baseball guy. I will come back when some of the young bats come up. It's disheartening to see VV injured and Nola scuffling.

Gutless. Go gamble on third tier tennis tournaments.

Only the majors, cuzzo.

I have freely admitted to being a bullsh*t Phillies fan. I only care when they're winning, or competing.

Villanova, Eagles, Sixers are the only teams I will watch even if the team isn't good. Just not enough of a baseball lover. If that makes me gutless then so be it.

Do they not stress plate discipline in their player development? This is like 4 years in a row of terrible offense. It's mind boggling.

Focus on the positives!

Howard got a hit and raised his AVG to .143. His OBP is nearly .200!
Morgan's ERA only went up by 0.06. (It's now 6.55)

Hit the Phillies at +260 today. Love it, especially coming off Bumgarner. This is the first year in his career he's been a great regular season pitcher. Rupp is a beast.

Hit the Phillies at +260 today. Love it, especially coming off Bumgarner. This is the first year in his career he's been a great regular season pitcher. Rupp is a beast.
Interesting Inky article today about how Rupp is going to get fewer starts even though he is mashing because he ignores their pre-game plan. Let's not make him the scape goat for the freefall this team is in.

Nola has plenty of time to turn it around. Not worried about him at this moment.

Nola has plenty of time to turn it around. Not worried about him at this moment.

Me either - but it would concern me, as it does Conforto. (also 23 I believe) - because when guys get lit up their second or third time through the league, it concerns me. League solves people and spits them out all the time. I don't think Nola has seen the 5th inning in over a month.

Baseball isn't an easy game. Young players are going to go thru ups and downs. I think Nola works his way thru this. A lot of it confidence, pressing, between the ears right now, etc.

Mike Stanton is batting .220 right now.

Most successful pitchers have had to adjust and re-adjust over time. There are very, very few who do not have to adjust. They're just that good. Nola doesnt have the stuff to be "that guy". Those guys are very rare. They usually throw very hard, lessening their margin for error.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT