ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies

NickleDimer

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Feb 7, 2002
Brightsidersville, USA
www.philly.com
He franchise has slipped into complete dumpster fire mode after their second weeklong losing streak of the season. Somehow I am more hopeful thought. The bright spots keep getting brighter while low spots keep sucking more.

c hernandez is on fire and has ended an American hero's career.

f galvis is looking competent. see the most pitches in the team. Shouldn't be hitting in the 7/8 hole.

M Franco is still stroking hits.

Adam Morgan came out of obscurity to throw two competent games.

alg-howard-jpg.jpg

Correia DFA as well. The Phillies rotation right now:

Hamels
Billingsley
Morgan

Get rid of Billingsley too, he stinks. I am liking what I see from Morgan so far.

That pitching staff is pretty damn good and should be for years to come Shame they can't hit worth a dick.

Correia DFA as well. The Phillies rotation right now:

Hamels
Billingsley
Morgan

Get rid of Billingsley too, he stinks. I am liking what I see from Morgan so far.

The legendary Jerome Williams is rehab starting so we have that going for us.

Rollins really having a rough go of it offensively this year. (.260 OBP)

Zach Eflin having a solid year at Reading so far. (5-4, 2.88 ERA, 1.10 WHIP)

Nola, Biddle, Efflin - none of them have overpowering stuff. And Biddle has pretty significant control issues. Will be interesting if/how that translated to MLB.
Good points. But Nola has great control and mixes his pitches very well. He's not going to be Max Scherzer but I think he can be a very solid pitcher.

Look at his stats over the course of this season:

100.1 IP with only 83 hits and 14 BB. That is a solid WHIP of 0.97. His strikeout numbers could be higher, but he is not a guy that will overpower you. He has given up more hits in AAA but continued not to walk batters, and his K levels have actually risen. 23.2 IP 24 H 5 BB 24 K.

I see him as a very solid 2 with the upside to be a 1 for the Phils in the future.

not even close to as good as Mantle but same thing happened to Mickey, held on too long and dropped below .300 career lifetime. Rollins is just collecting a pay check at this point , not a bad retirement job, shortstop for the Dodgers.

Great debut by Biddle in AAA.

Morgan has nice stuff, it's really only been the long ball that has hurt him the past 2 starts. I like the way he pitches, reminds me a lot of Cliff Lee. He just needs to work on his location. He has a very good breaking stuff. I have really enjoyed watching him pitch this year.

cliff lee, i completely forgot about him. is his career over? or is he "injured" so he doesnt have to pitch for the Phillies while still collecting $20M per.

Kershaw with a nice outing, im sure he was thinking no hitter when he took the mound vs those stiffs. 8H, 0 runs, 9 innings , not bad.

cliff lee, i completely forgot about him. is his career over? or is he "injured" so he doesnt have to pitch for the Phillies while still collecting $20M per.

I think he took the gutless route. If he was a real competitor, he'd have had surgery over a year ago and could be pitching again. Instead he opted to basically let the clock on his career expire and took last 2 years off.

but got paid. he was a tremendous pitcher for the phillies in 09, sadly he will be remembered for the cardinals game in 2011.

I think he took the gutless route. If he was a real competitor, he'd have had surgery over a year ago and could be pitching again. Instead he opted to basically let the clock on his career expire and took last 2 years off.

Option 1: make $50 million and do nothing
Option 2: make $50 million and have surgery, grind out a year of rehab

you have to hand it to CoP fans. they know how to get everything out of the Ph sounding F.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT