ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies

Agree with burrs here.

I don't want to see a repeat of the Schilling and Rolen trades in which the Phillies essentially received a giant, steaming pile of sh*t in return.

Patience is a virtue. My inclination is that a borderline wild card team wanting to acquire an ace for the stretch run to put them over the top will flinch before the Phillies do, provided that the demands are reasonable.

Burrs and nc94 generally continue to be right here. AS break happening now, the trade market essentially just opened for business, infinitely more attention will be paid to who's in/who's out as far as being serious about loading up for the stretch run. The pressure is building on all those GMs and franchises as we speak. Nothing that's happened before now as far as offers accepted/rejected means a thing, aside from establishing that despite all the horrific misdeeds the Rube has committed in the past, the Phillies are not easy prey now, there's more adult supervision and attention now, people know Phils can't f--- this up. Next two weeks or so are all that matters.

I understand plenty. GMs are trying to fleece RAJ. I get that. I expect this to go down to the final moments when one side will suddenly flinch. Fukking Jeff Samarjda (sp) netted one of the best SS prospects in baseball last year. Hamels is worth at least that. And guess what? If teams aren't going to relinquish top prospects then ****'em. Trot someone else out there for the stretch run.

You pick and choose the articles you want to read. The Phillies have contended all along they are willing to eat salary and they don't believe their demands are unreasonable. You even cited a ridiculous claim about Revere/Seattle not long ago, which was totally made up. Is it a given that other GMs are being forthright here? I doubt it. They feed national guys nonsense to create a dynamic that might help them in the end. It's surprising that yore not sharp enough to see this.
All well and good but they've been trying to trade the guy for a year and haven't been able to do so. Now they have brought in a new guy. Did you ever consider the Phillies are Fuking idiots if that's their stance and maybe why you still have an unhappy Cole Hamels? Everyone in the league knows the Phillies have to trade him. Their leverage doesn't increase with each passing day. They will get two decent prospects. Make the deal and move along.

All well and good but they've been trying to trade the guy for a year and haven't been able to do so. Now they have brought in a new guy. Did you ever consider the Phillies are Fuking idiots if that's their stance and maybe why you still have an unhappy Cole Hamels? Everyone in the league knows the Phillies have to trade him. Their leverage doesn't increase with each passing day. They will get two decent prospects. Make the deal and move along.

See, I don't think they have been trying for a year. There was very little, if any talk about moving him at this time last year. Plus, I don't believe they were ultra aggressive over the winter. Anyway, like I have said from day one, but if they get s fair offer prior to deadline then they will move. We will see...

And quite frankly, I don't give two craps if Cole is unhappy. You make 22 mil. Do your job and control what you can.

The goal isn't to make Hameks happy and the receiving team happy. The Phillies also have to be happy at the end of the day.

Burrs, in these two threads you are defending the Sixers and Phillie's management. Seek help.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Burrs, in these two threads you are defending the Sixers and Phillie's management. Seek help.

I defend issues/situations worth defending. Certainly, not everything each does. Really, man you're better than this. Try to keep up a little better. It's disappointing.

I defend issues/situations worth defending. Certainly, not everything each does.
philadelphia-4.png

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
I defend issues/situations worth defending. Certainly, not everything each does. Really, man you're better than this. Try to keep up a little better. It's disappointing.
You are not making sense

Agreed, if they cannot get a top 10 prospect for both Hamels and Paplebon then they lose.

Not really concerned with what they get for JP. Different situation. For Hamels, a team's top 10 isn't good enough. More like two top five guys. Again, it depends where these prospects are ranked. A team like Texas or Boston each have 5-6 top 100 prospects. Where as the Yankkes might only have two. So, getting Texas' #3 or #4 guys is much different than getting the Yankees #3 or #4 players. You feel me?

Nice win for the Phils tonight -- Adam Morgan 6.1 IP, 4 H, 3 BB, 2 ER, 3 K's. Also had a double, his first major league hit, to start the Phillies' 2-run 6th inning off Jose Fernandez. Francoeur hit a 3-run pinch hit HR in the 8th. Franco 1-for-4 with a single, and hit into a bases loaded double play. Garcia, Giles, and Papelbon did the job out of the pen, although Paps did give up a solo shot.

Nice win for the Phils tonight -- Adam Morgan 6.1 IP, 4 H, 3 BB, 2 ER, 3 K's. Also had a double, his first major league hit, to start the Phillies' 2-run 6th inning off Jose Fernandez. Francoeur hit a 3-run pinch hit HR in the 8th. Franco 1-for-4 with a single, and hit into a bases loaded double play. Garcia, Giles, and Papelbon did the job out of the pen, although Paps did give up a solo shot.

Solid post other than Garcia doing the job. Nah, he throws too many sliders instead of that 97 MPH heater.

I think the Phillies are banking on some type of bidding war as the deadline approaches.

Anyone spending their Saturday night checking out the Phils (30-62) and the Stanton-less Marlins (38-52)? Should be a hell of a pitching matchup: Tom Koehler (7-5, 3.40 ERA) vs. Chad Billingsley (1-3, 6.75 ERA).

How about all these stories coming out about the rift between Sandberg and the players? Look, Sandberg is a dud as a manager, but could you imagine taking over this aging group of no-talent j*rkoffs and trying to steer them in the right direction? Impossible task.

Chuck, what are some of the stories? I haven't noticed or caught any.

Horrible team, but equally horrible manager.

When is the 2nd coming of Jordan Zimmermann getting his first start?

it was 2008 and this is just coming out now? They're still talking about it?

Nats been in 1st for a while. The run been going for a few years. Today we called up Ross for another start, I might splash a keyboard. He'll be better than Nola and we picked him up along with Turner for Steven Souza - Rizzo = genius. Phils won't get two players that good for Hamels. Enjoy the rebuild.

Nats been in 1st for a while. The run been going for a few years. Today we called up Ross for another start, I might splash a keyboard. He'll be better than Nola and we picked him up along with Turner for Steven Souza - Rizzo = genius. Phils won't get two players that good for Hamels. Enjoy the rebuild.

And the run always ends with the kids slamming their heads on the dining room table because the roster is comprised of a bunch of bed shitters.

Not sure why I even reply to an obvious troll of a post.

I replied to a troll and you replied to my reply. It's the circle of life on 4.6. However, let's get back to the fact Rizzo got two studs in Ross and Turner for Souza. 5 years from now the Phillies won't have gotten two players as good for Hamels. Ponder that for a moment. Rizzo does as a nothing trade what the Phillies haven't been able to do for a year with a proven stud like Hamels. Must burn. If you have a chance tune in to watch Ross. Kid is a stud.

I replied to a troll and you replied to my reply. It's the circle of life on 4.6. However, let's get back to the fact Rizzo got two studs in Ross and Turner for Souza. 5 years from now the Phillies won't have gotten two players as good for Hamels. Ponder that for a moment. Rizzo does as a nothing trade what the Phillies haven't been able to do for a year with a proven stud like Hamels. Must burn. If you have a chance tune in to watch Ross. Kid is a stud.

Do you mind if I borrow your crystal ball? I like how you can see into the future with so many things.

Nothing the Nats do burns me. Really. Someone has to win this terrible division. Very good staff. Flawed line-up.

I was referring to the Phillies 4 game winning streak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT