ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies

Maybe you move to a town go to a bunch of games and enjoy watching the new local team. Maybe your Dad grew up being a fan of a non local team because he was from a different city then you were born in and you end up liking that team because you watch all the games with your dad. or maybe the Burrs has spoken and non of this matters

Again, to each is own.

I don't think moving to a city, establishing yourself there, and becoming a fan if a team/s there is dumb. That's totally acceptable.

Hilarious. There is nothing more "douchey" than a homer. If you pride yourself on your Philly sports fandom and knowledge, I pride myself on my knowledge, and respect, of different, if not all, teams in every league that I follow - which includes a huge range of global sports.

I liked the teams I wanted to like because of the players and coaches at the time I started following sports - AS A KID - over 30 years ago. I really don't need to apologize for being a "front-running" fan of the Lakers as a 10-year old because I liked to watch Magic Johnson.

Your remarks suggest that your best friendships are defined by your Philly sports fandom, whereas I'm bit more ecclectic than you.

I mean c'mon burrs, you ate a taco for the first time this year.

My taco experience was over a year ago. For the sake of accuracy.

Nah, my friendships were developed via my neighborhood, the teams I played on, and the school's I attended. It had nothing to do with the local professional teams. Like zero! Now, 95% of my buddies all root for the local teams. That's just how we role. We're extremely loyal like that. Look, growing up in the inner-city of Philly and Buffalo (Right?) probably isn't the same. I'll give you that.

Look at the teams you like. It oozes snot-nosed, bratty, front-running fan as a kid, someone who never grew out of it. I get it.

One of the things that really cracks me up on this board is the belief that you have to be this worldly individual to be so good at life. That being a person who loves where they were born and continuing to live there is some sort of character flaw. Laughable.

Dean, not a homer. I can criticize the teams I like. I can also talk reasonably intelligently about other teams and players when needed. I enjoy sports. And can hold my own in any sports related conversation on this board. If I so choose.

Burrs, the point I would make is not that being worldly makes you douchey, is that any worse than believing only your way is the right way. They are equally small-minded as neither side has respect for the other.

Look at the teams you like. It oozes snot-nosed, bratty, front-running fan as a kid, someone who never grew out of it. I get it.

How can you expect a young boy who is a sports fan to "grow out" of teams that keep winning?

Burrsies, the red sawx are one of the most corrupt and intellectually dishonest organizations to their fans as there is. I understand if one lives in Boston, and that's their local team, but as someone who also lives outside of Boston and also dumped that organization I agree with adp. That ownership is despicable.

Burrsies, the red sawx are one of the most corrupt and intellectually dishonest organizations to their fans as there is. I understand if one lives in Boston, and that's their local team, but as someone who also lives outside of Boston and also dumped that organization I agree with adp. That ownership is despicable.

Yawn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT