ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies

Still can't believe after all those pimped HRs not one Phils pitcher would throw inside and move the Mets batters off the plate.

Still can't believe after all those pimped HRs not one Phils pitcher would throw inside and move the Mets batters off the plate.

20100929_dn_Z1ANNS29S.jpg

He wasn't over the top last night. I got the sense that he might have been occupied with something else, but not sure.

He is definitely an interesting character in the Twitter-verse. He and B$ are ranked 1 & 2 with 12-year old type comments concerning their teams.

Lots of "OMG"'s when big plays happen? Think they call siblings too?

Lots of "OMG"'s when big plays happen? Think they call siblings too?

Nah, he was sidetracked last night. Mentioned being distraught over race car driver dying a couple of times. Did have time for a, "David Wright, love that guy" mention. Also, some stuff about clubhouse chemistry. I think in a mocking fashion like someone (media person) suggested that Wright would mess up chemistry. Yea, pretty light night.

The Mets are good and have enough youth in pitching to be good for an extended run like Atlanta. Its going to be a long time before the Phillies can contend again

The Mets are good and have enough youth in pitching to be good for an extended run like Atlanta. Its going to be a long time before the Phillies can contend again

The Mets and Phillies can still be good at the same time. Allow me to point to the NL Central, where three of the better teams in baseball currently reside. The Mets or any other team in the division being good doesn't prevent the Phillies from being good again.

Their pitching is very good, but they'll have to pay them eventually.

The "they will have to pay them eventually" is such a loser mentality. Same thing happened in the Stanley cup thread about the Lightning. So the hope is the other team will eventually get worse and get closer to my looser team?

The "they will have to pay them eventually" is such a loser mentality. Same thing happened in the Stanley cup thread about the Lightning. So the hope is the other team will eventually get worse and get closer to my looser team?

No, it's not a loser mentality at all. The owners have financial issues. Maybe, that gets rectify some as time goes on. I'm not really sure. I just know it's going to be hard to give all of them 25-30 mil per year eventually. And if they are t worth that much, then one of two things happened. One, they aren't as dominant as they are now. Two, injuries happened. But they have some time before they need to worry about that.

Regardless, one team being good in the division won't prevent another team from being good. One has nothing to do with the other.

Oh yea, it's not the same as the TB discussion. One is a cap league. The other routinely rewards good pitchers 150 million dollar deals.

Its a losers mentality because you can't count on someone else getting worse to make yourself better. If that were the case Temple and Rutgers would be world beaters

Its a losers mentality because you can't count on someone else getting worse to make yourself better. If that were the case Temple and Rutgers would be world beaters

No one is counting on that. It was a simple comment. When the Phillies get good again it will be because they have better players.

Phillies-Mets getting a little chippy tonight. Robles quick-pitched Ruf, causing Francouer and Bowa to jump off the bench saying the 'f' word many times. Bowa ended up getting tossed, and then gestured to Daniel Murphy that he was going to get drilled in the ribs with a pitch.

Tom "Tits" McCarthy mentioned that the Murphy thing might be going back to something to do with his home run from last night, but in typical sh*tty-ass-broadcaster style, he does not expain himself further.

Robles quick-pitched last night and struck out Rupp. He did it again sand that's why that exchange happened.

jeez they haven't even won one division title with these guys yet and you got them down for a run of up to 14 in a row. and Harvey and deGrom are already 26 and 27 years old. i'm sure if they get on the Roger Clemens health plan they will still be dominating at 40 and 41 years old.

hawk dog you make a good point. They still need to do it. Its hard not to see that these guys are good though and we have only seen a little of Matz and Wheeler. The Atlanta comment was over the top.

A Ryan Howard error led to an unearned run in a one run loss tonight. BUT HE HIT A HOMER. I miss the days when Arak used to dismiss his obvious decline by admiring his RBI totals.

Is Odubel Herrera just Michael Martinez's real name?

Did the gutless Phils bean anyone tonight? Seems more unwritten rules of beisbol were broken by Los Mets tonight according to some Deadspin article. Bat flips and quick pitches etc. don't tell me the Mets are already puffing their chests and acting like bullys just because they're the tallest midget in the NL East. They're the least retarded competitor at the special Olympics right now.

Not sure if Herrera is an everyday player down the line, but he's a 100 times better than Martinez. If you can't see that then just stop watching.

Odubel Herrera is probably just a distant cousin to Michael Martinez, Abe Nunez, and the Itzuris brothers. They may not be related by blood, but they are related in their inability to hit major league pitching.

Ryan Howard is having a better season than expected. If he was used as a platoon only against RH he would have better numbers. It really has been this way for a couple years. I know his contract is an albatross, but you have to think if an AL team picked him up as a platoon DH he would help them win some games. I am fine with him though, I will never say a bad word about the guy.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Ryan Howard is having a better season than expected. If he was used as a platoon only against RH he would have better numbers. It really has been this way for a couple years. I know his contract is an albatross, but you have to think if an AL team picked him up as a platoon DH he would help them win some games. I am fine with him though, I will never say a bad word about the guy.
I am sure Howard has been put on waivers for the past 3 years. Don't think anyone wants that guy.

Odubel Herrera is probably just a distant cousin to Michael Martinez, Abe Nunez, and the Itzuris brothers. They may not be related by blood, but they are related in their inability to hit major league pitching.

For a kid who never played above AA he has hit just fine. He's shown some flashes. Still a bit raw, but is considerably better than Michael Martinez, who didn't have a ML AB until age 28. Herrera is 23.

It's him. Who the hell else references a claim you made in a hockey thread?

I didn't make that claim. I wasn't even in the TB Lightning salary cap discussion. In fact, Dmil has that discussion with him.

Lingo is not the same. I don't think it's him unless he's taking on a totally different approach. Which if true is downright masterful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT