ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies

Camel toe has yet to really goad adp into any arguements. That also makes it seem like it isn't dmil.

Again, if dmil can go this long without getting into an arguement with adp just so he can conceal his identity, it deserves a cap tip.

Camel toe has yet to really goad adp into any arguements. That also makes it seem like it isn't dmil.

Again, if dmil can go this long without getting into an arguement with adp just so he can conceal his identity, it deserves a cap tip.
Known alts don't goad me. Just ignorant guys from Jersey who act like they are not b+ters.

He looks like Martinez. I have no problems with him. Phils best OF for now. Until Altherr gets a few months in the bigs.

You mean looks like? Or same ability? If it's the latter then you're wrong. Martinez sucked royally. Like more than likely a bottom five Phillie in last 15 years.

I rather Herrera play over Brown and Asche. Altherr should be playing more than them, too.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Can you guys stop sucking and mount some semblance of resistense vs the juggernaut mets?

Burrs---who would you like to see win the division? Mets or Nats? You must pick one.

Reactions: adp98
Burrs---who would you like to see win the division? Mets or Nats? You must pick one.

That's a hell of a question. The Mets players don't bother me that much. I can respect their young arms. I can't stand their greasy fan base. I dislike the underachieving Nats team more. No opinion on their nonexistent fan base.

I guess slight lean to the Mets. It will be fun to watch the Nats come up small again. Put them out of their misery. They'll have new faces and a new manager next year.

Regardless of who it is they would both be ranked 10th on who I'd like to see win of all the playoff teams.

Physical looks. I'm not surprised that you assumed I meant something that you could disagree with.

That's too funny. Like you're not taking the opposite side in 90% of your post. Anyway, my apologies, but your initial post mentioned nothing about looks.

"No opinion on their nonexistent fan base."

Is this the biggest lie you've ever told on BWers?

Other than busting ADP's balls. Otherwise I've always said their fan base was rather weak, but the actual people don't bother me like greasy Mets' fans that infiltrate Philly stadiums in those occasional good years and gobble up every cheesesteak and Schmitter they can get their hands on.

Update on the new Phillies who came over in the Hamels deal:

Nick Williams, OF (Reading): .326 avg, .347 obp, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 2 SB in 92 AB's
Jorge Alfaro, C (Reading): Has not played, ankle injury
Jake Thompson, SP (Reading): 3-1 in 5 starts, 1.97 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, 23 K's in 32 IP
Alec Asher, SP (Lehigh Valley): 2-0 in 4 starts, 2.08 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, 12 K's in 26 IP
Jerad Eichoff, SP (majors): 1-1 in 2 starts, 2.25 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 11 K's in 12 IP (after several good starts in AAA)

not enough innings or at bats to really come to a conclusion but it looks like there is some promise there

Yes, this is the guy who has rules on who is allowed to be a fan of which team.

Yes, this is the guy who has rules on who is allowed to be a fan of which team.

Switching teams in your 30's is dumb. But it was dumb you were a Red Soc fan when growing up in Pittsburgh. Yea, you're a major rule breaker.

Anyway, generally speaking Nats' fans don't bother me. I barely notice them, actually.

I read an ESPN Crasnick article on Phillies. Here's my favorite quote.

"that organization is a gold mine," said one competing executive. "Look at the ballpark. Look at the spring training facility. Look at the television deal. This is a goose that's going to lay a golden egg. No wonder Andy MacPhail came out of retirement."

It's dumb to think for you self - burrs.

No one did any thinking for me. It just came natural to support the teams where I lived. I have always enjoyed sharing this experience with friends and others in the community. I have enjoyed having all the information about said teams easily at my disposal. Nevrvneeded to be that snot-nose brat who had to be different than everyone else and follow different teams throughout the country. Weird.

No one did any thinking for me. It just came natural to support the teams where I lived. I have always enjoyed sharing this experience with friends and others in the community. I have enjoyed having all the information about said teams easily at my disposal. Nevrvneeded to be that snot-nose brat who had to be different than everyone else and follow different teams throughout the country. Weird.

You mean like on the interwebs?

For the record I called the mets winning this division. I didn't do it since 2011 like dickhead nardi but I called it.

So your experience is the only one that isn't dumb? Seems a hit ignorant to hold that view.

So your experience is the only one that isn't dumb? Seems a hit ignorant to hold that view.

Yep. When it comes to this concept. I'll never understand people who were born and live in towns with professional teams and root for teams from other places. Bizarre to me.

Anyhow, we've been over this. Your Nats' fandom is fine. You have established a residence there for a number of years. It's waiting for them to get respectable to finally jump on board that gets questioned. Also, it's strange to me that you invested years in being a Red Sox fan then decide one day to stop.

When it comes to this concept. I'll never understand people who were born and live in towns with professional teams and root for teams from other places. Bizarre to me..

Maybe the team sucks and you just don't want to root for them.
Maybe you like another team's players and coaches better.
Maybe the home city is a miserable place and the local sports teams are meaningless to you
Maybe you want to have the power to like the team you want without your family or community influencing your decision.
Maybe you don't want to associate with people in your community who like the "home team." -

(con't) Maybe they are f*cking annoying, and it makes you feel better when the home team loses so that you can laugh in their faces while your team is winning.

Yep. When it comes to this concept. I'll never understand people who were born and live in towns with professional teams and root for teams from other places. Bizarre to me.

Anyhow, we've been over this. Your Nats' fandom is fine. You have established a residence there for a number of years. It's waiting for them to get respectable to finally jump on board that gets questioned. Also, it's strange to me that you invested years in being a Red Sox fan then decide one day to stop.
I understand that you might find something strange. Persknally, having a team exec leak stuff to the media about their managers divorce and imply he's a pill popper all after he delivers the franchise it's first two titles on 90 years is despicable. You can turn a blind eye and find these things strange. I want more from the people who own-run their franchises. Providin those types of organizations blind loyalty is strange to me. However l, unlike you, Ilrespect the fact people make decisions for reasons that mater to them. Someday you might evolve to that point.

Maybe the team sucks and you just don't want to root for them.
Maybe you like another team's players and coaches better.
Maybe the home city is a miserable place and the local sports teams are meaningless to you
Maybe you want to have the power to like the team you want without your family or community influencing your decision.
Maybe you don't want to associate with people in your community who like the "home team." -

(con't) Maybe they are f*cking annoying, and it makes you feel better when the home team loses so that you can laugh in their faces while your team is winning.

And maybe you're a dumb front-running sports fan who probably had no friends growing up because you tried so hard to be different than everyone else. Probably the dude who would take his ball with him when called for dinner.

Being of fan of different teams around the country is the exception not the rule. And more times than not signifies some sort of douchey quality.

Last edited:
I understand that you might find something strange. Persknally, having a team exec leak stuff to the media about their managers divorce and imply he's a pill popper all after he delivers the franchise it's first two titles on 90 years is despicable. You can turn a blind eye and find these things strange. I want more from the people who own-run their franchises. Providin those types of organizations blind loyalty is strange to me. However l, unlike you, Ilrespect the fact people make decisions for reasons that mater to them. Someday you might evolve to that point.

Not blind loyalty. I question decisions that every CoP franchise makes. I understand that mistakes are going to be made. That there are going to be down years. That titles are going to be few and far between. I get all that. I'm proud of where I come from and I feel fortunate that the people here have four franchises to cheer on. It's a unique situation that is only available in a handful of places. I like sharing in the few good moments with family and friends. I like having the stadiums within a half-hour ride if I choose to attend a game. I like all of the coverage right at my fingertips. I like all of the games being on TV. I don't want to be the douchebag in the bar rooting for some team halfway across the country. It's so friggin stupid to me. To each is own, but I'll just never get it.

So, some goofy exec leaks things to the media and this upsets you to thexpointvof disowning the team you supposedly loved watching growing up? What about all of the good experiences you had with that team? They just go away because you find some convenient excuse to start liking another team. Oh yea, but not until the writing is on the wall that said team might turn the corner after a bunch of high picks following awful seasons when you ignored the team. Got it.

You create new experiences. For me, the experience is with the people yoy vare about not the team who cares nothing for you. It's very easy with an open mind. College loyalty is different for me. It's also nice to be. 5 minute ride from my office to the stadium, agree on that part.

Last edited:
You create new experiences. It's very easy with an open mind. It's also nice to be. 5 minute ride from my office to the stadium, agree on that part.

Again, your current Nats' fandom is acceptable :)

And spare with the new experiences nonsense. You can follow the same team and have new, different experiences. You can visit other ballparks and enjoy that experience. You can respect and enjoy watching great players on other teams all without changing the team that you invested a significant part of your life to.

Maybe you move to a town go to a bunch of games and enjoy watching the new local team. Maybe your Dad grew up being a fan of a non local team because he was from a different city then you were born in and you end up liking that team because you watch all the games with your dad. or maybe the Burrs has spoken and non of this matters

And maybe you're a dumb front-running sports fan who probably had no friends growing up because you tried so hard to be different than everyone else. Probably the dude who would take his ball with him when called for dinner.

Being of fan of different teams around the country is the exception not the rule. And more times than not signifies some sort of douchey quality.

Hilarious. There is nothing more "douchey" than a homer. If you pride yourself on your Philly sports fandom and knowledge, I pride myself on my knowledge, and respect, of different, if not all, teams in every league that I follow - which includes a huge range of global sports.

I liked the teams I wanted to like because of the players and coaches at the time I started following sports - AS A KID - over 30 years ago. I really don't need to apologize for being a "front-running" fan of the Lakers as a 10-year old because I liked to watch Magic Johnson.

Your remarks suggest that your best friendships are defined by your Philly sports fandom, whereas I'm bit more ecclectic than you.

I mean c'mon burrs, you ate a taco for the first time this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT