ADVERTISEMENT

Roll The Tanks Back Out

If only there was a website where you could type in a few key words and look things up. Maybe it would even rank current news stories about the keywords at the top of the results. Will have to present this idea to Shoop at our next Entrepreneurial Club meeting.

Ok, I'll google it. Thanks for being a reasonable guy and telling me where you read and who wrote it. Your streak of being a dick continues.

This guys are a bunch of snake oil salesman. They are crushing it financially. This is what they do for a living. Don't trust it. I've hit the point. You'll get there eventually...or maybe you and Burrs won't. I'd embrace the fact these guys aren't playing with your best interests as a fan in mind. Hinkie is the master. As Rasheed would say, CTC; Cut the Check.

Who said tell them everything? How about just trying to compete. This will go down similar to our debates on Nick Foles. Eventually you'll see I was right. You'll get there later than most.

Yea, because you're always right.

See, Ian Desmond.

Beat it.

Where was I wrong on Desmond? I said I'd never pay the guy. He had a horrible season and it cost him money. If he hit his normal 20+ HR's he'd get $100 million. He choked, not me.

Where was I wrong on Desmond? I said I'd never pay the guy. He had a horrible season and it cost him money. If he hit his normal 20+ HR's he'd get $100 million. He choked, not me.

Please, stop. There were no ifs......you guaranteed it.

Yea, you said he wasn't coming back to WAS, but everyone knew that.

I said I'd never pay him and I pity the team that does. I also said someone will give him $100 million because he hits 20+ HR's. He's blown. I'm not owning that one. I'm wrong all the time but this wasn't an instance. I've had Desmond pegged for a long time. Great guy but I can't wait until he's gone. He'd look good in Shea.

I said I'd never pay him and I pity the team that does. I also said someone will give him $100 million because he hits 20+ HR's. He's blown. I'm not owning that one. I'm wrong all the time but this wasn't an instance. I've had Desmond pegged for a long time. Great guy but I can't wait until he's gone. He'd look good in Shea.

And you also said someone will give him 100+ to be their shortstop.

I'm pretty sure others remember it the way I do.

Yes, that is accurate. I said if he has his normal production he'll get paid. No question that was my position.

The reason you were saying that he would get $100M from someone is because you assumed he would keep producing at the same rate, which of course he hasn't even come close to doing. C'mon adp. This is almost equal to burrs' sticking to his "Jordan Zimmermann has not been a #1" routine.

Yes, that is accurate. I said if he has his normal production he'll get paid. No question that was my position.

I told you he sucked and no one going to pay him that much to be their SS. You said, yes they would.

There were no qualifiers.

That is accurate and I said the reason was because he hits 20+ HR's at a key position. We both agreed he sucked. Let's be accurate here. That's how it went down. Z is correct, I assumed and stated normal production, noting I felt he sucked and couldn't wait for him to go. I don't see that as me being wrong whereas Burrs with the Zimmermann thing was entirely wrong. However, to demonstrate my confidence in my own views I"m willing to accept the ruling of the board in this case. The chips and Nick Foles deep throws will fall where they'll fall.

There were no qualifiers. Please, stop it.

You guaranteed that some team would pay him 20+ mil per and told me to wait and see. And now you're throwing in all of these, if he does XYZ he'll get it.

Furthermore, you never said he sucked. You defended his terrible fielding with, "He always starts off slow defensively...."

You did say he wasn't coming back, but that was after WAS offered him a generous deal/extension to stay and he shot it down. So, we all knew that. And in hindsight I'm sure genius Rizzo is glad he turned that down.

Where's Lowry at to clear this up?

As much as we are all over the place, one constant remains: Burrs bending over backwards to make elaborate excuses for every move that CoP sports front office execs make.

Not bending over backwards. I don't like how this Embiid situation is being handled. I just watched a video of him from last night walking around with no limp, no boot, etc. Surgery was supposed to happen in 7-10 days. That was ten days ago.

Oh yea, I googled using those words. Nothing came up. Just give me the name and publication and I'll find what you mentioned earlier. If it's not too much trouble.

Bob Cooney. Said the Sixers are or have been lying and he has no clue why. Embiid appeared to be healthy before and after. Never wearing a boot or limping. Seemingly doing fine in practices. Okafor admitted knowing about it for weeks.

For a team that seemingly cares more about winning the PR war than putting a functioning team on the court. Exactly.

Bob Cooney. Said the Sixers are or have been lying and he has no clue why. Embiid appeared to be healthy before and after. Never wearing a boot or limping. Seemingly doing fine in practices. Okafor admitted knowing about it for weeks.

I've mentioned this stuff plenty of times since the news of another surgery came out. Stating that questions needed to be answered.

I'm not sure Cooney has actually said they are liars or are lying. Though, he may be implying it.

Nardi, Deadspin has hard on for Himkie. There stories are always one way.

I've mentioned this stuff plenty of times since the news of another surgery came out. Stating that questions needed to be answered.

I'm not sure Cooney has actually said they are liars or are lying. Though, he may be implying it.

Nardi, Burrs has hard on for all things Philly. His defense is always one way.

Fixed

Wow, TMZ is involved. They filmed him in LA with John Wall walking again with no boot and getting Chinese food. Wall was actually trying to shield him for the cameras. This is really a mockery of a situation. Again, I would love the honest truth as to what is really going on. I know it won't happen though.

That's the video of mentioned. The dopey TMZ reporter asks JE what he thought of the Ty Lawson situation. What a dope!

I actually posted a link.

Thanks Just saw it.

Again, he was running up steps to the concourse in Vegas last week. There is zero chance he rebroke the foot. I have no idea anymore what the truth really is about his so called injury but don't believe for a minute he broke it again

With bones in your foot you could absolutely have a break and not have any clue. I'm not saying he did or did not. However, it's not crazy to say a guy had a broken bone and didn't know it. Note, not saying that did or did not happen with Embiid. It's not like breaking your femur.

With bones in your foot you could absolutely have a break and not have any clue. I'm not saying he did or did not. However, it's not crazy to say a guy had a broken bone and didn't know it. Note, not saying that did or did not happen with Embiid. It's not like breaking your femur.

My point is if that were true, there is no way he is not in a boot and especially no way he is running up steps.

Maybe they didn't know/weren't sure the bone was broken at that time? It's clear I"m not defending the Sixers. However, my only point is you can have a broken bone in your foot and not know it. Now you'd think with an 8 figure investment you'd know these things. Separate debate? That's about competency, we're debating truthfulness.

Again, there is so much speculation out there that it's impossible to decipher what's true or not. So, they need to get their asses in front of the cameras and explain it to people. Until that happens they deserve all the criticism that comes their way about this issue.

I understand why hockey teams go with the generic lower body injury to hide injury details, but that is when they are still playing. Sixers aren't going to put themselves at a competitive disadvantage if they provide more disclosure about the injury. Season is over, draft is over, it's time to give the fan base a few nuggets of info.

I understand why hockey teams go with the generic lower body injury to hide injury details, but that is when they are still playing. Sixers aren't going to put themselves at a competitive disadvantage if they provide more disclosure about the injury. Season is over, draft is over, it's time to give the fan base a few nuggets of info.

Agree

Maybe they didn't know/weren't sure the bone was broken at that time? It's clear I"m not defending the Sixers. However, my only point is you can have a broken bone in your foot and not know it. Now you'd think with an 8 figure investment you'd know these things. Separate debate? That's about competency, we're debating truthfulness.

I understand what you're saying, but when they noticed that, "it wasn't healing right" then wouldn't they see a break? Maybe, they wanted second, third, fourth opinions, and didn't want to call it that at that time, which is fine. But now a reporter is saying he re-broke it and your organization cones off less than honest. So, get out in front of it and provide explanation.

We agree. Note, you can tell something might not be healing right and not know it's broken. And none of this would be such a big deal if this Sixer front office didn't operate like complete and total douche bags in just about everything they do.

The question is: How would it benefit the 76ers to present things like this?

The draft occurred during the period that Embiid was "healing slowly". Did they want Okafor all along and not want to reveal that they were more likely to draft a third big man that otherwise thought?

The question is: How would it benefit the 76ers to present things like this?

The draft occurred during the period that Embiid was "healing slowly". Did they want Okafor all along and not want to reveal that they were more likely to draft a third big man that otherwise thought?

Reasonable...

I have no idea what to believe here. It's broken again, it's not broken, he has no pain, no it's broken. Dude was spotted running up and down steps at Summer League in sneakers and he's got a broken foot? OK?

I smell some serious bullsh*t here. Perhaps the NBA is/was considering sanctions of some sort against the Sixers for shelving Embiid again when some doctors seemed to believe he could play this yr, so they leaked this "oh yeah he broke his foot again" info to get the league off their backs. This is a mess.

I don't know how much credibility to place in reports of him running around. I imagine that I ssues like this can yield just generalized non-crippling pain but be unstable long term. There are plenty of injuries that you can walk around with but need major surgery on if you want to play 82 games at a high level.

As a Sixers fan, I don't really care if Embiid isn't playing this upcoming season. I'd love to see him play but at this point I'm not expecting him too. I still support Hinkie's plan and I like the current roster and see some potential. Clearly it has room to grow but Hinkie has acquired enough picks and cap room to grow it over the next few seasons.

However, I do not like the lack of transparency with Embiid's injury. I get playing it close to the vest until you absolutely know how the injury is, if there is a new injury, how long recovery is, changes of re-aggravation, etc. but at this point how do they not know these things? How have they not had a press conference? It better be because they're waiting on the surgery and the results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT