ADVERTISEMENT

Roll The Tanks Back Out

I wouldn't call Duncan unathletic. I just don't think he relies on that to be effective. Is he D. Jordan, B. Griffin, A. Davis, etc in routinely hanging on the rim and quickly getting down the court? No. That's what people mean. He's been great based on savvy, smarts, great footwork & positioning, and sticking with his strengths.
Again, Duncan was a swimmer, soccer player. Yes, he doesn't jump out of the gym so some people get confused. The guy is as fluid as they come at 7'1. Why he was such a great shot blocker/rebounder.

So he'll be a below average player in rebounding and defense and above average offensively. That my friends is not worth tanking. And that's the problem. See, the entire "plan" is based on he and Embiid being an elite players. Neither have played one minute and two Sixer fans already know neither will be that kind of player. So why sugarcoat it?

No, we don't know what he'll be. He's friggin 19. What we know now is that he's well advanced offensively for a 19-year 6'11 kid. We also know he needs improve his rebounding and defense. Via coaching, experience, and hard work the latter two can be better than below average.

Why do we have to label him now?

No, we don't know what he'll be. He's friggin 19. What we know now is that he's well advanced offensively for a 19-year 6'11 kid. We also know he needs improve his rebounding and defense. Via coaching, experience, and hard work the latter two can be better than below average.

I know, people on here comparing him to Duncan. I love the CoP.

Because you can't teach a kid to be better athletically.

Again, Duncan was a swimmer, soccer player. Yes, he doesn't jump out of the gym so some people get confused. The guy is as fluid as they come at 7'1. Why he was such a great shot blocker/rebounder.

J. Okafor doesn't have to mimic Tim Duncan to have a productive and successful career. I already said I don't compare the two. I view Duncan as a top 10 player of all-time.

J. Okafor doesn't have to mimic Tim Duncan to have a productive and successful career. I already said I don't compare the two. I view Duncan as a top 10 player of all-time.
Agree. However, we weren't tanking for a productive career. So let's not try and shift the goalposts here. Remember, we tanked for elite talent. Of which, it sounds you've already conceded Okafor is not.

Because you can't teach a kid to be better athletically.

Which is why defensively he may max out at being average.

How many rebounds does he need average to be considered a good rebounders?

How many players are elite on both ends?

Tim Duncan was elite on both ends. So let's stop the comparisons.

Agree. However, we weren't tanking for a productive career. So let's not try and shift the goalposts here. Remember, we tanked for elite talent. Of which, it sounds you've already conceded Okafor is not.

No one is moving anything. They took who they thought was the best player at #3. What else could they have done?

Did you watch D. Russell play in the SL? Impressed? Is he a whirlwind athletically? Do you have same concerns?

Some clown did earlier in this thread, something about shooting %'s. Don't feel like sifting through to look. I am sure if you do a "control f" you could find it.

So one poster means it's the entire CoP. You're routinely guilty of taking a comment or two and pinning it on an entire fan base. Not fair.

Jesus i didnt even read all this but all i said was that Okafor and Duncan had similar shooting touch from the floor. When you're that big, even having above average touch is huge. This is Okafor's biggest strength, but he shares none of Duncan's 30 other qualities which make him an all time great.

I wanted Hezonja from March on. Mudiay looks like he will be really solid, but I'd still prefer Hezonja. Hoping Kristaps plays well just to eliminate the fear of drafting a euro top 5. He certainly isn't soft.

Serh Curry looked great too - would be nice if he could just not have to sit next to his oarents watching his brother in the playoffs every year while people tweet at him about his hot mom. Has to be miserable.

There's some interesting speculation going on about when the Sixers knew that Embiid had re-broken his bone as opposed to "less healing than expected had occurred". And did they intentionally do things (and encourage him to do things) publicly to mislead others about his status? Troubling news especially in light of their penalty for lying about Holliday's injury. What else* are they lying about?

*Other than their Marlins-style roster management and revenue share theft.

The speculation comes from the team not addressing this properly. There needs to be a press conference after this next surgery. With doctors on hand. So many questions need to be asked and answered. John Gonzalez wrote a good piece yesterday on this very subject. He listed a bunch of questions and all of them are ones that I have, and I'm sure others, have wondered about throughout this process. There no reason to be so secretive, especially when you have continually asked your fan base to be so patient.

There is a clear track record of hinkie being borderline obsessed-belecheatian regarding injuries and any info. Its more of this smartest guy in the room, paranoid way the Sixers are being run. Funny part with all the secrecy and plans, hinkie is failing and looking like am amateur along the way.

Integrity.. not part of the process

I think the Holiday stuff is BS. NO conducted a physical for the trade to go through. The Sixers denied they hid anything.

Also, a lot of the Embiid stuff is speculation. However, if you come forward and address it, then much of that gets cleared up. If you don't, then you're opened to more criticism and continued speculation.

I think the Holiday stuff is BS. NO conducted a physical for the trade to go through. The Sixers denied they hid anything.

Also, a lot of the Embiid stuff is speculation. However, if you come forward and address it, then much of that gets cleared up. If you don't, then you're opened to more criticism and continued speculation.

Bro, you don't have to defend them on EVERYTHING. The NBA showed that the Sixers had Holliday playing on a leg with stress reaction prior to trading him. That's not something that will necessarily show up in a medical exam. They failed to disclose that crucial piece of his medical history. Then he misses most of a season because of it.

The Embiid stuff is more than speculation given the timing of it near the draft.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
Bro, you don't have to defend them on EVERYTHING. The NBA showed that the Sixers had Holliday playing on a leg with stress reaction prior to trading him. That's not something that will necessarily show up in a medical exam. They failed to disclose that crucial piece of his medical history. Then he misses most of a season because of it.

The Embiid stuff is more than speculation given the timing of it near the draft.

Ok, doctor ND.

Two sides to every story. You choose to believe the other every time.

And I'm not defending them on not being completely transparent on some of the Embiid stuff. They need to be out front here. There's a criticism.

I think you would have been better off just admitting the Sixers did this one. It would make you look a little more unlike matty17.

Ok, doctor ND.

Two sides to every story. You choose to believe the other every time.

What do you mean doctor ND? Are you saying you've been a high school athletics hanger-on for 20 years and never heard anything about stress fractures?

And why is it outrageous for me to believe what the NBA investigated and ruled upon? They have documentation of what was disclosed and documentation of what was known and not disclosed. Yet you're putting on your tinfoil hat and ignoring those facts.

What do you mean doctor ND? Are you saying you've been a high school athletics hanger-on for 20 years and never heard anything about stress fractures?

And why is it outrageous for me to believe what the NBA investigated and ruled upon? They have documentation of what was disclosed and documentation of what was known and not disclosed. Yet you're putting on your tinfoil hat and ignoring those facts.
It's too early to analyse the facts.

Reactions: NickleDimer
And did they intentionally do things (and encourage him to do things) publicly to mislead others about his status?

I'm curious to where you got this from. I'd like to read about this theory. Can you share?

I'm curious to where you got this from. I'd like to read about this theory. Can you share?

If only there was a website where you could type in a few key words and look things up. Maybe it would even rank current news stories about the keywords at the top of the results. Will have to present this idea to Shoop at our next Entrepreneurial Club meeting.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
If only there was a website where you could type in a few key words and look things up. Maybe it would even rank current news stories about the keywords at the top of the results. Will have to present this idea to Shoop at our next Entrepreneurial Club meeting.

Can someone explain the following: Why has Embid felt NO pain for months? Why was Embid dominating five on five in LA just prior to the news of the CT scan? Why has he not worn a boot for months and months except a few days in April? Why was he in NO boot last week in Vegas jumping up and down cheering for the summer league 76ers and shooting shots as well? Why is he hesitating on the surgery maybe because he feels great and doesn't want it? Maybe a few doctors besides the others told him he could try and play?

Something is simply not right about this. It smells to high heaven. What the hell is going on? Anyone? Maybe its time for the organization and Embidd too come totally clean on this?

Maybe they aren't trying to win games and being overly cautious because this year doesn't matter. The specific goal is to lose as many games as possible so doesn't this course of action seem consistent with that approach? Especially if they didn't love the guards in the draft and were hoping to convince a team to come up and trade for the #3 pick on what was considered a 3-4 man draft? Oh wait, the Sixers aren't tanking this season.

Maybe they aren't trying to win games and being overly cautious because this year doesn't matter. The specific goal is to lose as many games as possible so doesn't this course of action seem consistent with that approach? Especially if they didn't love the guards in the draft and were hoping to convince a team to come up and trade for the #3 pick on what was considered a 3-4 man draft? Oh wait, the Sixers aren't tanking this season.

There is no doubt they are being very cautious but they do need to at least address the so "re-breaking" of the foot. Why is he not in considerable pain and not in a boot at least?

The Sixers have proven they don't "have" to do anything. They have pissed on their fans and told them it's raining for two years. You guys defend them. Why would you expect them to change course and owes you something now? All part of the "process" or "plan".

Reactions: cleanwave
There is no doubt they are being very cautious but they do need to at least address the so "re-breaking" of the foot. Why is he not in considerable pain and not in a boot at least?

Oh, by the way, he was seen running up steps by everyone out in Vegas last week as well. I am sure that was a great idea if the foot was really broken?

The Sixers have proven they don't "have" to do anything. They have pissed on their fans and told them it's raining for two years. You guys defend them. Why would you expect them to change course and owes you something now? All part of the "process" or "plan".

Most professional teams don't tell their fans everything. It's stupid a lot of the time, but nature of the beast.

This guys are a bunch of snake oil salesman. They are crushing it financially. This is what they do for a living. Don't trust it. I've hit the point. You'll get there eventually...or maybe you and Burrs won't. I'd embrace the fact these guys aren't playing with your best interests as a fan in mind. Hinkie is the master. As Rasheed would say, CTC; Cut the Check.
Most professional teams don't tell their fans everything. It's stupid a lot of the time, but nature of the beast.
Who said tell them everything? How about just trying to compete. This will go down similar to our debates on Nick Foles. Eventually you'll see I was right. You'll get there later than most.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT