ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers Draft/Trade Rumors

Korkmaz camp very upset he was drafted that low. Apparently he was given assurances in the top 16. Which is why he kept his name in the draft. Cost him a couple million dollars. Sounds like he's wavering on coming over.

Luwawu is coming.
Korkmaz camp can suck off. Join the legion of NBA "camps" where their kid got drafted too low. It's an excuse. If they want to come over the kid will take the guaranteed millions. This is pure PR garbage.

Interesting. I wonder if his spot on the Olympic team is due to an agreement with the Colangelo's to sign with the Sixers?

I'd be good with that signing. Sign Eric Gordon to a 3 year 13 million per year deal and Lin to a 3 year 10 million per year deal. Go all in on guards in next year's draft.

had a bad finals, probably at his best as a small ball 4. just like simmons and saric if he's coming over (have lost interest personally)

but by all means overpay for him just to signal that you're trying. good draft, but bryan colangelo is still a putz. they're going to trade noel for something dumb, and do other dumb things

Reactions: tomjackleman
i think i should get something like a royalty check every time somebody says "20 and 10" in reference to okafor

he scores and he's big, so let's just pretend that he rebounds

pretty sure there have been a lot more rookies who have averaged 17 points than have averaged 2 steals and 2 blocks

they're both unique players to a degree, but okafor is uniquely anachronistic, bad, and useless

had a bad finals, probably at his best as a small ball 4. just like simmons and saric if he's coming over (have lost interest personally)

but by all means overpay for him just to signal that you're trying. good draft, but bryan colangelo is still a putz. they're going to trade noel for something dumb, and do other dumb things

JG, pretty much impossible to find a GM that hasn't done some dumb stuff over time, right?

You're worked up over Noel. You might be onto something, too. I agree with you in not wanting to trade him. But in the meantime no sense in getting bent out of shape about something that might not happen either.

Every time a rumor involving the Sixers comes out I start reading people losing their shit, especially the zealot, hipster Hinkie crew. Whether it be Teague rumors, Rose rumors, the draft, etc. people start going nuts. However, none of that happened and the draft went well, IMO. Better off just waiting for stuff to happen and then react. But that's just me.

I wouldn't mind Barnes. I think it's possible that he's capable of more not playing with 3 All-Stars. He can defend multiple positions and potentially a 40% guy from arc.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
i would imagine he'll shoot significantly worse not knowing exactly where/when a lot of his shots are coming, and not playing with, at times, three elite passers on the floor in curry, green, and iguodala. he's been a cog in a wheel there--not the engine

people rationalize the impending disastrous noel trade by saying you can't extend noel at max money to be a backup (to a guy who has yet to play a single minute)

well, he's a better player than barnes, whether he's starting or not. and they'd have to offer barnes the max to have him even consider coming here. typical shortsighted stupidity

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
i would imagine he'll shoot significantly worse not knowing exactly where/when a lot of his shots are coming, and not playing with, at times, three elite passers on the floor in curry, green, and iguodala. he's been a cog in a wheel there--not the engine

people rationalize the impending disastrous noel trade by saying you can't extend noel at max money to be a backup (to a guy who has yet to play a single minute)

well, he's a better player than barnes, whether he's starting or not. and they'd have to offer barnes the max to have him even consider coming here. typical shortsighted stupidity

We can sit back and pick apart every rumor, idea they might have, moves they actually make, etc. That's inevitable. I don't think perfect construction of this team exists and it seems that's what everyone wants. Is it feasible?

What are they suppose to do? (Besides move Okafor for a bag of balls) who should they target? How should they get to the salary floor?

Valid points about Barnes, but maybe he expands his game with added responsibility? He's only 24.

People are going to bitch no matter who the Sixers max this year, if anyone. Because whoever it is won't be a star. Tons of dudes across the league will get stupid ass contracts with this crazy cap situation. Sixers have to spend like 40M just to get to the damn salary floor.

Read an article/theory the other day suggesting that Barnes making the Olympic team was a Colangelo favor and in return he'd consider the Sixers. Not sure how realistic the theory or pursuit is.
Harrison Barnes is not signing with philly. Everyone has money, he will have better options. Sixers get him then I agree forget the number, they have to reach the floor. I think of less for Barnes not philly. You have to spend the money. I'm fine over paying. Let's build something. I don't care what they make.

Harrison Barnes is not signing with philly. Everyone has money, he will have better options. Sixers get him then I agree forget the number, they have to reach the floor. I think of less for Barnes not philly. You have to spend the money. I'm fine over paying. Let's build something. I don't care what they make.

No one said he was. Stein reported they will pursue and some other guy wrote about some conspiracy theory with him making U.S. team.

What makes it possible is that he's not at the top of the food chain of coveted guys this summer and the Sixers are one of a few teams without an obvious headliner. So, teams might spend someplace else and others might not want to pay him that max if he's not the best player on their team. He might welcome the option of being a team's "headliner" At least until Simmons fulfills that role somewhere down the line.

Sixers may be the only team actually willing to give him the max. So don't be shocked if it happens.

I could see it Philly offering the max. They need to spend. Hence, I would think less of Barnes than Philly. I think it would be hard to get a guy who started in last two finals to Philly. He'll get paid regardless.

Everyone has cash to burn now. Outside of 1-2 teams. The question is - just how greedy is Barnes? He's already won. I'm guessing his bank account comes before anything else at this point.

Everyone has cash to burn now. Outside of 1-2 teams. The question is - just how greedy is Barnes? He's already won. I'm guessing his bank account comes before anything else at this point.

I also think a chance to not just be a role player and create his own niche in the league might be important to him. He's only 24 and this won't be his last significant contract, so producing better individual numbers might override going to a contender or next tier type team where he'll be no better than #2 or #3 option.

Reactions: obriend1
He's raise is still slotted by the CBA. The numbers won't be that different.

He's raise is still slotted by the CBA. The numbers won't be that different.

His max will be 23 mil (25% of 92 mil cap for 0-6 year player). However, I read that in 17-18 23 mil this year will be about 15.4 mil in that year.

I still think GS has good chance to resign. Unless they land Durant.

Barnes to Sixers with Embiid and Simmons is just like Horace Grant leaving the Bulls to join Shaq and Penny. (Sarcastic font)

i was under the impression that being under the salary floor results in nothing but the amount of the shortfall being distributed evenly among the players on the roster

Reactions: NickleDimer
i was under the impression that being under the salary floor results in nothing but the amount of the shortfall being distributed evenly among the players on the roster

This is true. Except for the fact that the cap is gonna be 110M in 2017 and they're currently at about HALF that. They won't even be REMOTELY approaching the floor if they don't start paying people. It's ok to not be at the floor. It's not OK to be nowhere near it.

Good way to get Korkmaz and Saric in line if so

Not how it works. Not with Korkmaz anyway. Sixers can only pay 650K of his player option to buy him out this year with where he was drafted. Which means the player has to front the other 1.35M to get out of his contract. That's not happening. Korkmaz WANTS to come over this year but expected to be taken about 10 spots higher in which case a team could've bought out closer to his entire deal and the player would only have to front a couple hundred thousand or so. Not almost 1.5M.

Not how it works. Not with Korkmaz anyway. Sixers can only pay 650K of his player option to buy him out this year with where he was drafted. Which means the player has to front the other 1.35M to get out of his contract. That's not happening. Korkmaz WANTS to come over this year but expected to be taken about 10 spots higher in which case a team could've bought out closer to his entire deal and the player would only have to front a couple hundred thousand or so. Not almost 1.5M.

But his buyout could include being paid in installments. Whatever that means. Not sure if it will matter, but that part of it could make it easier.

Yea, but I'm not sure any team or the league want them to be reaching the floor by paying their roster 40 million at year's end.

Reports saying the Sixers are one of two teams interested in Dion Waiters. Please, no.

No need to get fooled by his somewhat decent play for OKC during the playoffs. On that team he has no other choice but to fall in line. On a team like Sixers he more than likely be a pig. I liked him on college, but he thinks he's way better than he really is.

Oh yea, the other team showing interest in Sacramento. Tells me all that I need to know. I'm hoping BC is just driving up the price, so SAC uses all of their space on him and tgat swap next year gets even juicier.

Reactions: obriend1
Crabbe had a very good year for Portland. They didn't have the year they had just with Lillard and CJ doing everything. Other guys had to have good seasons. Crabbe was their third guy. I like him. I don't think you have to go over 60 for him tho but I could be wrong.

Hollis Thompson's option picked up. No guarantee he's still on the team.

Who are the locks out of guys from last year and draft picks to be on roster? Not counting potential trade options.

Locks/Not counting trades:
Simmons
Embiid
Noel
Okafor
Covington
Grant
Stauskas
Holmes
Landry

Probably:
Saric
Luwawu
Thompson

Unlikely:
Korkmaz
Canaan
McConnell
Marshall

The only two players I don't believe couldn't be in a trade are Simmons and Embiid, maybe Saric.

We need another guard. Also think they could resign Ish Smith.

ADP, I like to see 3-4 additional names not listed above. Not sure who, but different. I think Smith is less than 50/50, but still possible.

They are gonna bring in someone noteworthy on the wing. Be it Clarkson, Fournier, Barnes, Beal or Crabbe. My thinking is they will go stop-gap at point guard, try and find a 2-year option like Lin or Beverly while they draft their future PG next yr with their pick, the Kings pick or the Lakers pick. Dennis Smith, Markelle Fultz, DeAaron Fox, Lonzo Ball, gonna be a good PG draft.

Bring Ish Smith back on a 1 yr deal as a backup. No more than 2 yrs. Get McConnell and Canaan outta here. I suppose if Ish is gone Canaan would be OK as the backup PG.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT