ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers Draft/Trade Rumors

I really never used the word process all that much. There were/are far greater versions of a Hinkie zealot than me. You should check these cats out for a really good laugh.

Also, something else I don't understand about this place. Yea, you throw out a playful jab about the Colangelo's. I get it. But how come when one is thrown back it's a big deal and that poster is defensive? I have never quite understood this. And not just directed at you Dmil.
You were a fully on-board process fanboy. Spare us the revisionist history. Just because you layered on your typical hedging doesn't mean you didn't defend everything he did. Stop playing the victim around here where everyone is mean to you and "defensive".

Building block is probably better than any current Sixer. Fact. Not here to say he's been great, he hasn't. But I didn't brig him up, and if you are going to toss this phrase out ad nauseam, don't get so prickly when it applies to your own little sandbox. No need. The lengths to defend the process simply know no end. And it's still a valid question. 20 years of GM'ing. What has BC ever won?

Are you f'n kidding me.

So, too soon to tell?

Also, have Ive been on here puffing my chest out about either Colangelo?

You're the one that took offense to Phil stealing money for the next five years thought.
It's not his money. You are very clear on that defense, no need to bring it up.

Are you f'n kidding me.

About what? Zinger being better than any Sixer? No.

Asking what B. Colangalo has won in 20 years as a GM in the league? No, I'm not kidding. I can answer it for you. Not much. It's just a simple statement of fact based upon his past. It's asked of certain GCitW teams and players all the time. Can we not ask this now?

About what? Zinger being better than any Sixer? No.

Asking what B. Colangalo has won in 20 years as a GM in the league? No, I'm not kidding. I can answer it for you. Not much. It's just a simple statement of fact based upon his past. It's asked of certain GCitW teams and players all the time. Can we not ask this now?

By most accounts, Saric IS Zinger. Or damn close. And that doesn't even account for Okafor, Simmons, Noel or the possibility of Embiid. And the Sixers having their own pick next year. And the Lakers. And maybe the Kings. Do the Knicks even have a #1 next year? I know they don't have a pick this year.

The Sixers are in such better shape than the Knicks it's bordering on comical. They're not even close. And I don't really care about Colangelo's history. It's decent. Not great. Not bad. What's Jacksons history as a team president? Think Phil would trade situations with the Sixers? Rhetorical question.

You were a fully on-board process fanboy. Spare us the revisionist history. Just because you layered on your typical hedging doesn't mean you didn't defend everything he did. Stop playing the victim around here where everyone is mean to you and "defensive".

Hey, it's the mean-spirited one. Captain Dickhead!

I absolutely supported Hinkie. 100%. But I was far from the Spike Eskin and Co. crew. I didn't go around throwing out all the hipster lingo. The team either sucked or was mediocre forever and I was open to giving his ideas a chance. I've been clear on this since the inception. It's just that certain posters on this site only want to cherry pick the comments that they think male them funny. It's stale.

It's not his money. You are very clear on that defense, no need to bring it up.

Only bring it up because when certain posters said Phil was only in it for the money resident Knicks' favs disputed this and stayed his name would lure prime FAs.

Only bring it up because when certain posters said Phil was only in it for the money resident Knicks' favs disputed this and stayed his name would lure prime FAs.
It's not their money. Who cares? -what you have been saying.

By most accounts, Saric IS Zinger. Or damn close. And that doesn't even account for Okafor, Simmons, Noel or the possibility of Embiid. And the Sixers having their own pick next year. And the Lakers. And maybe the Kings. Do the Knicks even have a #1 next year? I know they don't have a pick this year.

The Sixers are in such better shape than the Knicks it's bordering on comical. They're not even close. And I don't really care about Colangelo's history. It's decent. Not great. Not bad. What's Jacksons history as a team president? Think Phil would trade situations with the Sixers? Rhetorical question.

I agree that the 76ers are in a much better situation, but the fact that you are puffing your chest about three players that have never touched an NBA court is so 76ers it hurts. Trusting the process to a T.

Just saw a Nerlens for Teague rumor. Can't see that happening. Maybe for Schroeder and the 21st pick. Only way I would want to trade for Teague is if they toss in Kent Bazemore in a sign and trade.

I like Teague but he better be locked up long term if that's the deal.

I find it hilarious that the Knicks have no draft picks. KP is a stud, but man they stink otherwise

and I am a Knicks fan. although my NBA interest has waned in recent years.

Last edited:
Never said they had more pieces ( assets?) I said Zinger is better than any Sixer right now. And he is. Until Saric actually, you know, shows up in the USA, he's not as good an NBA player. It is, as they say, too soon to tell on Saric.

Phil will be dead in 20 years but if he has 20 years as an executive, I am going to go out on a limb and say one of his team might have sniffed a finals. I could probably do that in 20 years , as well as half this board, if your only reposnibility was to think about basketball.

Hey, it's the mean-spirited one. Captain Dickhead!

I absolutely supported Hinkie. 100%. But I was far from the Spike Eskin and Co. crew. I didn't go around throwing out all the hipster lingo. The team either sucked or was mediocre forever and I was open to giving his ideas a chance. I've been clear on this since the inception. It's just that certain posters on this site only want to cherry pick the comments that they think male them funny. It's stale.
Sorry about your feelings pal.
Nice Strawman of "I'm not as big of a Hinkie fan as someone else".

Sorry about your feelings pal.
Nice Strawman of "I'm not as big of a Hinkie fan as someone else".

Simply stated that I didn't float out the Hinkie-type lingo as much as it was portrayed.

Feelings are fine you miserable POS. Just put me on ignore. You won't.

Block me. You won't.
double-dare-marc-summers-nickelodeon-530x363.jpg

Okafur is really talented. there was an old school , slow, back to the basket player in SA that won a few championships. Not saying Okafur is that good but id certainly keep him here and wait and see.

christ almightly how many times has duncan dribbled the ball through his legs in his 30 year career? maybe five?

duncan is the anti-okafor. mechanical in the post, able to make the simple/correct play from the elbow, and hyper-elite guarding the rim

anybody who thinks noel's offensive limitations (which are somewhat overstated--he's a better & more willing passer, and a much better diver off ballscreens than chimes at midnight) are likely to hurt his teams as much as okafor's combination of stultifying solipsistic offense and non-contribution defensively has no f--king clue about the f--king sport

the warriors don't throw the ball in to bogut. the thunder play adams ahead of kanter. the spurs haven't played through duncan in a long time. defense at the 5 is clearly more important than offense. and noel is outstanding both challenging at the rim and in guarding ballscreens. he's not a great rebounder, but he's a better rebounder than okafor. and again okafor doesn't guard shit

saric is 6'9 and slow. has nowhere near the zinger's ceiling

hinkie was trying to trade nothing for schroeder. son of caligula is trying to trade noel for teague. i'm almost glad hinkie took the toxic marshmallow because otherwise damn what a tragic figure

Saric staying in Turkey. Another year. Pretty sweet.

Jesus Christ.... what did you do, read the Keith Pompey article that had no new facts and was pure inciting fluff? Facts are still the same: Saric has said he's coming over this year. Sure, if he stays he might make more money on a yearly average for his first contract. If he stays, he runs the risk of not getting nearly as much playing time, getting traded to a worse situation, or getting hurt - which puts his second contract - at risk. Honestly, if I'm BC and in negotiations with his Dad or whoever the f is his agent I tell him that if he doesn't commit to coming over then I'm packaging him at the draft to get a guard. Use their depth with big men as leverage to force his hand.

Reactions: NovaHoops2002
I doubt a threat of getting traded is going to light a fire under his ass. Seems to me they'd love that. Doesn't seem to motivated to be in Philly.

Reactions: tomjackleman
I doubt a threat of getting traded is going to light a fire under his ass. Seems to me they'd love that. Doesn't seem to motivated to be in Philly.

Impossible to know that. Nothing like that has ever been uttered.

I think it has more to do if they can trade one of the other bigs. There's a logjam there now.

The possibility of staying a third year has been out there for some time now. It absolutely makes sense from financial standpoint. So, it's understandable. The part I don't get is that it's been Daric and his dad leaking that he wants to come and start his NBA career. Why say anything if you're not sure? Nothing has changed. The possibility of a better deal beginning next year has always been there.

I really believe that his camp wants assurances that he's going to get necessary minutes and not splitting time between 6 bigs.

I was told he is Porzingis - why would they trade a Porzingis? To keep Noel or Okafor?

Impossible to know that. Nothing like that has ever been uttered.

I think it has more to do if they can trade one of the other bigs. There's a logjam there now.

The possibility of staying a third year has been out there for some time now. It absolutely makes sense from financial standpoint. So, it's understandable. The part I don't get is that it's been Daric and his dad leaking that he wants to come and start his NBA career. Why say anything if you're not sure? Nothing has changed. The possibility of a better deal beginning next year has always been there.

I really believe that his camp wants assurances that he's going to get necessary minutes and not splitting time between 6 bigs.

Ah yea, that's why I used words like "seems to me"... "I doubt"... "doesn't seem".

Anyways, the plan was to have him here this coming year. Sure, waiting ANOTHER year was a possibility, but this coming season was his expected landing date. I think the Sixers brass was hoping earlier (that never happened).

Again, I don't think he nor his father will lose much sleep if he gets traded.

Ah yea, that's why I used words like "seems to me"... "I doubt"... "doesn't seem".

Anyways, the plan was to have him here this coming year. Sure, waiting ANOTHER year was a possibility, but this coming season was his expected landing date. I think the Sixers brass was hoping earlier (that never happened).

Again, I don't think he nor his father will lose much sleep if he gets traded.

Why would they? Nothing they can do about it.

Seems obvious to anyone he doesn't want to play in the CoP

Not sure how you come up with that. From a financial sense it doesn't matter what team has his rights. It's beneficial for him to stay. I guess Mirotic didn't want to play with CHI either.

Scroll up - it's righ here in this thread.

I see it. From Gdoggie. Make sure you run with one comment from one poster and pin it on an entire fan base. It's the BW way.

Oh yea, let's not put the Zinger in the HOF just yet. With that said, I don't think Saric has his ceiling (Based on limited highlights) and I don't tho I they're similar players. KP will block shots and rebound better. DS had a chance to handle and pass well. He has some flash to his game based off of limited highlights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT