ADVERTISEMENT

The Most Underachieving Team in MLB

Robinson and Espinosa are on the bench now that Rendon and Werth are back. Lost the Rockies series because Storen melted down twice in the 8th. Regardless, can't hit, can't pitch and don't play great fundamental baseball. Thats tough. However, the nats season was always going to be judged on October. Hopefully they make it. If not, let's go bucs

The Papelbon trade which moved Storen to a setup role and moving Fister to the pen to keep Ross in the rotation will be the nails in the coffin for their season. That locker room is divided and it is causing a lot of tension in the clubhouse.

The Papelbon trade which moved Storen to a setup role and moving Fister to the pen to keep Ross in the rotation will be the nails in the coffin for their season. That locker room is divided and it is causing a lot of tension in the clubhouse.

Or, they're just not that good.....

Or, they're just not that good.....
If that's the case then they are not underachieving, they are just playing to their talent level - which is incorrect. They are one of the most talented teams in the league, and they are playing mediocre baseball. Take away Bryce Harper from the Nats and they wouldn't even be sniffing .500.

So can we all decide if they aren't any good or playing below their ability? Please let me know so I can come here and learn how I"m supposed to feel. Disappointed in their play or accept that with 50 games left they have no hope? Please confirm so I can act appropriately.

If that's the case then they are not underachieving, they are just playing to their talent level - which is incorrect. They are one of the most talented teams in the league, and they are playing mediocre baseball. Take away Bryce Harper from the Nats and they wouldn't even be sniffing .500.

Remove Harper and Scherzer, what makes them one of the most talented teams in the league? Especially within the every day line-up?

Also, allow me to repeat, but over the last four years they have been one of the more disappointing teams in baseball. Can this be disputed? Or were they overrated from the get-go?

ADP, they still have a shot because the Mets' offense still isn't anything special, despite the transactions at deadline. To create more offense they need to put a .260 hitter Kelly Johnson in the OF and have him misplay balls.

So can we all decide if they aren't any good or playing below their ability? Please let me know so I can come here and learn how I"m supposed to feel. Disappointed in their play or accept that with 50 games left they have no hope? Please confirm so I can act appropriately.
They are good, but playing poorly. Gun to my head, they still win the division by a healthy 2-3 game margin. Bryce Harper is due to explode for a monster stretch again and will carry them.

So they are overrated and playing to their abilities. 94, appreciate the clarification. As an aside, last year it was a game vs. the Dodgers that sent the kids running around the house. Guess who they play today? Dare I say it.....here comes the run that leads to the kids running around the house.

Burrs, they have a shot because right now despite playing like absolute doo-doo they remain one game out in the loss column with over 50 to play. However, this is a nice way to get back into the swing of things here.

You're welcome.

When can we expect to see this second coming of the '27 Yankees actually live up to expectations?

The Nats are lucky that they play in what is by far the worst division in baseball or they would already be buried.

I thought their starting pitching would be good enough to overcome a blah, broken down, every day line-up. And though the pitching has at least been solid, I guess it needs to be even better to overcome the line-up deficiencies.

They two chances here. Harper becomes a man possessed, but how much more can you ask of him. Or, the starting staff goes from good to great, led by a rejuvenated Strasburg, over final 50.

Oh yea, there is a third option. The Mets being the Mets, and kicking their fan base in the balls over the final two weeks of the season.

I thought their starting pitching would be good enough to overcome a blah, broken down, every day line-up. And though the pitching has at least been solid, I guess it needs to be even better to overcome the line-up deficiencies.

They two chances here. Harper becomes a man possessed, but how much more can you ask of him. Or, the starting staff goes from good to great, led by a rejuvenated Strasburg, over final 50.

Oh yea, there is a third option. The Mets being the Mets, and kicking their fan base in the balls over the final two weeks of the season.
I think it will be a combination of all 3, with Harper leading the way and los Mets falling down the stretch.

Won't they be shutting down Strasberg pretty soon? Talk about gutless.

That weenie only has 62 innings pitched this season, so he should be able to "labor" though september.

Won't they be shutting down Strasberg pretty soon? Talk about gutless.

Here's a transcript from that SS/MR conversation that year....

Rizzo: Stephen, we're going to shut you down.
SS: Why?
Rizzo: Because no sense in winning this thing too quickly. We have to think of the future.
SS: Yea, makes sense. We'll probably win the next five World Series anyway.
Rizzo: You're damn right we will. I'm building a dynasty here. We'll probably have multiple titles by 2015.
SS: Do you think the fans will care if you shut me down?
Rizzo: Nah, I already have my boy ADP pumping up the Nattitude/Mike Rizzo propaganda machine.
SS: Do I know him?
Rizzo: Probably, he sits behind the dugout and wears that tight t-shirt that reads, "I'm 5'8" and I once dunked a tennis ball on a 9 3/4 foot rim."
SS: Ohh, isn't that the guy you gave your dining room table to?
Rizzo: Sure is. And one day his kids will run around it with Nattitude.

Reactions: FatsoFogarty71
Here's a transcript from that SS/MR conversation that year....

Rizzo: Stephen, we're going to shut you down.
SS: Why?
Rizzo: Because no sense in winning this thing too quickly. We have to think of the future.
SS: Yea, makes sense. We'll probably win the next five World Series anyway.
Rizzo: You're damn right we will. I'm building a dynasty here. We'll probably have multiple titles by 2015.
SS: Do you think the fans will care if you shut me down?
Rizzo: Nah, I already have my boy ADP pumping up the Nattitude/Mike Rizzo propaganda machine.
SS: Do I know him?
Rizzo: Probably, he sits behind the dugout and wears that tight t-shirt that reads, "I'm 5'8" and I once dunked a tennis ball on a 9 3/4 foot rim."
SS: Ohh, isn't that the guy you gave your dining room table to?
Rizzo: Sure is. And one day his kids will run around it with Nattitude.
The funny thing is you defend the CoP teams much more blindly.

Reactions: FatsoFogarty71
Could easily replace ADP/Rizzo/Strasberg with Burrs/Hinkie/Noel(orEmbiid). A total lack of self-awareness.

Except I don't come on here telling everyone how great they are.

And if the Phillies had an opportunity to win in the playoffs and they held out their best pitcher, then I would blast that decision. Like undid this one at that time.

Playoff chances don't grow on trees. You need to go for it when chance presents itself. Same rule for all 30 teams.

I hope the Nats are just good enough to squeak out a wild card berth.

If the Nats were to choke too early and miss the playoffs we would not have the privilege of witnessing another first round choke job.

If the Nats were to choke too early and miss the playoffs we would not have the privilege of witnessing another first round choke job.

Not really feeling a WC berth for NL east runner-up.

The funny thing is you defend the CoP teams much more blindly.

So, prior to the season when I said they would win 70-74 games, then after the first game amended that to 64 wins.

Is that the type of blind defending you speak of?

Stop it. I support Hinkie's plan because all other plans have failed since 2001. So, why not? I don't support it and say watch for their forthcoming title. No guarantees with anything.

Wait,let's be fair; I tell everyone how great I am. I have no control over how a baseball teams play and refuse to own any of th er inadequacy.

I booked a trip to the Bahamas for the first round of the playoffs. I refuse to be in the stadium as they piss away another series.

That's not a very positive Natitude.

After traveling to Pittsburgh to watch nova shit the bed and going to watch the nats shit the bed I have adjusted my traveling habits. These guys need to win a round or two before I commit my time to see them play. Also booked a week in the islands for first two rounds of ncaa's. Kids spring break. Nova is in the Nats boat, advance or I'm not coming.

Which CoP team did I call great? Please, enlighten me.
in_de_nile21.jpg

I love how Nardi and ND get to cherry-pick

I'll ask you again. Which CoP teams have I called great?

You can either produce it or continue to post stupid pics.

I just said last week the Sixers might win between 23-28 games. I said the Phillies would win 64 after their opening day lost.

I mean you really love to cherry pick just some of my commentary.

If you can't be fair then just stay out of the conversation. That simple.

Wait,let's be fair; I tell everyone how great I am. I have no control over how a baseball teams play and refuse to own any of th er inadequacy.

You don't have to own their inadequacies, but you have gone out of your way to build the team and GM up. You have reminded the board of this often since the "run" started.

After traveling to Pittsburgh to watch nova shit the bed and going to watch the nats shit the bed I have adjusted my traveling habits. These guys need to win a round or two before I commit my time to see them play. Also booked a week in the islands for first two rounds of ncaa's. Kids spring break. Nova is in the Nats boat, advance or I'm not coming.

Great fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT