ADVERTISEMENT

The Most Underachieving Team in MLB

A 23 win NBA team and a 64 win MLB team whose front offices both get an A+ from you.
A 23 win NBA team and a 64 win MLB team whose front offices both get an A+ from you.

They don't get A+ from me. That is inaccurate.

Hinkie doesn't get a grade from me right now. And if he walked away tomorrow his grade would be an F.

The Phillies made plenty of mistakes and held on too long. I get why, but they aren't getting a A+ Right now. But I'm not going to rip them every day either. These guys gave us the best run the city ever saw.

Geez, you really don't pay attention all that well.

They don't get A+ from me. That is inaccurate.

Hinkie doesn't get a grade from me right now. And if he walked away tomorrow his grade would be an F.

The Phillies made plenty of mistakes and held on too long. I get why, but they aren't getting a A+ Right now. But I'm not going to rip them every day either. These guys gave us the best run the city ever saw.

Geez, you really don't pay attention all that well.
Letting Hinkie off the hook with no grade.

I went to both Pirate wild card games the past two seasons. The first one was one of the most exciting, gratifying events I've attended live. The other one was such a painful kick in the junk.

1. Explain to me this F? So, he hasn't set the table well for someone that were to take over tomorrow?

2. What guys? Ruben Amaro?

1. Well, it's possible that someone could take over tomorrow and build off what he has in place now and coming down the pike in the future. But if he were to quit after a 18 & 19 win season, then I think it be F worthy in results and quitting.

2. The entire organization that was involved in the franchise's best era ever. Many of these people still remain.

Letting Hinkie off the hook with no grade.

No. Just not unrealistic. For me, I'm still in the wait and see approach. I'm not sure how many times I have said this on this board (A lot), but I'll say it again. There will come a time when Hinkie can be properly graded.

2. The entire organization that was involved in the franchise's best era ever.

1976-83: one world title, two 100 win seasons, 6 division titles in 8 years.

Side note: Why have I never heard about this: "Due to an extended player strike in the middle of the 1981 season. The season was divided into two halves with the first and second half champs facing each other in a divisional round prior to the league championship series."

The Cards and Reds had the best records in the NL that year and DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Burrs, how did you let an obvious troll on me get turned on you? C'mon man. The thread was pathetic but I've been on vacation and missed your charm. ND has turned you on your head. Get it together. We should be celebrating the Phillies studly post-break play.

adp,
The electrical signals in his brain are short circuiting. He's trying to come up with a way to approve of the Phillies winning games while being okay with the Sixers intentionally losing. If he was consistent, he would be mad that Nola and Franco got called up. Might even want to fake injuries to Giles and Hernandez, give them a week off then send them to extended "rehab assignments". Maybe even cook up a story about Roman Quinn's navicular bone healing.

ND: IMO the best policy is to admit when your teams blow it. From my seat (cue 94), burrs seems to have an unhealthy relationship with his sports teams and himself. Admitting the failure of the teams you root for is not a flaw in one's character/abilities. That never made it onto the list of "fandom".

Me, the Nats blow right now. Not my fault. However, I choose to live in brightsiderville; now I actually get more than 4 or 5 meaningful fall baseball games. Way to blow Nats. Now I don't just get my two playoff games from my perch rows off the field or just behind the dughout; I get all of September and any playoff games occurring past Oct 12.

ND: IMO the best policy is to admit when your teams blow it. From my seat (cue 94), burrs seems to have an unhealthy relationship with his sports teams and himself. Admitting the failure of the teams you root for is not a flaw in one's character/abilities. That never made it onto the list of "fandom".

Me, the Nats blow right now. Not my fault. However, I choose to live in brightsiderville; now I actually get more than 4 or 5 meaningful fall baseball games. Way to blow Nats. Now I don't just get my two playoff games from my perch rows off the field or just behind the dughout; I get all of September and any playoff games occurring past Oct 12.

Following sports and being a fan will never be that unhealthy. At the end of the dau not that important. Do I enjoy it? Absolutely. But I know where to draw the line. Maybe, that's not evident on this board because all we do is discuss, debate, and argue over things sports related. That's the nature of the board, but certainly not the nature of real life. Let's keep it in perspective.

adp,
The electrical signals in his brain are short circuiting. He's trying to come up with a way to approve of the Phillies winning games while being okay with the Sixers intentionally losing. If he was consistent, he would be mad that Nola and Franco got called up. Might even want to fake injuries to Giles and Hernandez, give them a week off then send them to extended "rehab assignments". Maybe even cook up a story about Roman Quinn's navicular bone healing.

Brain is fine.

MLB and NBA aren't apples to apples, but nice try.

I'm glad Phils are playing well and some young guys, who might be part of the future are right in the middle of it.

I hope the Sixers go 82-0 this year. I don't care how many games they win.

MLB and NBA aren't apples to apples, but nice try.

I'm glad Phils are playing well and some young guys, who might be part of the future are right in the middle of it.n.

This hot streak could be the difference between drafting Bryce Harper or Jameson Taillon (see 2010 draft). I guess you would understand if the HOPE of lottery balls were involved.

No one is suggesting that anyone should live and die with the performance of the teams that they root for. It's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

But it seems that you have no loyalty whatsoever which I find odd. What's the point of rooting for a team if you have already decided that you are going to jump ship when things go south?

That's the definition of being a gutless frontrunner.

You are getting your balls broken because you enjoy puffing out your chest when the Nats do well so others enjoy it when they underachieve (which seems to happen a lot). Nothing more and nothing less. You also portray the Nats as some kind of model franchise with a genius GM when the reality is that the franchise has literally won nothing.

I root for a franchise that has never won anything and you tell me I jump ship when they are not winning? Do you realize how backwards that portrayal is when you spell it out. Seriously, all jokes aside. I still root for the Sixers. How can you accuse anyone of being a bandwagon fan when they root for the Sixers? I know it's fun to give me shit. I bring it on myself and play into to it because I'm a good sport and don't care. I root for where I went to school, the football team where I literally lived next door to the owner's kids and attended my first games, and the Nats; where I've had season tickets for the past 4 years. I travel to see all these teams (NFL aside as I refuse to go to games). What loyalty are we really prescribing to here? I'm the guy that drives to see 10 Nova games per year, raise and write money in donations and pretty much commit to expending my personal time and financial resources to support the school in a significant way. I hop on flights for the Nats and have season baseball tickets etc...I play into the joke here but give me a break.

This hot streak could be the difference between drafting Bryce Harper or Jameson Taillon (see 2010 draft). I guess you would understand if the HOPE of lottery balls were involved.

Yea, I looked into that. There doesn't appear to be a Bryce Harper level talent this year.

Again, you're a smart guy. We both know the differences between MLB and NBA drafts. Not even close to the same thing.

No one is suggesting that anyone should live and die with the performance of the teams that they root for. It's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

But it seems that you have no loyalty whatsoever which I find odd. What's the point of rooting for a team if you have already decided that you are going to jump ship when things go south?

That's the definition of being a gutless frontrunner.

You are getting your balls broken because you enjoy puffing out your chest when the Nats do well so others enjoy it when they underachieve (which seems to happen a lot). Nothing more and nothing less. You also portray the Nats as some kind of model franchise with a genius GM when the reality is that the franchise has literally won nothing.

Man, what a terrific post by this Bench Warmer. Fukking cap tip. Two times.

I bring it on myself and play into to it because I'm a good sport and don't care.

I do agree with this. ADP is a good sport.

About your Nova hoops comments. How come you don't dive into too many threads during the season? You rarely post about the team on either board. Do you save that for pay board?

Yes and no. I've been blessed to have good access into the program and simply don't find this the forum to discuss. One-on-one I greatly enjoy discussing.

I root for a franchise that has never won anything and you tell me I jump ship when they are not winning? Do you realize how backwards that portrayal is when you spell it out. Seriously, all jokes aside. I still root for the Sixers. How can you accuse anyone of being a bandwagon fan when they root for the Sixers? I know it's fun to give me shit. I bring it on myself and play into to it because I'm a good sport and don't care. I root for where I went to school, the football team where I literally lived next door to the owner's kids and attended my first games, and the Nats; where I've had season tickets for the past 4 years. I travel to see all these teams (NFL aside as I refuse to go to games). What loyalty are we really prescribing to here? I'm the guy that drives to see 10 Nova games per year, raise and write money in donations and pretty much commit to expending my personal time and financial resources to support the school in a significant way. I hop on flights for the Nats and have season baseball tickets etc...I play into the joke here but give me a break.

Yes, you started with the Natitude probably around 2012? 2013? which coincided nicely with the Phillies decline and at a time when the "Nats" were expected to do great things. We all know how that turned out.

Throughout that entire time frame we heard on a regular basis about how lousy the Phillies are (fanbase, franchise, etc.) and how they were about to tank (shocking revelation there) and how GM Mike Rizzo invented the game.

And yes, you have stated several times, including in this thread I might add, about how you are ready to jump ship and root for the Bucs if the Nats shit the bed again and don't win anything. You can't even bring yourself to watch them in the playoffs. Assuming that you are not making these comments in jest, is this not the definition of a frontrunner?

I don't care what kind of fan you are, but you shouldn't be surprised when you get your balls broken a little in light of your history. This thread is just the latest example.

I'm glad you took 3 paragraphs to write that post. Can we get back to burrs sucking hinkie's nuts

I worked on funding for the Harrison soccer stadium. Done work for the Lerners but not connected to the ballpark. That's it on my end. Agree it's crazy but it the stadiums did wonders for downtown Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Edit, also remember the funding goes beyond the actual stadium. The infrastructure around, roads, parking etc..is where the teams really make their cash. Letting them own parking and concessions when taxpayers fund the stadium is a complete rape job on taxpayers. 2nd edit, one of my old partners was part of the deal to do Met Life. Another rape job on the taxpayers.

With 1/3 of the season left its a little early to claim a team 1.5 games behind the division leader "The most under achieving team in in MLB"

With 1/3 of the season left its a little early to claim a team 1.5 games behind the division leader "The most under achieving team in in MLB"

Again, with this guy........

You might need a history lesson on the comings and goings of this board.

It would be very baseball-y of the Nats to miss the f'n playoffs with all that talent. GOOFY SPORT, bros.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT