ADVERTISEMENT

UFC

So this guy went from hottest thing in the sport to has been in the span of two weeks? Regardless, seems like a savvy business move.

So this guy went from hottest thing in the sport to has been in the span of two weeks? Regardless, seems like a savvy business move.

Well he was the hottest thing in the sport to all the noobs. Did an outstanding job of marketing himself. And the UFC did a great job of cashing in and giving him the easiest path possible.

And no, not a has-been. Still a very good fighter. Just nowhere near as good as the masses thought. Was obvious to me how the UFC shielded him from ground fighters. He'll be back. This is just a stalling technique.

Didn't say he sucked. Didn't say he was average. I said he is "very good" chief.

Yup he KO'd off two weeks notice Mendes. Mendes murders him with a full camp.

Aldo KO was impressive. But again, great match-up for Conor.

Eight fights... only fought one wrestler (Mendes)... and one legit BJJ (Diaz). How's that even possible?

Dude was coddled. Top 2-3 fighters at 145... Probably Top 5 at 155... no shot at 170.

Very good fighter, just not as good as the masses think.

Best marketer though.

Last edited:
Shocker Alert:

He announces he is not retired.

Doesn't want to do promotional stuff. Dude doesn't realize that's how he made all this $$$ to begin with. He promoted himself better than any other fighter ever.

That's how he got favorable match-up after favorable match-up. Because the UFC knew what a goldmine this dude is. Dennis effing Siver was the fight that "earned" him a title shot.

Last edited:
Doesn't wanna talk trash and sell his fights ? Emm that is why you get those massive pay days in the first place, jackass. Because you get eyeballs to the TV with your mouth. Christ. Seriously, Clark.

Did anyone even watch 197? Bones beating some bum and Might Mouse slapping the shit out of yet another tiny man? Yawn.

Can't believe they're actually pulling McGregor from 200. Who needs a standard press conference? His fake retirement and ensuing nonsense got the event more press than him sitting in a folding chair hurling schoolyard insults at the guy who just knocked his face off. Diaz said he's going on vacation, so it must be off for real.

Jones definitely looked sluggish. Ring rust? Perhaps. Cardio took a hit with his extra muscle mass? Maybe.

That's four straight decisions now for the top pound-for-pounder. Dude turning into GSP before our eyes.

Guy is talented obviously, but I have a hard time believing he will be anywhere close to as good at HW as some think. Dude has zero punching power. Those guys hit too damn hard at 206+. Although talented, his biggest asset is his size. That goes away at HW.

Demo is #1 p4p. Hands down.
Yea probably. But that division has next to no talent.

Benavidez and Dodson are the only legit comp. Rest of the division is slop.

Again, great fighter, but fights a buncha tomatoes outside the aforementioned fighters.

If anyone needs to move up for a coupe fights it's MM. Dominating his division...No one close to deserving a title shot... Go up and fight Cruz/Faber/Dillashaw and give time for a contender to present himself at 125.

DC brought up a good point about the IV ban ND. Looks like DC-Bones will be the main event at 200. I'll watch

It's hard to enjoy flyweight MMA. So little power.

UFC 200 was supposed to be a little more star packed. Aldo/Edgar in a non-title match and rushing both DC and Jones back into the ring is what they've got though. That women's 135 title should be on the line. Not too interested in seeing bums like Lauzon and Miller muck it up again, except for the pure bloodlust of it. I thought they'd put together a whole lineup of title fights or high contenders in every division.

Yea probably. But that division has next to no talent.

Benavidez and Dodson are the only legit comp. Rest of the division is slop.

Again, great fighter, but fights a buncha tomatoes outside the aforementioned fighters.

If anyone needs to move up for a coupe fights it's MM. Dominating his division...No one close to deserving a title shot... Go up and fight Cruz/Faber/Dillashaw and give time for a contender to present himself at 125.

DC brought up a good point about the IV ban ND. Looks like DC-Bones will be the main event at 200. I'll watch

135 is a different animal for Demo. But he would beat Faber almost assuredly and I'd give him a decent chance against an USADA-weakened Dillashaw. I still think Cruz is a little too rangy for him and would hand him another loss, tho DJ has certainly improved since they first met many moons ago.

Agreed on all fronts.

Still should be the next move. Who else should he fight at 125?

Nobody left.

Go fight TJ for a title shot. Or maybe give him immediate title shot since 135 is lacking talent too.

By then, maybe a 125 semi-contender will emerge to fight in early 2017.

Agreed on all fronts.

Still should be the next move. Who else should he fight at 125?

Nobody left.

Go fight TJ for a title shot. Or maybe give him immediate title shot since 135 is lacking talent too.

By then, maybe a 125 semi-contender will emerge to fight in early 2017.

He could be like GGG in boxing and decide to not bother challenging himself and just pound on all the crap in his division until he decides to retire.

Could, but I doubt he will. Seems pretty motivated to test himself... and make $$$. ZERO big money fights at 125.

It's nice that there's now a sport that rewards fighters for taking big fights.

The UFC has it right. One sanctioning body. One belt per division. You take the decisions away from the fighters and their agenda-driven promotional teams. They don't get to decide who they fight. It's decided for them. The way it's supposed to be. The UFC does right by the fans.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Is Bigfoot silva shooting at people on the blue route?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160506_Troopers_investigate_shooting_incident_on_Blue_Route.html

050616-roadrage.jpg

Actually looks more like Overeem.

Anyways...

Chatter they might merge the 125 and 135 divisions. Splendid idea if you axe me. Just not enough talent in either weight class. Make 130 the new bantam/flyweight

Reactions: NickleDimer
Two days later Conor opens -170 at 5Dimes (they open MMA earliest 99% of time). I was shocked.

5Dimes is the best book around. As long as nothing crazy happens like the owner being kidnapped and found murdered, they should be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT