ADVERTISEMENT

We will have so much winning if I get elected

there is a whole lot more stress involved when you have to make sure all the bills get paid. Friday is great for some and frightening for others. ND will never understand ADP not worth engaging.

All other factors deconsidered, I think it's weird that people who essentially are surrogate parents to 20+ humans in a crucial part of their development are so looked down upon.

Yes, they don't have the same stresses of people in the private sector. But we mostly deal with grown adults daily. While that can feel like there is more on the line, think about how much importance you place in your children's education.

And yes, teachers do seem to complain more. But I think it's a chicken or the egg thing. Defense mechanism to the criticism. Teachers don't make me mad - if anything I'm just jealous of their schedule.

Do people really look down on teachers? I think the criticism is really that many think teachers are fairly compensated for a job with good hours, fantastic job security and solid benefits, yet are perceived as always complaining. I think most people respect the job, they just don't have teachers high on their list of underpaid and underappreciated people.

Do people really look down on teachers? I think the criticism is really that many think teachers are fairly compensated for a job with good hours, fantastic job security and solid benefits, yet are perceived as always complaining. I think most people respect the job, they just don't have teachers high on their list of underpaid and underappreciated people.

I think this is much more representative of general sentiment than "looked down upon". But then I hear "not real world experience" and i get concerned that people really think they are more of a contributor to society for whatever reason

And let me add I know some wacky teachers who I wouldn't trust with anything - my own aunt included. She is a child in many ways. But so are plenty of people in office jobs. It's weird drawing these lines based on profession - if you are a person of even temperment, intelligence, and patience you will succeed given time and opportunity.

Teachers are generally looked down upon in this country. adp's opinion of teachers is very much a microcosm of the sentiments of a large percentage of people working in the private sector. I'm not here to change anyone's mind, but I can offer insight since I have spent significant time in both the private sector and public education.

• Teachers complain. It's their thing. Disproportionate complaining. We all deal with high levels of pressure in our jobs, but you seem to hear from the teachers more often. Agreed.
  • The people who say "I like Christie because he stood up to the teacher's union" crack me up. There are too many details to get into here, but if you actually knew what Christie and his administration have done to public education in NJ, I promise you'd be singing a different tune.
  • Why would anyone want to make it LESS desirable to become a teacher? (i.e. pay them less, make them pay more for their benefits, take away their pensions, etc) Making it less desirable will only drive out the good teachers and create more bad teachers. This is already happening because of some of the things that have been put in place in NJ. Who do you want teaching your kids?!
  • I am a Nova grad and have been in several different jobs/industries. Being a good teacher daily was the most challenging thing I've done in my professional life. No details here because it starts to come off as complaining.
  • I'm sure every generation says this, but kids are becoming increasingly distracted, unmotivated, more likely to have problems (Food? Neglect? Abuse? Support?) at home, more likely to be classified as special education. Class sizes are bigger. It's become more and more difficult to manage classrooms and develop meaningful relationships with all students because they are so disconnected

What exactly is my view of teachers? I'm very thankfull for the people who teach my children. No way I could do that job daily.

In all seriousness, what % of the female vote would the Donald get in a general election?

In all seriousness, what % of the female vote would the Donald get in a general election?

Just saw a POLL: POLL where he was statistically even overall, about 20 points ahead on men and 20 points behind on women.

Teachers are generally looked down upon in this country. adp's opinion of teachers is very much a microcosm of the sentiments of a large percentage of people working in the private sector. I'm not here to change anyone's mind, but I can offer insight since I have spent significant time in both the private sector and public education.

• Teachers complain. It's their thing. Disproportionate complaining. We all deal with high levels of pressure in our jobs, but you seem to hear from the teachers more often. Agreed.
  • The people who say "I like Christie because he stood up to the teacher's union" crack me up. There are too many details to get into here, but if you actually knew what Christie and his administration have done to public education in NJ, I promise you'd be singing a different tune.
  • Why would anyone want to make it LESS desirable to become a teacher? (i.e. pay them less, make them pay more for their benefits, take away their pensions, etc) Making it less desirable will only drive out the good teachers and create more bad teachers. This is already happening because of some of the things that have been put in place in NJ. Who do you want teaching your kids?!
  • I am a Nova grad and have been in several different jobs/industries. Being a good teacher daily was the most challenging thing I've done in my professional life. No details here because it starts to come off as complaining.
  • I'm sure every generation says this, but kids are becoming increasingly distracted, unmotivated, more likely to have problems (Food? Neglect? Abuse? Support?) at home, more likely to be classified as special education. Class sizes are bigger. It's become more and more difficult to manage classrooms and develop meaningful relationships with all students because they are so disconnected
did it feel like you had any real world experience when you were teaching or was it more like you had the willy wonka golden ticket ?

Reactions: NickleDimer
I admire and respect the majority of teachers who are dedicated and do a good job.

I have no patience for teachers who whine incessantly about their jobs given the ironclad job security, respectable pay, top of the line benefits, and a pension in which they are taken care of for life. And in my experience there are quite a few who fit into this category.

I feel like there are more than a few teachers that are not particularly smart and certainly not as smart as a lot of people in the private sector.

From adp who is tied up in meetings......

edu85.gif

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
Happens everywhere. It's called "working to contract". They don't do anything extra. No early arrival, no work at home, no afterschool help, etc.

Not writing college recs is a pretty crappy move though.

It's called being self-absorbed, entitled, whiny bitches.

Love when these teachers claim that "it's all about the children." Total horseshit.

STFU and do your job or step aside and let someone else do it.

I'll temper my previous comments a bit with the observation that it is likely that a large number of teachers, and possibly even the majority of teachers disagree with these absurd tactics.

But we all know what happens when you don't fall in line with the union thugs. Heads get cracked, What a gr8 example they are setting for the children.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT