ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Lottery Thread, tonight is the night

Embiid has never played an NBA game. Greg Oden even got games. Noel was just an all rookie team selection and you're telling me Embiid is the best of the three? You're psychotic.

Embiid has never played an NBA game. Greg Oden even got games. Noel was just an all rookie team selection and you're telling me Embiid is the best of the three? You're psychotic.

I'm telling you that Embiid has more talent. What is so psychotic about that?

Odds:

Sixers 1: +490
Knicks 1:+380
Sixers 2: +490
Knicks 2: +400
Sixers 3: +495
Knicks 3: +450
Sixers 4: +325
Knicks 4: +204
Sixers 5: +263
Knicks 5: +630
Sixers 6: +2035

Sixers odds to get Lakers pick: +479
Sixers odds to get Heat pick: +927

Noel has made it through ONE season where barely anyone had to try to beat his team. And an Acl is far different than back issue and bone issues in big men I think. It won't be 'bad luck' if Embiid is chronically injured - it will have been something a lot of people saw coming. Also, talent usually wins the day in pro sports, but not all the time. Until he actually plays, no one knows much

Noel has made it through ONE season where barely anyone had to try to beat his team. And an Acl is far different than back issue and bone issues in big men I think. It won't be 'bad luck' if Embiid is chronically injured - it will have been something a lot of people saw coming. Also, talent usually wins the day in pro sports, but not all the time. Until he actually plays, no one knows much

For the player it would absolutely be bad luck.

And we get it there are no certainties or guaranties with anything in life. No one is saying the injuries he suffered aren't pause for concern. Again, we get that.

Still, if you're going to look at something positively then it's easy to see the kid's talent. He was the best player from a talent standpoint in a better draft. Not much of a stretch to suggest that he's better than both Noel and Towns at this point. Not sure why it bugged you so much. Other than keeping your fingers crossed that it doesn't work out and you get to come on here and say I told you so. Now, if I said something ridiculous, then I'd better understand your point.,

And we get it there are no certainties or guaranties with anything in life. No one is saying the injuries he suffered aren't pause for concern. Again, we get that.

Still, if you're going to look at something positively then it's easy to see the kid's talent. He was the best player from a talent standpoint in a better draft. Not much of a stretch to suggest that he's better than both Noel and Towns at this point. Not sure why it bugged you so much. Other than keeping your fingers crossed that it doesn't work out and you get to come on here and say I told you so. Now, if I said something ridiculous, then I'd better understand your point.,
If healthy Embiid is significantly better than anyone in this draft. Let's be fair here.

My only wish for tonight is to not get completely screwed with the ping pong balls. Just have the Sixets in top 4. Still, even if they fell to 4 or 5, I still think they have enough in their arsenal to move up to 3, maybe 2, if they really wanted to.

Burrs, we need top 3. I want Russell in a bad way. If we get stuck with okafor it's a very bad draft.

Burrs, we need top 3. I want Russell in a bad way. If we get stuck with okafor it's a very bad draft.

There will be a lot possibilities no matter where they land. That much I'm sure of. It has a chance to be a wild draft night.

It didnt bug me at all - just keeping it on planet earth here. And that includes waiting for a player to actually play a single game before calling him a better player than a guy who made all rookie team - that's all. No one is arguing Embiid's talent. But that is not what you said.

i would say 1-3 is a win for the sixers. the safe plays are Okafur, Towns, Russell. if they draft someEuro trash and stash him for two years the city might force Hinkie put.

My only problem with the tank is , if you are gonna tank you need to tank worse than any other team. you have to finish with the worst record.

i would say 1-3 is a win for the sixers. the safe plays are Okafur, Towns, Russell. if they draft someEuro trash and stash him for two years the city might force Hinkie put.

My only problem with the tank is , if you are gonna tank you need to tank worse than any other team. you have to finish with the worst record.

Never seen the kid play but those who have say Mudliay is a stud and was much more highly rated than Russell entering college. Given the Sixers needs he would be considered a win if you trust people that have seen him play. I cannot see how Okafor is a win considering the fact you already have Noel and Embiid. At least Towns can help stretch the floor with shooting so he could play with Embiid/Noel.

Okafur was probably the best player in college basketball last season and the main reason Duke won the NC. he is also 19 years old. he will improve. i dont get the hate on him. ok so he doesnt defend well. you have Embiid and Noel for that.

Okafur was probably the best player in college basketball last season and the main reason Duke won the NC. he is also 19 years old. he will improve. i dont get the hate on him. ok so he doesnt defend well. you have Embiid and Noel for that.
You cannot play those guys together. The NBA has gone smaller, faster and all about spacing.shooting/rim protection. Okafor does none of the 3. Look at the teams left in the playoffs. Cleveland, Atlanta, Golden State. None rely on a true post guy. Howard is the only one left and he's an great defender/rebounder/rim protector. Okafor is deficient in all 3 areas, especially at the pro level. I simply do not like his game at the next level. He was all everything but the more teams saw him the more he slid. I would not be shocked if he falls out of the top 2. Of course, I'm the same guy who said Mariota would fall so what do I know. Just not a fan of Okafor at the next level. Limited athlete, very limited and no jump shot. Pass.

Dmil, I believe I'm keeping it on planet earth. Didn't say anything outlandish. Is there a chance I might be wrong? Yes. But again, nothing not from this planet was uttered. Move on.

ok so draft Towns or Okafur and trade Noel who has no offensive game, even though Brett Brown runs isolation plays for him in the final seconds of a one possession game like he is Isiah Thomas.

Sixers have a lot of needs and guard is the biggest. i just think its safer to draft one of the bigs if you get #1 or 2. i guess best case they get three and take Russell with a forced hand. Just like last year when Wiggins and Parker went 1 and 2 so you had to take Embiid and the fans were ok with it cause the other two were gone.

Sixers have a lot of needs and guard is the biggest. i just think its safer to draft one of the bigs if you get #1 or 2. i guess best case they get three and take Russell with a forced hand. Just like last year when Wiggins and Parker went 1 and 2 so you had to take Embiid and the fans were ok with it cause the other two were gone.
Best case is they get 1 and can do whatever they want. We simply disagree on Okafor. As for Noel, he's proven he can play. Don't let the fact Brown ran some plays for him downgrade his abilities. He's got a role on a very good team as a rebounder/defender/rim protector/garbage guy. Noel is a player and proved it last year. Not his fault the Sixers blew and had to try and run offense through him. That's simply not his role and if you have a healthy Embiid as well as a few other scorers not how he'll be used. That kid can play. Again, let's be fair here. The Sixers have many reasons to be made fun of. However, last year it was proven that Noel is an NBA player of value and if healthy Embiid is a stud. We just don't know if he'll be healthy.

The Sixers have many reasons to be made fun of. However, last year it was proven that Noel is an NBA player of value and if healthy Embiid is a stud. We just don't know if he'll be healthy.

How exact;y was it 'proven' that Embiid is a stud last year? He did not play a single minute of NBA basketball. Because he dunked through his legs at practice?

Yes, he's a high talent. Doesnt mean much until he actually plays and stays on the floor. So saying he's a 'proven stud' or 'the best player' out of Noel & Saric, when he has not played a single minute against NBA players, is basically just conjecture at this point. The only thing that has been 'proven' so far is that Noel can play at this level and make it through a season.

If he's healthy there is no denying the talent. Don't be silly. There is a reason a healthy embiid would have been the first pick in what was considered the best draft in ten years. We can discuss the health factor all day. I made the same arguments this time last year. On talent he's the best big to enter the league in 10-15 years.

If he's healthy there is no denying the talent. Don't be silly. There is a reason a healthy embiid would have been the first pick in what was considered the best draft in ten years. We can discuss the health factor all day. I made the same arguments this time last year. On talent he's the best big to enter the league in 10-15 years.

Never denied his talent. That's clear. But how is he a "proven stud" in the NBA? A lot of guys have huge talent and don't do dick. Again he's never played a single minute. By definition he's the exact opposite of proven. (Proven is when you have actually done something. Unproven is when people think you can but you have actually not done it yet. i.e, Steph Curry is proven NBA talent. Addison Russel is not at all proven )

whats the over under on games played before Embiid suffers a season ending injury? im going O/U 17.5 im taking under. 14 games in he tears a knee or rebreaks his foot. he wreaks of injury prone.

DMIL, I want you to read back through and tell me where I said Embiid was a "proven stud or talent". I said Noel is proven at the NBA. but Embiid is a stud. Never uttered he had proven anything. You need to read, comprehend and then respond. Now issue your mea culpa and move along.

ADP - whats the talk about the Wizards down in DC? they are quickly becoming a very good team with a great backcourt. they just seem to be one wing short of a contender. Is Porter the man? or do they need help. ie Durrant, Leonard, Butler in Free Agency?

ADP - whats the talk about the Wizards down in DC? they are quickly becoming a very good team with a great backcourt. they just seem to be one wing short of a contender. Is Porter the man? or do they need help. ie Durrant, Leonard, Butler in Free Agency?
I'm that dickhead who enjoys making fun of the Wizards, Caps, Skins and their "fans". The Wiz and Caps are viewed as teams that will always choke. Out of the two, Caps fans are much more supportive. People have been generally supportive and surprised by the Wiz success because they have sucked for so long. The general thought is Durant is a real possibility to come home, Porter really came on but everyone has the sense the Wiz ultimately screw up whatever happens. They seem like a fun team to watch but honestly I don't extend any effort to discuss or pay attention to them.

DMIL, I want you to read back through and tell me where I said Embiid was a "proven stud or talent". I said Noel is proven at the NBA. but Embiid is a stud. Never uttered he had proven anything. You need to read, comprehend and then respond. Now issue your mea culpa and move along.

I already quoted you on it:

"The Sixers have many reasons to be made fun of. However, last year it was proven that Noel is an NBA player of value and if healthy Embiid is a stud. We just don't know if he'll be healthy.

But you can go ahead and move the goal posts. That's what you do.

Right, nowhere do I say Embiid is a "proven" stud at the NBA level. If he's healthy, he can play. You disagree with any of that? You can't.

as someone who grew up outside of DC, the way the caps/wizards collapsed was perfect. their fans, as with most on the east coast, are insufferable. but their annoyance is more a product of their complete removal from reality than a general sense of superiority or d!ckishness. once the caps went up 3-2 and wizards were up 2-1 you'd have thought both were already in the championship.

Right, nowhere do I say Embiid is a "proven" stud at the NBA level. If he's healthy, he can play. You disagree with any of that? You can't.

I know you can read your own sentence. I knwo you can. It's the SAME SENTENCE that begins 'Last year it was proven' and end with 'and Embiid IS a stud if healthy'. Again, it's the SAME sentence. You used very clearly the conjunction AND. So, yeah, you did say it. Just say it's not what I meant. You meant to say that he looked like a stud in practice.

I'm that dickhead who enjoys making fun of the Wizards, Caps, Skins and their "fans". The Wiz and Caps are viewed as teams that will always choke. Out of the two, Caps fans are much more supportive. People have been generally supportive and surprised by the Wiz success because they have sucked for so long. The general thought is Durant is a real possibility to come home, Porter really came on but everyone has the sense the Wiz ultimately screw up whatever happens. They seem like a fun team to watch but honestly I don't extend any effort to discuss or pay attention to them.

Oh the irony on the 1-for-4 here, presumably intentional. Anyway, caught a Wizards game in person for the first time in the playoffs, they are definitely building something, was surprised at the great energy in the building, even for playoffs where obviously it's better. (To be expected from any hockey fanbase in the Northeast, and the Skins definitely have a longtime following.) Pierce gave them a swagger this year that a certain baseball team could use. I think Wall will carry it over. Have to think Durant is seriously considering joining up if the trend continues, no matter what he's said (DC for sports is awesome compared to where he is now).

Back more OT, if the Sixers end up with 1-2, I think they trade down or try as hard as they can to do so. If they were to just take another big there, clear sign Hinkie is hedging his bet on Embiid IMO, and don't see Mudiay and Russell as can't miss guys.

Didn't see enough of Russel to say he's clearly better than Mudiay, who looks incredible from clips I've seen, obviously not against great comp.

I'm sorry you struggle with reading comprehension. Clearly states in the parts you omitted that Noel is proven, I restated in the sentence you provided and noted that if healthy, Embiid is a stud. I'm here to help but I can't break down everything for you.

I'm sorry you struggle with reading comprehension. Clearly states in the parts you omitted that Noel is proven, I restated in the sentence you provided and noted that if healthy, Embiid is a stud. I'm here to help but I can't break down everything for you.

Every English teacher you ever had is weeping right now.

Oh the irony on the 1-for-4 here, presumably intentional. Anyway, caught a Wizards game in person for the first time in the playoffs, they are definitely building something, was surprised at the great energy in the building, even for playoffs where obviously it's better. (To be expected from any hockey fanbase in the Northeast, and the Skins definitely have a longtime following.) Pierce gave them a swagger this year that a certain baseball team could use. I think Wall will carry it over. Have to think Durant is seriously considering joining up if the trend continues, no matter what he's said (DC for sports is awesome compared to where he is now).

Back more OT, if the Sixers end up with 1-2, I think they trade down or try as hard as they can to do so. If they were to just take another big there, clear sign Hinkie is hedging his bet on Embiid IMO, and don't see Mudiay and Russell as can't miss guys.

Didn't see enough of Russel to say he's clearly better than Mudiay, who looks incredible from clips I've seen, obviously not against great comp.

Right, I choose the only one that has never won a playoff series. I'm a terrible frontrunner.

how can you like the Nats but not the rest of the bunch? and Nats fans arent insufferable? what have they won?

how can you like the Nats but not the rest of the bunch? and Nats fans arent insufferable? what have they won?

First, Nats fans are pretty much clueless. I'm insufferable. Let's not poison the entire well due to one dickhead. Red Sox are dead to me and we're a huge baseball family. My buddy works for MLB and spoiled my children. It's really his fault we became a Nats family. I'm taking the entire family and my Phillies loving mother in-law and wife to the games this weekend. My wife has pretty much switched over but my mother-in law is going to be heckled for a solid 9 innings by her grandchildren. Good times. That's just how we roll.

Yea, because the team with the worst record always gets the top pick.

ok so draft Towns or Okafur and trade Noel who has no offensive game, even though Brett Brown runs isolation plays for him in the final seconds of a one possession game like he is Isiah Thomas.

God, you are dopey.

Hey genius, the only reason Embiid went three was because of the injury. He was clearly going to be the top pick. This might turn out to be a gift.

whats the over under on games played before Embiid suffers a season ending injury? im going O/U 17.5 im taking under. 14 games in he tears a knee or rebreaks his foot. he wreaks of injury prone.

17.5 is too high. Chop ten off of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT