ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Lottery Thread, tonight is the night

I don't buy it either. Don't salaries have to match? Melo is a max player. Wouldn't LA have to throw in a lot more players with high salaries to make it work?

Yes but LA has max cap space this summer.

I think that's an awful trade. Lakers in a great spot where they can roll out a hobbled Kobe hopefully every night while still tanking. Great spot for them.

I put Sixers over/under next year at 38. Brett Brown has made it clear he refuses to have another throw away year and Hinkie doesn't want to lose him. They have built a program together and it's time to give him the reigns. The Sixers had one of the best defenses in the league the second half of the season. With Embiid and Russell joining and each young player coming in more poised and polished, the offense will improve by a few points per game. 38 isn't crazy at all in the East. Look at what Boston did with less talent.

Reactions: kjbert
38 is ambitious at this point. That's a 20-win difference. Not definite they even take Russell.

Reactions: kjbert
I put Sixers over/under next year at 38. Brett Brown has made it clear he refuses to have another throw away year and Hinkie doesn't want to lose him. They have built a program together and it's time to give him the reigns. The Sixers had one of the best defenses in the league the second half of the season. With Embiid and Russell joining and each young player coming in more poised and polished, the offense will improve by a few points per game. 38 isn't crazy at all in the East. Look at what Boston did with less talent.

38 wins for Sixers? No way in hell. I am doubting very much they're gonna spend any $ this offseason even tho they have it in spades. Sure, guys like DeMarre Carroll, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler would all be great additions into the lineup I suspect they're going to target free agents in '16 instead once the core of Embiid-Noel-Russell has played together and Saric is also coming over. Problem with waiting for '16 to sign FAs is the cap is going up, so their bountiful cap space isnt gonna be as valuable. Kind of a tough spot but I think this year they're going to want to take baby steps, while not tanking, but not trying to make the playoffs either. I suspect the $ they will spend this offseason will be moreso in the Randy Foye, Jameer Nelson-stratosphere of veterans who can help groom Russell but also arent long term investments.

I would like to see the Sixers move 1 or 2 of those #1 picks next year for another 1-2 #1 picks this yr. With Saric coming over in '16 WTF are they gonna do with 4 1st rd picks in addition to him? Need to spread some of this out. Also have 5 2nd rd picks this yr in which to also toss into a deal or 2. I suspect they will come out of this draft with another 1st round pick at some point.

The Sixers had one of the best defenses in the league the second half of the season.

Misleading stat. Their defense was still terrible in quarters 1-3, usually they were so far behind that the opposition would let off the gas/put in the subs and the Sixers would make it respectable. Their defensive #'s while down 15+ were great. When the games were close they were near the bottom of the league

How could anyone really think the Sixers were a good defensive team when trotting out a roster of d-leaguers?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT