ADVERTISEMENT

GoP candidates

Funny you say that. cat fat I didnt realize where I was for a moment must be the old age. Anyway its Margherita time over here in 1%ville catch you all later
MargheritaPizza.jpg

Even when the Republicans side with Obama he can't get his own party inline. Trade agreement died thanks to Unions and Pelosi. Dems are just the party of no

Unions stood their ground today against the GOP that supports the right to work for less.

Gr8 thread.

Piper laying the smackdown on the youngins. Looks like school is out of session for now. No substitute for experience and hard work but some have yet to learn that lesson!

Reactions: tjc3844
They paid their fair share by booing vietnam vets and creating the housing and student loan bubbles.
Only the drugged out Democrats who now hold public office booed the returning Vietnam Vets. And, it is your parents' generation that caused the housing and student loan bubbles.

Piper laid some serious smack down on some ignorant posters in this thread. Can't wait to BUILD SEVERAL COMPANIES FROM THE GROUND UP and then use it to build credibility in a farcical politics thread on a third tier college basketball newsgroup.

Agree, we're at least 2nd tier. I'd say the 1st tier of INET pseudo hoops blogs.

I have to say in just about every other country the older generation is treated with so much more respect. TJC is 71YO the lack of respect from some of you is an embarrassment to whatever generation you are from.

Reactions: jvm3
I have to say in just about every other country the older generation is treated with so much more respect. TJC is 71YO the lack of respect from some of you is an embarrassment to whatever generation you are from.
Those who want respect, give respect.

In just about every other country, people are held in high respect because of non-sensical traditions where people were treated better/worse based on their position in life (age, ethnicity, family relations, etc.). Here, people are judge on the content of their individual character. Old schmucks and young schmucks operate on the same playing field, namely BW 4.6. You do not get bonus points for having existed longer.

In China, pipermal's adopted favored nation, there is a major impending epidemic regarding the elderly - namely, the young either do not want or no longer have the ability to care for their seniors. Currently there are about 175M people 65 or older in China ( more than i thought given the shitty living conditions for most over there - but a higher number than any other nation nonetheless) - but that number is expected to explode to over 400M in the next 25 years. They currently have assisted living care for roughly less than 1% of the current 175M.

So not so much respect for the elderly in China these days. I'm sure most would rather have a bed than a bow.

Have the means? Sounds like building elderly homes in China is a nice field to get in.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
Is this still going? Since we're making fun of the GOP. Can I get the Dems to weight in on the fact their only candidate for President commands $250K+ per speech while her husband has banked over $100 Mil for speeches and she is trying to appeal as the champion of the left? All in spite of the fact we all know who she is and her history of catering to the 1% at every stop of her own career? Aren't you folks offended or you just don't care because it's Hillary? Seriously, I was talking to a bunch of my Dem buddies today and even they are offended.They are waiting to draft Biden. it's like the last 20 years of Hillary's life didn't happen. Hey, I'm a champion of the little guy even though I haven't driven a car in 30 years. You can tell even she doesn't believe but realizes she needs to say it. Great drama it's going to be watching her completely impload.

Only the drugged out Democrats who now hold public office booed the returning Vietnam Vets.

#1 A huge number of returning Vietnam vets were drugged out on heavier stuff than just pot. TWENTY percent of soldiers self-admitted that they were addicted to herion.

#2 Most of those vets never wanted to fight in the first place. There was, you know, the "draft"?

Is this still going? Since we're making fun of the GOP. Can I get the Dems to weight in on the fact their only candidate for President commands $250K+ per speech while her husband has banked over $100 Mil for speeches and she is trying to appeal as the champion of the left?

Those stupid Dems won't have a response for this. Very ill-advised move of Hillary to run on the "I'm not rich" platform. Never seen that work for a rich person.

Thanks, pipermal1. But, no need to worry about it. I don't take any of the stupid comments seriously from the bafoons who make them. I'm sure you've noticed they aren't the sharpest tacks in the box. Since they can't compete intellectually, the just snipe at other posters and wind up ruining threads.

You're no Einstein yourself. I'd cite examples but there are too many to count.

Please don't insult democrat presidential candidates - they are older americans who we need to hold in a high light like all other countries in the world. No Trump jokes either please - he built a company from the ground up

Reactions: NickleDimer
Trump did build an empire and has turned his name into a brand. Lot to be said about that. No one can argue with what he has accomplished from a professional stand point. I am not a big fan but I respect his those accomplishments. its not an easy thing to pull off

Trump canned by NBC liberals. Love his quote on Brian Williams. Guy definitely speaks his mind. He didnt know this is only allowed by liberals he needs to learn the rules

The economy continues to crumble. Only 225k new jobs added this month. Unemployment didn't fall fast enough to 5.3%. Who will save us from this tailspin? Rand Paul? He has got some great plans for corporate economic assistance.

id vote for anyone that can help the economy and the country as a whole. if its trump or christie thats fine. so what they dont have people skills, who cares. the country and states are broke. give me someone who knows business and can fix that or at least make it better.

the Democrats just spend spend spend, enough. every man for themselves, no more handouts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT