ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Embiid setback

No one likes ripping a player who actually won something while sucking-off another who hasn't.

At least the Rockets were viable this year.

The talk of ripping Hinkie for taking Embiid is silly bullshit. He HAD to take him. Look what went after him. Exum. Gordon. Vonleh. Smart. Stauskas. GARBAGE. He wanted Wiggins but you can't take a guy who isn't there.

Embiid was the right pick. Every team in that spot would've made the same pick.

Reactions: kjbert
No one likes ripping a player who actually won something while sucking-off another who hasn't.

At least the Rockets were viable this year.

Is saying one player is better than another player 'sucking off' that player? I dont think so. It was a simple comparison that trigger that little gem form you. Nothing more.

Anyway - the Rockets were solid this year - they actually equaled their playoff series win total from the previous 18 years. I suppose like giving players credit for how teams play aftre they leave their team, it's proper to give Hinke credit for Houston's success 3 years after he left.

There was more to the discussion than just that. Everyone knows Howard's been a shell of what he once was. Everyone understood that Duda was better than Howard last year. However, there were some on here arguing (Not sure if you were one or not; I tend to think it was probably Foye) that Duda's career would be better.

Houston being viable comment has nothing to do with Hinkie, but everything to do with the ball-sucking of a player who has been on a team that has not been viable to date. Maybe, that changes this year. Speaking of chokes, but the Nats are still having problems swallowing. Leaving the door open. Then again, that team really isn't good if you take the Phillies off their schedule. NL East worst division in baseball thanks to not only the teams at bottom but the teams at top, too.

So to be clear: when the Nats win the division Burrs says this was expected but the Nats aren't very good and division titles are meaningless? Or, when they win the division Burrs says I called it all along but fi they fail to win the title they are still chokers even though I don't think they are any good? Just let me know now so we can all pat you on the back later if they fail to win it all.

There was more to the discussion than just that. Everyone knows Howard's been a shell of what he once was. Everyone understood that Duda was better than Howard last year. However, there were some on here arguing (Not sure if you were one or not; I tend to think it was probably Foye) that Duda's career would be better.

Houston being viable comment has nothing to do with Hinkie, but everything to do with the ball-sucking of a player who has been on a team that has not been viable to date. Maybe, that changes this year. Speaking of chokes, but the Nats are still having problems swallowing. Leaving the door open. Then again, that team really isn't good if you take the Phillies off their schedule. NL East worst division in baseball thanks to not only the teams at bottom but the teams at top, too.

I never once recalled anyone saying at that point that Duda would have a better career. Show me where that was said. Never happened. Let's keep in Planet Intellectual Honesty. Far as the rest, it's June. Lots of bad teams look good into June, lots of good teams look bad into June, and lots of mediocre to date teams get on a tear after June. Baseball becoming more like NFL or NHL - just get in and be healthy and go from there. #SFG #STL.

I never once recalled anyone saying at that point that Duda would have a better career. Show me where that was said. Never happened. Let's keep in Planet Intellectual Honesty. Far as the rest, it's June. Lots of bad teams look good into June, lots of good teams look bad into June, and lots of mediocre to date teams get on a tear after June. Baseball becoming more like NFL or NHL - just get in and be healthy and go from there. #SFG #STL.

Now, you know damn well that we can't go back to last summer to produce threads.

No one had a problem admitting that Duda was a better player than Howard last year. At any point of the season. Really. The evidence was there for all to see. There were other parts to this discussion. Again, you may not have been included in this and I lead the league intellectual honesty, so no worries there.

So to be clear: when the Nats win the division Burrs says this was expected but the Nats aren't very good and division titles are meaningless? Or, when they win the division Burrs says I called it all along but fi they fail to win the title they are still chokers even though I don't think they are any good? Just let me know now so we can all pat you on the back later if they fail to win it all.

Yea, let's be clear.

I predicted the Nats to win the division. I expect them to win the division. Winning the division is a good thing and definitely counts.

But at this time they have been one of the more disappointing teams in baseball. Fact. They are leaving the door open for a mediocre Mets' club.

I do agree with Dmil in the just get in mindset. You never know what can happen.

Where did I say they weren't any good?

Again, intellectual honesty.

Burrs has become such a thread killer. Unable to reasonably discuss anything.

Actually, it's quite the opposite. However, if a poster is going to write something with the intention of busting chops (And I don't really mind this even a little), then expect something to be returned. That's just how I roll.

I'm all for being reasonable.

Anyhow, this coming from the guy who only posted pics to begin the thread is good stuff. I really do love the double standards that a high % of your guys live by. Really, really good stuff.

What do you mean by "your guys"? Is this similar to saying, "you people"? Can I get a ruling?

I think he is referring to a "same small group".
No discussion he is involved in ever evolves past the point at which he entered it. Hundreds of posts may be posted, but they are entirely blowhardery.

Yea, because your first three entries to this thread were filled with wisdom.

So uh about Embiid....

Why are the words "Lucas Duda" in this thread!?

The 76ers long term strategy really seems to be working out. I wonder if those who defended it vigorously will ever issue a mea gulpa.

Like I always said, but a time we come when Hinkie's reign will be easy to judge. It will be there for all to see.

Who on here has defended it vigorously?

I can only speak for myself, but what I have defended is to give his plan a chance because we have seen all other plans fail anyway. Not once did I ever utter that it would 100% work. Not a once.

So uh about Embiid....

Why are the words "Lucas Duda" in this thread!?

Because Dmil felt the need to bring up something I said last year about Duda. No big deal in my eyes, but when people wonder why threads get detailed then here is the reason why.

Now, you know damn well that we can't go back to last summer to produce threads.

No one had a problem admitting that Duda was a better player than Howard last year. At any point of the season. Really. The evidence was there for all to see. There were other parts to this discussion. Again, you may not have been included in this and I lead the league intellectual honesty, so no worries there.

When your response to a simple statistical comparison between two players is "Call me when the other player wins something" - obviously you had a problem with admitting Duda was the better player. Again, honestly do not recall anyone even mentioning the careers. Mostly because it never happened. If anything there was talk of career after the 'call me when he wins something' comment along the lines of Duda's career having some time left, and Howards all but over. Perhaps in that context - but there was no career comparison other than that. FACT!

When your response to a simple statistical comparison between two players is "Call me when the other player wins something" - obviously you had a problem with admitting Duda was the better player. Again, honestly do not recall anyone even mentioning the careers. Mostly because it never happened. If anything there was talk of career after the 'call me when he wins something' comment along the lines of Duda's career having some time left, and Howards all but over. Perhaps in that context - but there was no career comparison other than that. FACT!

And I honestly do remember. So here we are. Can't prove it either way, so best to just drop it.

Howard has been subpar for awhile. Duda had good year last year. I'm not blind. There was more to the discussion.

Didnt ruin the thread and I did not bring up Duda at all. You did. Comment about is about Hinkie, topic of this thread pretty much. And fact remains, what have the Rockets won?

You brought up the "call me when he wins something" line which is your subtle way of throwing in a dig. Again, no problem with it. It's all in good fun. Just expect a response. That's all.

I don't care about the Rockets. I don't care about Hinkie's time there. Simply pointing out they went to the WC finals and were a viable team.

Just confused on why you brought up Lucas Duda in a basketball thread, and you are misremembering anyone comparing their careers. Reagrdless, Rockets have been irrelevant for about 20 years, and he got the job based upon his work there. It was a fair question to ask, and remains so. But I guess to answer my own question, the answer is not much in the last 18 years or so.

Pay attention. You brought up the line I did provide about Duda. You knew exactly what you were doing. So, don't play the......What? Who me bit?

I'm not misremembering. You are. It's ok, tho. We can both let it go or you can continue to mention it. Your choice.

Again, I don't care about the Rockets. And what was the fair question? I'd be happy to answer it if possible. Thus, getting back on track about basketball.

And right on cue, the 2 dick bags ruin another thread with a slap fight. Can't make this shit up anymore.

The attempt to get Saric over this year tells me the Sixers are planning to have Embiid undergo another surgery which would sideline him another season. If that's the case and they can't get Saric over this year I almost expect the Sixers to take Porzingis.

The Embiid news coupled with not getting anoly of those 3 #1s this year is just a double dose of nut kicks. We don't deserve this shit.

And right on cue, the 2 dick bags ruin another thread with a slap fight. Can't make this shit up anymore.

In fairness, the next time you have meaningful dialogue in a thread will be the first time. That really doesn't interest you, so I'm not sure why what he do is any concern of yours.

Reactions: TommySalami
You two still 69ing I see.

Not sure what other explaination there can be other than a re injuring of the foot. Nothing else really makes sense.

We will get the real answer re: Embiid based on who the Sixers draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT