ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Embiid setback

Do the fans deserve it ?

Considering the venue here that's probably a rhetorical question.

In all seriousness - Sixers have a devoted fanbase. They deserve better than this. This has to turn soon.

If the fan base cared that much they would STOP watching and going to the games. Ownership is smart - probably there for the appreciation - so why spend anything you dont have to while you wait. They most likely have not lost a dime in daily operations and now can cash out with a windfall. Very smart. Fans? Well, tough luck. If you are lucky, they will cash out soon. As a Met fan, their owners dont even do that They just use the team as an ATM in perpetuity.

We will get the real answer re: Embiid based on who the Sixers draft.

I do t necessarily subscribe to this. The Sixers are still at the point of taking the best available player and not drafting on need. With that said, I have zero clue who Hinkie believes is the best player. If he feels that it's Porzingis then that's who he'll take regardless of Embiid's status.

You two still 69ing I see.

Not sure what other explaination there can be other than a re injuring of the foot. Nothing else really makes sense.

I just told him that he hasn't been part of any worthwhile dialogue. Yet, we're 69ing. You're strange sometimes.

Onto your second point. Absolutely a reasonable explanation. One might think that.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25215460

I read this last night and it's at least a little bit encouraging. With that said, until the Sixers provide more information then I'll step back from thinking overly positive.

IMO, I'm not sure it's broke or re-injured again. It could be a matter of the bone not appearing they way it should a year after the surgery. I think Embiid has been working out and probably feeling good like the reports indicate. He's probably not experiencing pain at this time. However, based on how the bone looks the doctors may feel that it could lead to trouble down the road and the Sixers are contemplating on whether or not to fix it again now. Not sure. There's a lot of speculation out there.

I would prefer to invest my time in a basketball team where the hope lies in draft picks developing on the court, not in the MRI machine.

I'm just curious. If you have no interest in providing a serious answer then that's cool.

Would you have passed on Embiid in that spot last year? If so, who would you have selected?

I would have traded it for 5 second round picks and drafted injured players that are stuck in European contracts. Then when they arrive in two years, I would low-ball them with fully unguaranteed contracts and then trade them to the Rockets for more second round picks if they perform well.

Reactions: cleanwave
I would have traded it for 5 second round picks and drafted injured players that are stuck in European contracts. Then when they arrive in two years, I would low-ball them with fully unguaranteed contracts and then trade them to the Rockets for more second round picks if they perform well.

You're such a dick. I'll move on.

200_s.gif

Every move the Sixers have made has been aimed at minimizing their risk of long term salary obligations while being able to explain away the lack of talent as a future plan. Acquiring talent has been secondary. Its more profitable to play the NBA lottery, stay at the salary minimum and only bring in FA talent when you finally hit gold and get your Lebron/Durant/Rose.

They averaged 14k last year. Another 5k fans @ $50 per, 41 games. Is $8M. Sure, there's other financial benefits of having a better team, but $8M might get you a 3rd tier player, an extra 5 wins and lower lottery odds.

Actually, every move they have made has been towards maximizing their chances at landing a franchise player. Until that happens no marquee FAs will want to sign here.

I'm not stating any certainties, burrs. Just doing a mental exercise where I review all the current big men without any hint of a perimeter game that could make their team a contender on their own. I'm struggling to come up with examples other than Embiid and Brow.

One example. Small sample size. Unique circumstances.

NBA goes through waves in terms of trends. Small ball will dominate for a few years (because lebron, curry, harden, durant are best players and you try to match them), then Anthony Davis becomes the best and it becomes all about having the right guys to stop Davis.

Maybe? Regardless, I expect a regression to the basketball mean where tall guys are good to have. Not saying it's the right move by the Sixers to not have any guards worth anything though..

Winners go where they can be paid & win. philly ain't paying players or winning.

You have lost your mind Burrs on the 76'rs.

Get a grip

Reactions: NickleDimer
Winners go where they can be paid & win. philly ain't paying players or winning.

You have lost your mind Burrs on the 76'rs.

Get a grip

How so?

What have I said that is the least bit irrational? Please, please produce it.

Last edited:
Bill Self stated within the last week that "Joel looks great and has no pain".

Something is peculiar here. Those 2 are very close supposedly and Self doesnt have an agenda. What gives?

I dont think he reinjured himself. I think this report was leaked now for an express purpose - for the draft and so the team doesnt have to risk playing him summer leagues. I think they expected the navicular bone to appear stronger than before the surgery and it doesnt appear to them the way it should after a year's time...so they are concerned with the prospect of reinjury....and are consulting more doctor opinions to see if an alternative type of surgery would strengthen the bone further to lessen the risk of reinjury. I dont think he reinjured it but they probably believe it may be a matter of time before he does because the first surgery was supposed to strengthen the bone - and it didnt.

Gdoggie is more rational on what Philly ownership is doing to the franchise. Follow his lead

No. I want you to cite specific comments by me that shows I'm being irrational. Either do it or shut the **** up.

Bill Self stated within the last week that "Joel looks great and has no pain".

Something is peculiar here. Those 2 are very close supposedly and Self doesnt have an agenda. What gives?

I dont think he reinjured himself. I think this report was leaked now for an express purpose - for the draft and so the team doesnt have to risk playing him summer leagues. I think they expected the navicular bone to appear stronger than before the surgery and it doesnt appear to them the way it should after a year's time...so they are concerned with the prospect of reinjury....and are consulting more doctor opinions to see if an alternative type of surgery would strengthen the bone further to lessen the risk of reinjury. I dont think he reinjured it but they probably believe it may be a matter of time before he does because the first surgery was supposed to strengthen the bone - and it didnt.

This reads like a WIP call.

No this reads like a WIP call:

"Hinkie is an idiot. Damaged goods! He should've drafted Exum. Err Gordon. Err Stauskas. Err Smart. Err Doug Buckets. Err Vonleh. Those guys would be saving the franchise. Fire Hinkie!"

You really have to appreciate ND's contributions to this newsgroup. He doesn't ever give a legitimate opinion on a particular topic. He just mocks everyone else's. When asked what he would have done or what he would do? He just regurgitates some stale punchline. And when someone doesn't laugh he just authors up that this person is void of a sense of humor. Like clockwork.

76ers. Serious business.

Not at all, but doesn't injecting the same old, stale lines ever get old for you? I mean every time a Sixers' conversation starts its the same thing.

I think you know a little bit, but you never bring anything of quality to the conversation. Tell us what you think, but in the meantime spare everyone your typical smart-ass response. At least every now and then.

Burrito,

Are you pulling for Iggy to win a Championship tonite or does the hate of success run that deep?

Burrito,

Are you pulling for Iggy to win a Championship tonite or does the hate of success run that deep?

I actually was always a Iggy fan. I thought he got a bad rap here by mostly dumb fans. He was never a #1 guy, really never paid that way either, but don't tell that to the band of clueless idiots. He's been a good player and on this GS team serves an ideal role and purpose. I think it would be nice for him to get a ring. I'd be happy for him.

Are you going to continue to make dickheaded comments or are you going to cite the irrational comments that I have made. I'm still waiting.

Wait a minute speaking of irrational, aren't you the clown that thinks 9/11 was an inside job. Beat it, weirdo.

Here's a summary of your current CoP opinions:
Eagles: In Chip We Trust.
76ers: In Hinkie We Trust.
Phillies: In Ruben We Trust.
Villanova Basketball: perennial underachievers

Inaccurate and Yawn worthy. Back to the drawing board, douchey.

thats 3 out of 4. no one trusts Ruben, most are in love with Chip and not enough people care about the Sixers to really care if Hinkies plan works or not. Hinkies plan is all based on luck. are we lucky enough to draft players with broken feet and have them play for us two years later.

Burrito,

Are we on the same side as ISIS/Al queda in Syria?

Did we arm the radical Islamist in Libya?

If you haven't figured out 911 you certainly can't see clearly on a Financial NBA owner not caring about winning

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT