ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Embiid setback

Hinkie---too early to tell
Chip-----too early to tell
Reuben---wait until the trade deadline
Nova----you nailed it.

-----Burrs

Reactions: NickleDimer
Inaccurate and Yawn worthy. Back to the drawing board, douchey.

Not in the least bit inaccurate really. Maybe a bit on the RAJ side, but not much. That's more of a "Free pass for RAJ - 5X Div Champions!" side than "in RAJ we trust".

Still trying to say he doesnt dislike Nova. That always gets a chuckle from me. That's actually his best ball impression.

Please post an accurate one sentence summary of your outlook for those 4 topics, then.

I will in a minute, but beforehand I'll tell you I don't blindly trust anyone. There is plenty of evidence here. You guys just choose to ignore it.

Additionally, I understand that professional championships don't grow on trees. I just want the teams to be viable and at least be in the conversation.

Not in the least bit inaccurate really. Maybe a bit on the RAJ side, but not much. That's more of a "Free pass for RAJ - 5X Div Champions!" side than "in RAJ we trust".

Still trying to say he doesnt dislike Nova. That always gets a chuckle from me. That's actually his best ball impression.

I like Jay (Cite one time I blasted Jay) and the team. I don't care about anything else Nova related. I'll acknowledge that SOME Nova people are annoying (A perception mostly developed thru interaction on this board). Some of you aren't as special as you think you are. That's were it ends.

Burrito,

Are we on the same side as ISIS/Al queda in Syria?

Did we arm the radical Islamist in Libya?

If you haven't figured out 911 you certainly can't see clearly on a Financial NBA owner not caring about winning

I have ZERO interest in discussing this, weirdo. Take it someplace else.

Here's a summary of your current CoP opinions:
Eagles: In Chip We Trust.
76ers: In Hinkie We Trust.
Phillies: In Ruben We Trust.
Villanova Basketball: perennial underachievers

I can't do it in just one sentence. Sorry.

1. I think Chip is a good coach, but some of his techniques might hold him back in the long run. In two years I think he has shown promise.

2. I think Hinkie is smart, but smart people sometimes fail. There will be no in-between, he'll either be successful or a colossal failure. I support the plan because every plan had failed since '01.

3. I don't think RAJ is good, but I think ownership has dictated a lot of those moves. I don't place all of the blame on him. He's not some lone wolf here.

4. Nova is a good CBB program. They win a lot of games and I enjoy watching them like I have since the age of 12-13. The last few years have been disappointing in terms of tournament performances. Jay's a good dude and coach. He's represented them well.

Not enough time...unless you are Mike Rizzo.

(You have been on him for 4 years or so)

One, I haven't been on him for four years. It started last year. Plus, "on him" is an exaggeration. But isn't four longer than two?

And I never said Rizzo wasn't good. I just don't call him a genius. In fact, three weeks ago I stated that I don't blame Rizzo for the Nats not winning a playoff series yet. I put that blame on the players. Just like I did with the Phillies' players from 09-11.

So two years is enough time to have it figured out? Seems a bit unrealistic.
There's nothing for Hinkie to "figure out". He's executing his plan: cut expenses to the bone, pray that some stars materialize out of the draft. It's not a 2-year plan or a 5 year plan. It's a ??? year plan. There's no reason to watch that team in the mean time. None. They are not trying to entertain you now. If you attend their games it is out of habit or you bought their weak sauce "we're building something" sales pitch. It's the sports entertainment equivalent of "the check is in the mail".

Reactions: cleanwave
Wait, now you are going to say you have not been on Rizzo for years? And that you have not even been giving him a hard time?

What do you think no one else is reading the boards?

Wait, now you are going to say you have not been on Rizzo for years? And that you have not even been giving him a hard time?

What do you think no one else is reading the boards?

Yes, I'm saying it hasn't been years. I have sporadically brought his name up with ADP from time to time.

Listen closely, I don't think Mike Rizzo is bad at what he does. I break ADP's balls about not winning a playoff series yet. Ultimately, I blame the players anyway.

Now, did you read that?

It has never been a daily or weekly thing with that. It has happened but you're exaggerating.

There's nothing for Hinkie to "figure out". He's executing his plan: cut expenses to the bone, pray that some stars materialize out of the draft. It's not a 2-year plan or a 5 year plan. It's a ??? year plan. There's no reason to watch that team in the mean time. None. They are not trying to entertain you now. If you attend their games it is out of habit or you bought their weak sauce "we're building something" sales pitch. It's the sports entertainment equivalent of "the check is in the mail".

Now, I can live this. I don't agree with all of it, but at least you're providing some insight to what you think.

I do think he's all about maximizing the amount of chances a team has into landing that special player. What I would say is that I don't think he should have forever to see it happened. However, you do need to build thru the draft and supplement later on with FAs.,

So you didn't make any comment about him shutting down Strasburg in 2012?
Got it.

What do you think I'm F%#king stupid Hans?

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: CWertz
So you didn't make any comment about him shutting down Strasburg in 2012?
Got it.

What do you think I'm F%#king stupid Hans?

hqdefault.jpg

Yes, I did. It was probably the first time. I disagreed with it. Opportunities in the playoffs don't come around all that often and I believe when its in your grasp go try and get it.

Still, disagreeing with that is far different than blasting the guy at every turn like you suggested.

Furthermore, Rizzo was appointed as GM in '09. Was I on here blasting him 09-10-11? He's now in year seven. Hinkie and Chip have each completed two years.

In the spirit of intellectual honesty, lowry99 is the Rizzo Offender in Chief. It evolved from. Lowry's unhealthy man love for Jayson Werth. He will never forgive Rizzo for stealing his first true love. He had to return his "28" jersey and shave the beard. Only the garden knome remains.

Burrs isn't as bad but a lesser offender.

In the spirit of intellectual honesty, lowry99 is the Rizzo Offender in Chief. It evolved from. Lowry's unhealthy man love for Jayson Werth. He will never forgive Rizzo for stealing his first true love. He had to return his "28" jersey and shave the beard. Only the garden knome remains.

I plead guilty to my lesser offending.

And just for the record, all and all Rizzo seems to have done a good job and doesn't deserve to be fired or anything like that.

Officially GM in 2010 and you were on his case in 2012. Now, you're out of the family business Carlo, that's your punishment, but don't tell me you're innocent because it insults my intelligence.

Officially GM in 2010 and you were on his case in 2012. Now, you're out of the family business Carlo, that's your punishment, but don't tell me you're innocent because it insults my intelligence.

Stop. You're begging. You're not involved here. Even ADP cleared the air some. Don't tell me what you remember from four years ago.

And he became full-time GM during '09 season.

And I admitted that I blasted his decision to sit his best pitcher in the playoffs. It was dumb.

Stop. You're begging. You're not involved here. Even ADP cleared the air some. Don't tell me what you remember from four years ago.

And he became full-time GM during '09 season.

And I admitted that I blasted his decision to sit his best pitcher in the playoffs. It was dumb.

You admitted what I remember - you taking Rizzo shots two years in. Good for the goose as you keep saying...OK to take Rizzo shots (he made the playoffs 2 3 years in) need more time for ole Hinke - classic burrsie.

You admitted what I remember - you taking Rizzo shots two years in. Good for the goose as you keep saying...OK to take Rizzo shots (he made the playoffs 2 3 years in) need more time for ole Hinke - classic burrsie.

Do you conveniently skip over the parts when I say that Rizzo has mostly done a good job, that the losing in playoffs was on players, and I don't think he shouldn't be the GM? Jesus....most of it has been playful jabs with ADP. Seriously, pay fukking better attention. Rizzo discussion on the board isn't 1/100th of what Hinkie discussion has been.

And your math sucks. He was GM in 09-10-11. The Strasburg year was 12, right? That's four years. And that decision was the only thing I questioned. Which was fair, no? I never said he should be fired. I never said Hinkie can't be criticized for certain things. God, I hate when you act slow.

I'll admit that I think Rizzo is an a$$hole, and is given too much credit for where the Nationals are today -- stinking for about 10 years (most of those in DC, which most current Nats fans apparently have no idea about) and rolling up tons of high picks -- including hitting the lottery in multiple years with the No. 1 overall pick after being the worst team in all of baseball year after year pulling Harper and to a lesser extent Strasburg had more to do with it. Those were no-brainer picks, without Harper this team would struggle to score one run a game, as it has in his absences.

Also think it's funny how no one wants to blame him for the way he's aseembled a team that can't get it done in the playoffs. We'll see again this year. The way he ignores defense in building a NL team is odd to me, also think his faith in Storen will bite him again -- guy is a choker.

Also, many comments like he invented the game. Was amused by his "fake tough" tirade at Hamels after he plunked Harper a few years ago.

all that said, I would take him and almost anyone else over the Rube in a heartbeat. Have wanted Rube fired since 5 minutes after I heard about Lee to Seattle and have not wavered since.

Nothing to do with Werth though. I liked Werth and generally still do, appreciate his commitment to continued juicing at times when it can help his team. But think he's a weird dude and a little bit of a bit$h after he broke his wrist a couple years ago, some Philly fans in his own ballpark mocked him as he wept about it coming off the field and he complained about it, ripping Philly fans. Should have been ripping "DC fans" for not being in the stands.

unless one of the two bigs drops to 4 Phil and the Knicks are looking to the trade the pick to either the sixers or boston who have lots of future 1st rds.

Burrs - do the Sixers want Mudiay at 4 if they can get him and Russell at 3? or do they go the Euro guy at 4? if they can give up two first rd picks next year to get this years 4 do they do it?

they have their pick, the Lakers (top 3 protected), OKC and Miami with some protection on those. thats 4, worth trading two of those for #4 this year?

I don't think the Knicks can afford to leave draft night with nothing but future picks. At least from a PR sense. I heard Sheridan suggest this earlier this morning and I don't think it's feasible. I'm not sure trading 4 picks next year for one high one this year is something Hinkie will do anyway.

A more likely scenario for the NYK is that they trade #4 for a pick between 8-12 (Where they take a kid like Lykes) and get a a good veteran back.

the knicks are rebuilding, nothing phil would do would shock me. he needs lots of picks in the next two years. leveraging this years 4 is a good start. one pick like trey lyles and an expiring contract is not gonna sell tickets or help them win.

unloading Melo would be a good start. but no one will take him and his contract. guy is a cancer. but he can score!

Phil doesn't strike me as being someone who wants to be overly patient. He's old. I don't think he has any interest in some patient, 4-6 year plan.

He probably just as well add a couple of veteran FAs to put with Melo and roll the dice hoping to catch a little lightning.

the knicks are about 3 #1 overall picks from being good.

Burrs - was just looking at the Sixers picks from 93-96. Bradley #2 AI #1 in 93 and 96. Stackhouse #3 in 95. talk about a bad pick with Bradley , they could have had Penny Hardaway, AI and Stackhouse on the same team. or Stackhouse, AI and Mashburn. then Larry hughes in 97 cause Larry Brown told him he would pick him if he was there as a favor. what horrible management. AI was the only one that was around. and then Lary Brown wanted to trade AI for Stackhouse after the Sixers sent Stack to Detroit. OMG , what a horrible franchise

AI
Penny
Pierce
Stackhouse

that should have been the team.

Such a simple way of looking at it. Chances are if Hardaway is drafted instead of Bradley, then AI doesn't happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT