ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles - LOL

What's Instagram?
How much a hipster weighs.

Carlos-Mencia.jpg

All this stuff is cyclical. The NFL was going to be on top indefinitely - by a mile - only a year or two ago. Meanwhile, they've trotted out one of the most unentertaining seasons in memory, and the NBA is putting out it's best product in years.

The death of football as a spectator sport continues to be greatly exaggerated on this board. What's going to take its place at the top of the food chain? NBA, really?

Think about the amount of people that you hear talking about what happened in regular season NBA games vs regular season NFL games. Or NBA playoffs vs. NFL playoffs/Super Bowl. The gap is extraordinarily wide, and I can't see the NBA closing it. I can't ever even remember hearing responsible adults discussing a regular season NBA game, unless they happened to be in attendance. Baseball is too slow for most people and already lost this perch decades ago. Hockey is a niche sport. Soccer will never match it as a spectator sport here.

You guys are all complaining about the mediocrity, officiating, etc. -- but you're all obviously still watching, paying attention and talking about it based on your comments. You'll be watching for the rest of your lives. It's a part of our culture -- and like American culture generally, it is not perfect and has problems, but it goes on just fine.

And the millennials love their fantasy football, fanduel and men's names on their backs too. NFL is not going anywhere.

Chip Kelly will right the ship and the Birds will make iIt to the NFC title game losing to Carolina.
I cracked up at this. He is terrible. Getting killed by Ray didinger (who is as Eagles fans know the voice that matters when it comes to the Birds). He just went off on him. Kelly won't be back next year. Just can't cut it at this level. Sanchez gives them a better chance though. Huge upgrade from Bradford

I cracked up at this. He is terrible. Getting killed by Ray didinger (who is as Eagles fans know the voice that matters when it comes to the Birds). He just went off on him. Kelly won't be back next year. Just can't cut it at this level. Sanchez gives them a better chance though. Huge upgrade from Bradford
Disagree on both accounts. Chip will not be going anywhere after this year and Sanchez is a bum. He simply does not take enough care of the ball. His turnovers killed the Eagles last season when they went from 9-3 to 9-6.

hoops - I agree Sanchez sucks. That was more of a knock on Bradford who was near the bottom in the NFL at his position. He couldn't be any worse. Chip probably will get 1 more year but many don't think he should as a GM. His GM duties have been awful

hoops - I agree Sanchez sucks. That was more of a knock on Bradford who was near the bottom in the NFL at his position. He couldn't be any worse. Chip probably will get 1 more year but many don't think he should as a GM. His GM duties have been awful
I wish I could argue with that but can't. I thought Bradford was coming along lately. The TD pass to Huff was nice because he avoided the rush and extended the play. I wanted to see more of that. That is the only thing Sanchez brings to the table - he is somewhat mobile. I just can't trust him throwing the ball. I'm hoping Bradford is only out 1-2 weeks. The Eagles should be able to beat the Bucs and Lions with Sanchez and they have no chance vs Pats either way. They need Bradford for the stretch run to try and take the division.

Eagles dont need to go out and get a receiver this offseason. They need to go out and get 2.

If Riley Cooper is still on this roster next year my f'n head will explode.

So far the last 2 first rounders have been busts. Algholor has been a huge disappointment. I'm still hoping he can turn this season around.

8-0 home vs 3-5 on MNF. Cant you tell the difference between these teams?

Yeah, me either.

I remember watching the draft in '14 and thinking Martavis Bryant would look really good here in Round 3. Or maybe John Brown as a home run hitter who did nothing but make big plays at UNC. We got...Josh Huff.

I can't believe a two touchdown fave lost outright in the NFL game. You have to go all the way back to the Lions Packers game for the last time thats happened.

I Wouldn't write Agholor off. he hasn't been healthy all year essentially.

the problem is both he and Matthews excel in the slot and they cant both play there

Agholor isn't hopeless. But if he doesn't show something by the end of the year then they need 2 new receivers instead of 1.

bump....I said day 1 they would be 8-8. I may have been a little off. They may not win 7. A terrible team. Post game seeing westbrook blast them was interesting. Rendell had abag over his head. Didinger said the Lions will be favored Thurs b/c the Eagles wouldn't be favored against anyone. Chip has lost these guys. Played with no heart. Chip won't be around after next year if another of these seasons occurs

I was impressed with Winston. He stood in the pocket and made some nice throws. Bucs are definitely an ascending team.

Reactions: brill
ADP- I have to hear your take on all this dumpster fire surrounding the Eagles. Every day more comes out. Today an ex Oregon player who played for Chip in the NFL said his bullying might work with 18 year olds who don't see how simple his system is but grown men don't want to hear him. And an agent of a current Eagle saying players that normally would play hurt won't now and the locker room doesn't believe in Chip at all. It's bad in there. This season is in the toilet. And so is Chip. Adam Schefter thinks he is gone at the end of the season. I'm not sure he lasts that long

ADP- I have to hear your take on all this dumpster fire surrounding the Eagles. Every day more comes out. Today an ex Oregon player who played for Chip in the NFL said his bullying might work with 18 year olds who don't see how simple his system is but grown men don't want to hear him. And an agent of a current Eagle saying players that normally would play hurt won't now and the locker room doesn't believe in Chip at all. It's bad in there. This season is in the toilet. And so is Chip. Adam Schefter thinks he is gone at the end of the season. I'm not sure he lasts that long

BB2N

losing at home to Miami, Tampa and then at Detroit. Wow. that is a nightmare. Hasn't beaten a good team in his 3 years. Always beat the bad ones. So overrated as a coach

I never understand the good college coaches jumping to the pros. NBA or NFL.

Chip Kelly had a cushy job at Oregon. I'm sure he will have no problem finding another gig in college next yr, but he already had a good thing going.

I've been a Chip Kelly supporter, and I sill want to give him a chance - but man this season from day 1 has been brutal. It's been a dink and dunk offense with no creativity. He hasn't been aggressive at all with his play calling. I don't know what it is but when you're the one calling all the shots the blame falls on you.

I really think he'll be back next year, but it would not shock me at all if both parties mutually agree to part ways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT