ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles - LOL

ADP- I have to hear your take on all this dumpster fire surrounding the Eagles. Every day more comes out. Today an ex Oregon player who played for Chip in the NFL said his bullying might work with 18 year olds who don't see how simple his system is but grown men don't want to hear him. And an agent of a current Eagle saying players that normally would play hurt won't now and the locker room doesn't believe in Chip at all. It's bad in there. This season is in the toilet. And so is Chip. Adam Schefter thinks he is gone at the end of the season. I'm not sure he lasts that long
I'm stunned at how they appear to have rolled over. I don't put any stock in what some nameless former Oregon player says. You coach a few hundred kids during his tenure there are bound to be some malcontents. At least put your name to it. Regardless, sure looks like they quit. It's bad and I'm very surprised. If he does get fired, I could see him getting another NFL job where he doesn't have control on players. I"m not sold he's fired or sure he'd go back to college. I think he's going to be successful in the NFL.

I've been a Chip Kelly supporter, and I sill want to give him a chance - but man this season from day 1 has been brutal. It's been a dink and dunk offense with no creativity. He hasn't been aggressive at all with his play calling. I don't know what it is but when you're the one calling all the shots the blame falls on you.

I really think he'll be back next year, but it would not shock me at all if both parties mutually agree to part ways.

How can he be aggressive?? THEY HAVE NO OUTSIDE RECEIVERS to stretch the defense. Riley Cooper? Miles Austin? You f'n kidding me? Amazing how much more space everyone has to manuever on the field when you have DJack or Maclin to stretch a defense or occupy safeties. Bottom line is he thought his system trumped talent. He f*cked up. He knows he f*cked up but is obviously not gonna come out and say it during the season. He was right about Foles. He was DEAD WRONG letting Jackson and Maclin walk for zero compensation. What I really dont get is how he thought Murray was a better fit for the shotgun read than McCoy. If you're gonna still run an offense that's a shotgun off-tackle spread, why would Murray be a better fit than McCoy?! McCoy can get the edge. Murray can not. Just like Ryan Mathews has the speed to get the edge and is a better schematic fit. How did this genius think he would just plug Murray into this sort of offense? If you have a guy like Murray you need to cater the scheme around his skillset, and that means scrapping the shotgun and getting under center the large majority. He has tried that somewhat but not enough. Everything is made more complicated by not having Jackson or Maclin. Defenders are closer to the line of scrimmage. And they bring in Maxwell to play in a zone cover scheme when he did nothing but play press man in Seattle with safety help. It's mind boggling. It's also mind boggling the defense has completely imploded since losing Jordan Hicks in the middle. I mean I know the kid is a stud but come on. You still have Kendricks and Kiko Alonso in the middle. Kiko is so unbelievably soft and Kendricks isnt the same since cashing in. Shocker there.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
I'm stunned at how they appear to have rolled over. I don't put any stock in what some nameless former Oregon player says. You coach a few hundred kids during his tenure there are bound to be some malcontents. At least put your name to it. Regardless, sure looks like they quit. It's bad and I'm very surprised. If he does get fired, I could see him getting another NFL job where he doesn't have control on players. I"m not sold he's fired or sure he'd go back to college. I think he's going to be successful in the NFL.
Letting go of D jack was just stupid. He has shown he is a stretch the field kind of player which the Eagles lack. Mc Coy another stupid GM move. Chip the GM should have been fired already. Evan Mathis? let him walk? wow is he dumb

He's a horrific talent evaluator. Took one year to surmise this. He must be stripped of that title. If hes not OK with that tell him to take a walk.

No way he is okay with it. He is a genius. At least he thinks that. He would never give that up which is what might make it messy

No comments pretty much sums this eagles team up. Only reason I cared one iota this weekend is because I have such a firm dislike for the patriots. I refuse to buy back in on this team.

There's no real reason to buy back in. None at all. The team now "embarks" on a 3-game homestand which is a pretty much a death knell for this group. They suck at the Linc. Unless they're playing the Saints who can't stop anyone. Beat the Bills next week and maybe I will contemplate believing. Maybe. Probably not. The outside receivers are awful on this team. The team pretty much quit the last couple wks but were probably tired of being absolutely torched in the media so they decided to play hard to shut people up momentarily. And it's not hard to get up to play the Patriots (who basically suck on offense right now with all these guys hurt). Now expectations have returned so the team will likely choke. But would it really be a choke since they're just not good enough to be consistent anyway? It's really hard to evaluate much of anything once you get past a handful of teams in this league. Absolutely no clue what to expect. Would be nice if Ryan Mathews would come back. More of him means less of Murray. Kelly's gotta know by now his backfield needs to consist of only Mathews and Sproles. Both guys can make plays. You need guys with some burst on the field to compensate for the complete and utter lack of an aerial threat outside the hash marks. Teams only have to pay attention to 1 WR on this team and he plays the slot. Teams are already squatting on the line of scrimmage against this team and its compounded by Murray's plodding presence. Sproles and Mathews can gain the edge. I don't give a f*ck how much $ Murray makes. You can't run the guy off tackle out of the shotgun. It's like trying to slide your bird into a hole in a brick. It's gonna hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: brill
Remember when they almost went with old-ass Frank Gore as their RB this season? Gdog's been talking a lot of sense on the newsgroup lately. I now think of him as an insightful sports fan who is mush sometimes rather than solely as a mush.

There's no real reason to buy back in. None at all. The team now "embarks" on a 3-game homestand which is a pretty much a death knell for this group. They suck at the Linc. Unless they're playing the Saints who can't stop anyone. Beat the Bills next week and maybe I will contemplate believing. Maybe. Probably not. The outside receivers are awful on this team. The team pretty much quit the last couple wks but were probably tired of being absolutely torched in the media so they decided to play hard to shut people up momentarily. And it's not hard to get up to play the Patriots (who basically suck on offense right now with all these guys hurt). Now expectations have returned so the team will likely choke. But would it really be a choke since they're just not good enough to be consistent anyway? It's really hard to evaluate much of anything once you get past a handful of teams in this league. Absolutely no clue what to expect. Would be nice if Ryan Mathews would come back. More of him means less of Murray. Kelly's gotta know by now his backfield needs to consist of only Mathews and Sproles. Both guys can make plays. You need guys with some burst on the field to compensate for the complete and utter lack of an aerial threat outside the hash marks. Teams only have to pay attention to 1 WR on this team and he plays the slot. Teams are already squatting on the line of scrimmage against this team and its compounded by Murray's plodding presence. Sproles and Mathews can gain the edge. I don't give a f*ck how much $ Murray makes. You can't run the guy off tackle out of the shotgun. It's like trying to slide your bird into a hole in a brick. It's gonna hurt.

This is absolutely right on target! Great post. The players were humiliated and embarrassed and came out for themselves this time. How can a team play that well on the road but yet get torched by the Lions, Bucs and lose to MIami at home? THe only logical reason is lack of effort. Guys on the team basically called one another out for lack of effort. There will be major changes next year and the QB position is so unstable. People will forget about Bradford for a week but he was not why they won. When you have a 100 yd INT, a punt return, and a blocked punt it makes it much easier to go out there on offense.Those 3 things all happen what 1 to 2 times an entire season and they still only won by 7. This Pats team is the 4th best team in teh AFC right now. The Steelers, bengals and Broncos are better. That doesn't mean the Pats won't win in the playoffs but let's be real. Without Gronk, Edelman (their 2 weapons), Dobson and Dion Lewis this team is FCS caliber on the offensive side. They are depleted.

this team is FCS caliber on the offensive side.

3122954f77d2231e1a86351876f723eaf427b155470cd87ff98794d9bc1fb263.jpg

This is absolutely right on target! Great post. The players were humiliated and embarrassed and came out for themselves this time. How can a team play that well on the road but yet get torched by the Lions, Bucs and lose to MIami at home? THe only logical reason is lack of effort. Guys on the team basically called one another out for lack of effort. There will be major changes next year and the QB position is so unstable. People will forget about Bradford for a week but he was not why they won. When you have a 100 yd INT, a punt return, and a blocked punt it makes it much easier to go out there on offense.Those 3 things all happen what 1 to 2 times an entire season and they still only won by 7. This Pats team is the 4th best team in teh AFC right now. The Steelers, bengals and Broncos are better. That doesn't mean the Pats won't win in the playoffs but let's be real. Without Gronk, Edelman (their 2 weapons), Dobson and Dion Lewis this team is FCS caliber on the offensive side. They are depleted.
Yo buddy, they still have a guy named Tom Brady who makes all of those guys you mentioned better. And Dobson freakin still stinks btw.

Absolutely lack of effort. As bad as the WRs are the team isn't THAT bad. You don't lose by 30 to Detroit and TB if you're playing hard. Team seemed to throw its hands up with the way the Miami game was lost - almost as if they felt hopeless with the prospect of Sanchez now running the show. Perhaps not coincidentally the team picked up its spirits right when Bradford returns. With the exception of the Dallas game the Eagles have competed in all of Bradford's starts. The 2 absolute clunkers were the 2 games Sanchez started. Something to consider.

DeMarco went to Lurie to b*tch about his role. You serious, Clark? To the owner?? Dude needs to be deactivated. Mathews is back. Roll him and Sproles.

DeMarco went to Lurie to b*tch about his role. You serious, Clark? To the owner?? Dude needs to be deactivated. Mathews is back. Roll him and Sproles.
Barner looked better anyway.

or maybe Chip should stop being stubborn and stop trying to get Murray to run outside zone runs?

Letting go of D jack was just stupid. He has shown he is a stretch the field kind of player which the Eagles lack. Mc Coy another stupid GM move. Chip the GM should have been fired already. Evan Mathis? let him walk? wow is he dumb
DJax is a disaster. See last night. Summed him up perfectly.

Giants have lost three straight and are tied for the division lead. 6-10 might win it.

Reactions: brill
DJax is a disaster. See last night. Summed him up perfectly.[/QUOT
still better than any of the Eagles options now. THey don't have a #1 level WR. Matthews is a #2 at best. Riley Cooper stinks and shouldn't be in the league. Nelson agolar has done nothing but is a rookie. WR core stinks. D Jack would make that team a ton better. Another of Chip the GM's boneheaded moves. Evan Mathis being the worst move. Murray #2 worst

Brill, at some point you need to put down the hate and embrace the fact Kelly's going to win the division for the 2nd time in 3 years. I look forward to that happening.

Here's why I don't give a flying bleep about possibly winning a bad division. Because in the 80's and 90's when the NFL east won a boat load of Super Bowls (for everybody not named the eagles), nobody was carrying the sympathy flag in the national media about how unfair it was for the eagles because LT and the Giants, Gibbs and Redskins, and Troy/Emmett/Michael were In the same division. You watch for long enough, and things will cycle around.

Brill, at some point you need to put down the hate and embrace the fact Kelly's going to win the division for the 2nd time in 3 years. I look forward to that happening.
I know you are a diehard Birds fan but how can you be excited. Moving the goalposts!!!!! Wins the division. I don't think they will. Too poorly coached and constructed to win 2 of 4. But if so, who cares. Who around the country is giving credit to that. THe NFC east is a joke and you know it as a Birds fan. Winning the IVy league in hoops is nothing to brag about it is? what's the difference. All you hear is how much of a joke this league is. Skins beat Eagles in Philly just like last year. Sanchez will be in by then b/c Bradford is due to get hurt again

it seems likely more often than not the team that wins a crappy division with a bad record ends up winning a playoff game

Carolina last year, Seattle a few years ago

I know you are a diehard Birds fan but how can you be excited. Moving the goalposts!!!!! Wins the division. I don't think they will. Too poorly coached and constructed to win 2 of 4. But if so, who cares. Who around the country is giving credit to that. THe NFC east is a joke and you know it as a Birds fan. Winning the IVy league in hoops is nothing to brag about it is? what's the difference. All you hear is how much of a joke this league is. Skins beat Eagles in Philly just like last year. Sanchez will be in by then b/c Bradford is due to get hurt again
I am a steeler fan, which is why this has never been emotional for me. I'm simply looking at it from an unbiased eye.

it seems likely more often than not the team that wins a crappy division with a bad record ends up winning a playoff game

Carolina last year, Seattle a few years ago

True, but Carolina played an Arizona team that had Red Skelton at QB. Seattle got The Saints out of their dome and into one of the toughest places to play in pro football.

True, but Carolina played an Arizona team that had Red Skelton at QB. Seattle got The Saints out of their dome and into one of the toughest places to play in pro football.

NFC East winner likely has Seattle coming to town in the 4-5. A sure loss. Tho it could still be Minnesota too - a much much more winnable game.

a team many said would be 12-4 or 11-5 will be 8-8 at best. Terrible year for Chip Kelly. They were totally outclassed last night. Arians is a great coach. Just toyed with Chip

a team many said would be 12-4 or 11-5 will be 8-8 at best. Terrible year for Chip Kelly. They were totally outclassed last night. Arians is a great coach. Just toyed with Chip

When you lose your #1 and #3 CB's (and #2 is already out for the year), against a great WR corps, what were you expecting? That outcome had nothing to do with game plan or in game decisions.

When you lose your #1 and #3 CB's (and #2 is already out for the year), against a great WR corps, what were you expecting? That outcome had nothing to do with game plan or in game decisions.

Right... and David Johnson's 200 yards rushing can all be attributed to the thin secondary. Tell me more...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT